Players perspective, who will be the guy(s) Army will trade away next?

Players perspective, who will be the guy(s) Army will trade away next?

• Total voters

Stupendous Yappi

Any famous last words? Not yet!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
Is he trading anyone? I think its more likely he hires a new head coach before making a major trade. Wouldn't he want that person's input before making those kinds of personnel moves?

I don't understand this poll at all. The only trade I could see would be one to give some cap relief, probably moving a defender. But its not worth having a poll about.

Halak Ness Monster

Nov 11, 2010
St. Louis, MO
The problem is the guys we want to trade(Allen, JBo, Gunnar) have very little value because of poor play and/or contracts.

There's no one I want to trade that would have much value.

I still like this roster. I just think it was very poorly coached.

Reactions: 67Blues

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
Perron, because it's been a couple years since he's been able to move DP.

Who I'd bet on [in order]: Schwartz, Parayko, Tarasenko. None of the three have a NTC to prevent movement, they probably haver the best potential value to other teams in a trade.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
I mean, first this team really needs to find a trustworthy goalie before they consider trading a guy like Schwartz away. That would probably backfire on us big time.

We'll probably let the useless UFAs walk (or try moving them at the deadline if we still suck) and then look to move Steen in the Summer. That seems to be the most logical thing to do.

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
To shake the team up, Steen. Should be the first person gone. I’m a little more open to the idea of Pietrangelo maybe getting move whereas before I thought that impossible.

Realistically? Brayden Schenn is due for a raise in a year and a half and you’ve got ROR and Thomas as well as Bozak for the next couple years.

TerminatorBlue

Nov 11, 2007
Canada
I'm not sure who we would make good trade partners with, Vegas was going after Erik Karlsson pretty hard they may give up a lot for Petro, If Florida continues to tank I wouldn't mind going after Trocheck or Matheson. Of course many people bring up trading for Leon Draisaitl from Edmonton, he may be a good guy to build around?

PiggySmalls

Oink Oink MF
Mar 7, 2015
If Blues look to be out of contention by TDL. I can see Army moving some pending UFA. Teams would be interested in players like JBow, Gunny, Bortuzzo, Maroon, and potentially even Chad Johnson to try to get enough picks they can potentially get back in the first round. All of them offer depth to a playoff team.

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
Can't help but wonder if it was a mistake not to trade Parayko when his potential and value were sky high. Not that I blame them for keeping him but realistically he was never a highly touted prospect. He wowed people with his size and shot until other teams adjusted. But in the end is he ever going to be a true top pair guy?

My concern with trading Steen is that he's one of the few guys that gets angry and shows some heart out there. Of course the talent isn't what it used to be. It would certainly shake up the team of the ice and perhaps force other guys into leadership roles.

If talking trades I'd focus less on talent and more on personality. Guys with passion , work ethic and leadership skills. Trade guys who don't have it for players who do. Not sure who that would be since we don't know what these guys are like off the ice, but I bet coaches, gms and other players do.

carter333167

Apr 24, 2013
If we are out of the playoff hunt before the TDL and the on-ice product hasn't improved, I think Petro and Schwartz would be the blockbuster potential trades.

Perhaps Schenn as well if DA can't get him extended.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Is everyone aware of our record without Schwartz in the lineup? It isn't good. He's constantly referred to as the 'engine' for the team.

It's one thing to shake up the team, and it's another to destroy it. This type of move would hurt the Blues pretty bad.

I am confident a contender would pickup Schwartz and have him propel them to a Cup even quicker than Oshie did for Washington.

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
Is he trading anyone? I think its more likely he hires a new head coach before making a major trade. Wouldn't he want that person's input before making those kinds of personnel moves?

I don't understand this poll at all. The only trade I could see would be one to give some cap relief, probably moving a defender. But its not worth having a poll about.

What the hell.

Trade nobody until we see how the new head coach works out.

Armstrong made a comment in his presser today where he basically said that if the team doesn't respond well during the coaching search, one or more of the core may not be here when he introduces the new coach.

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
If Blues look to be out of contention by TDL. I can see Army moving some pending UFA. Teams would be interested in players like JBow, Gunny, Bortuzzo, Maroon, and potentially even Chad Johnson to try to get enough picks they can potentially get back in the first round. All of them offer depth to a playoff team.
No one is going to be interested in Bouwmeester unless he finds the fountain of youth. Gunnarsson has limited value (5th, maybe a 4th if it's a serious contender accumulating depth). Bortuzzo, ... 4th perhaps. Maroon is apparently on the "sign cheap, we'll give you an extension" plan; if he got shipped out, I'm sure that would have ripples. Johnson won't be more than a 6th if that unless it's a Flyers-like situation where someone is just desperate for goaltending, and even then CJ would have to start playing like Glenn Hall in the '68 playoffs.

So yeah, we could move impending UFAs. Virtually none of them have serious value.

phxblue

Dec 17, 2015
This team is a competent goalie away from competing for a cup IMO.

A reliable, sound positional goalie would do miracles for this team's morale.

Allen is a fine backup as long as it is 100% clear to EVERYONE that that's his only role.

Beyond that, give players roles and ice time based on performance and not a contract, and you will see a more consistent effort night in and night out.

When guys who play well and bust their ass in an attempt to earn a spot are not rewarded, but guys like Bouwmeester are given top duty responsibility, it crushes morale.

I hope Berube understands that. But I think it comes from Army down.

Make players earn ice time. No games off without embarrassment by riding the pine.

If Petro plays like shit for example, put him on the 3rd unit for a night. If Zach Sanford is lights out, reward him.

And for the love of god, is Mike Van Ryn really still an assistant coach here?

Stupendous Yappi

Any famous last words? Not yet!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
This team needs to prove they are a playoff team before we can imagine they could be a contender. That's going to be a tall order by itself. Sure, a better goalie would be nice...but they're going to need to make steps forward with Allen in net for now.

Reactions: Irish Blues

blueper

Mar 29, 2012
Well since the Blues traded Shatty, Reaves, Lehtera, and it was reported that they were Tank's best friends on the team, I guess I will place my vote on Tank. I think he would bring back a player, a prospect and a 1st rounder.

phxblue

Dec 17, 2015
Well since the Blues traded Shatty, Reaves, Lehtera, and it was reported that they were Tank's best friends on the team, I guess I will place my vote on Tank. I think he would bring back a player, a prospect and a 1st rounder.

#2 in goals in the NHL behind Ovechkin for the past several years. That means he is better at scoring goals than just about everyone else in the league, including any player you could trade him for.

blueper

Mar 29, 2012
#2 in goals in the NHL behind Ovechkin for the past several years. That means he is better at scoring goals than just about everyone else in the league, including any player you could trade him for.

I didn't say I would trade him. I predicted that he would be traded. Who is your prediction?
By the way, so far this year Tank is tied for 83rd in goal scoring. He was tied for 23rd last year. He's been trending in the wrong direction for a while now.

Got One Cup

Jun 3, 2008
Armstrong said it in his press conference. This is the 2nd coach this core has got fired. So who was on the team when Hitchcock was fired who is part of the core that would be worth anything? Petro, Tarasenko, and Schwartz would be my guess. Steen, Jbow, Bortuzzo, Gunner but they prob have no value. Armstrong knows his job is on the line next, if he has to break up the core I bet he will.

Pizza!Pizza!

Sep 25, 2018
The problem is the guys we want to trade(Allen, JBo, Gunnar) have very little value because of poor play and/or contracts.

There's no one I want to trade that would have much value.

I still like this roster. I just think it was very poorly coached.
Also Steen, JBo and Petrangelo and Maroon have no trade clauses.

Allen is movable, but looking around the league the only team that I'd see willing to trade for him would be Calgary for Mike Smith - but Smith is 36 is playing even worse than Allen is and is a UFA at the end of the year, he's too old to resign and it would free up some cap space, but it would really only work for the Blues if the 'change of scenery' put Smith back in his 42 save/night form that he had in Phoenix. Army would never roll those dice though because for some reason he thinks he can 'win now'. Next best scenario would be to try to get Greiss off of NYI, but he's basically their starter now and they're overachieving so I don't think they'd make that move unless the Blues really sweetened the pot (not worth it).

At this point their best bet is probably to ride Allen out and just try to either beef up the defense in front of him or hire a defensive coach to do some remedial training/conditioning with the ones they currently have.

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
What we have to keep in mind is Army said “this is the last time I’m firing the coach” when Yeo replaced Hitch.

So a lot of these comments can be considered fluff in some cases.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad