Players perspective, who will be the guy(s) Army will trade away next?

Players perspective, who will be the guy(s) Army will trade away next?

• Total voters

Got One Cup

Jun 3, 2008
What we have to keep in mind is Army said “this is the last time I’m firing the coach” when Yeo replaced Hitch.

So a lot of these comments can be considered fluff in some cases.
While I agree most of press conferences are fluff you have to think Armstrong is on the hot seat next. How many Coaches can we go through before we start breaking up this core? We are a max cap team in the bottom of the standings who will probably miss the playoffs for a 2nd year in a row. Armstrong will make changes to try to save his job, unfortunately that’s what has me worried the most.

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
While I agree most of press conferences are fluff you have to think Armstrong is on the hot seat next. How many Coaches can we go through before we start breaking up this core? We are a max cap team in the bottom of the standings who will probably miss the playoffs for a 2nd year in a row. Armstrong will make changes to try to save his job, unfortunately that’s what has me worried the most.
I agree he should be on the hot seat. He's made a lot of good moves lately in terms of bringing in players to improve the roster, however while I give him the credit for those, we shouldn't entirely absolve him of all faults. He said there's blame on himself in this press conference and the one when Hitch took over as well. I'm in the same boat that I'm skeptical of his reactionary moves (and capabilities to decide on a capable coach to take over if Berube is not the guy).

carter333167

Apr 24, 2013
Steen and Jbo are my players which should get traded away for pick(s) or boom/bust type of player.

We can call up from AHL if we need call-ups. Kyrou, Mikkola, Walman, Binnington/Husso for example.

They probably wouldn’t be moved until we are out of the playoffs.

Steen and bo won’t return much of value.

The Blues will probably be thinking of moving bigger names than steen and bo.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Schenn or Pietrangelo would be good trade pieces if we wanted to transition away from this core. Both guys only have one more year after this one. Petro has an NTC, but I don’t know the conditions of it. Toronto could squeeze in his contract and probably his future deal too, they’d just be top heavy like Chicago and Pittsburgh have been. Interesting young players or prospects we might see in return are Nylander, Liljegren, Sandin etc. They have a lot to work with.

Schenn wouldn’t return as much, but should still get a return at least on par with Shattenkirk. A 1st and a decent prospect. He’s going to walk after next year anyway, and we won’t be competitive again for several years so I don’t see the harm in moving him either right now or at the deadline. ROR/Thomas/Bozak/Barby is fine down the middle. We’ve definitely had worse.

Moving Tarasenko probably isn’t smart from a marketing perspective. He’s sold them a lot of jerseys and tickets. Stillman probably wouldn’t want to move the face of the franchise. Might be nice to get rid of his 7.5M he has to pay him every year. Regardless that’s not going to happen. None of it is more than likely because Army is far too conservative to move a core piece until he absolutely has to, which would be next deadline. That would help mitigate the loss of our first next year, but we’ll be trading for a pick in the 20s and giving up our pick in the top ten more than likely, but Bill Armstrong has done good work from the twenties so I’m not super concerned about that.

Quiddity

Feb 17, 2014
I'm not sure how Bozak has largely avoided criticism around here. I'm more than comfortable shipping him and his 5m aav out to anyone willing to take him off the Blues' hands.

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
I'm not sure how Bozak has largely avoided criticism around here. I'm more than comfortable shipping him and his 5m aav out to anyone willing to take him off the Blues' hands.
He's slid under the radar for the most part, with the way the season has gone so far.

Saint Loser

"(they) are unavoidably unsafe" - SCOTUS
Mar 16, 2018
And if we can’t get Just One Cup, then may I please have the two girls?

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis

Bozak largely needs criticism because he can't finish the past 2 weeks whatsoever. I don't see anything else about his game that has been bad, he's gotten a lot of chances and really good chances, he just can't pot a goal which seems to be the problem with the whole team.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Bozak largely needs criticism because he can't finish the past 2 weeks whatsoever. I don't see anything else about his game that has been bad, he's gotten a lot of chances and really good chances, he just can't pot a goal which seems to be the problem with the whole team.
Bozak's not terrible, but he's also not really that good at anything except faceoffs. He's just average at everything else. So yeah it could be worse but he's getting paid 5 mil to just... be there.

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
Bozak's not terrible, but he's also not really that good at anything except faceoffs. He's just average at everything else. So yeah it could be worse but he's getting paid 5 mil to just... be there.

Agreed, but I understand why the contract was given out when it was. There was no guarantee that Thomas would stick with the big club, ROR was a possibility but certainly not a sure thing. We needed someone to fill a void, but I guess as a Devil's advocate you could certainly argue that if that was our best option at 2C we would've been better off blowing up the team as opposed to paying him to be slightly above average.

DeuceNine

Like You Read About
Aug 6, 2006
Stymieville
Schenn or Pietrangelo would be good trade pieces if we wanted to transition away from this core. Both guys only have one more year after this one. Petro has an NTC, but I don’t know the conditions of it. Toronto could squeeze in his contract and probably his future deal too, they’d just be top heavy like Chicago and Pittsburgh have been. Interesting young players or prospects we might see in return are Nylander, Liljegren, Sandin etc. They have a lot to work with.

Schenn wouldn’t return as much, but should still get a return at least on par with Shattenkirk. A 1st and a decent prospect. He’s going to walk after next year anyway, and we won’t be competitive again for several years so I don’t see the harm in moving him either right now or at the deadline. ROR/Thomas/Bozak/Barby is fine down the middle. We’ve definitely had worse.

Moving Tarasenko probably isn’t smart from a marketing perspective. He’s sold them a lot of jerseys and tickets. Stillman probably wouldn’t want to move the face of the franchise. Might be nice to get rid of his 7.5M he has to pay him every year. Regardless that’s not going to happen. None of it is more than likely because Army is far too conservative to move a core piece until he absolutely has to, which would be next deadline. That would help mitigate the loss of our first next year, but we’ll be trading for a pick in the 20s and giving up our pick in the top ten more than likely, but Bill Armstrong has done good work from the twenties so I’m not super concerned about that.
I'd move Parayko, not sure on return. I have a feeling it would only be a pick. Eddie as well after Bortz and Gunnar are proven healthy. Petro probably needs to go, but only if we can get an OEL or someone back. Heck, I'd trade for Johnson back at this point. We need some grit, and we know he's not the leader that motivates as we need.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
I do find it funny that we sit here, wanting to shakeup the team and move a guy who's been here for a while... will Perron get moved once again? Lol. Not saying it's his fault but the team hasn't been that good in each of his stints here. It's just a weird situation.

BlueOil

"well-informed"
Apr 28, 2010
colt has a timer on him. he either needs to keep progressing or we need to trade him before the value disappears.

trade deadline will be interesting if we are still floundering

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Bozak has 11 points in 22 games. Berglund has 4 points in 19 games.

Bozak is overpaid but he's better than Berglund for sure.
Berglund was overrated in Blues. He's so bad that he has faced healthy scratch time in Buffalo.

Stupendous Yappi

Any famous last words? Not yet!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
Berglund was overrated in Blues. He's so bad that he has faced healthy scratch time in Buffalo.
The center depth between the Sabres now and the Blues then is not apples to apples. However, I think it was a good thing for the team to move on from both Berglund and Sobotka. Sobotka was badly needed with the attrition heading into that playoff series. But almost immediately after that he was a nothing contributor, and looked like he just wanted his pay check. Berglund, I'm not sure...but he doesn't look like the answer to anything right now.

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
I do find it funny that we sit here, wanting to shakeup the team and move a guy who's been here for a while... will Perron get moved once again? Lol. Not saying it's his fault but the team hasn't been that good in each of his stints here. It's just a weird situation.
He has a NTC to presumably protect himself from that, so DA will waive him so some other team can claim him, then do a "for futures deal" to accomplish the same thing.

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
If we do a retool how can we expect things to be any better than this retool if Army is still at the helm?

Evocable Manager

Apr 20, 2016
St. Louis
If we do a retool how can we expect things to be any better than this retool if Army is still at the helm?
I can't fathom the idea of Army having a job if this team doesn't at least get into the playoffs.

But based on our play against divisional opponents, we'd get slapped and given our payroll I don't think Stillman would be pleased with an early exit.

The team has been in a downwards trend for a few years despite moving out an older core and DA is the man driving the 18 wheeler off the cliff. He's responsible and I'd like to think he will be gone. It's only logical.

And at this point, I'm sick of some of his tendencies. He's poached the goaltending situation year after year and still hasn't addressed the lack of speed. His actions don't match his words.

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
Imo Armstrong is only good if your team is rebuilding or retooling, why the Blues are in this constant state. He is incapable of taking the next step and getting the players that can put a team over the top. Get rid of him now before you end up blowing up the core AGAIN.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad