GDT: Players locker cleanout

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
All this can be prevented if Botts demands a top prospect in return like he should have done in the ROR deal. If we have Thomas right now suddenly we are thinking that was a win-win deal. He won't though, instead it will be one of those quantity for quality deals.

We don't know if he did or didn't demand Thomas or Kyrou. We do know that the guy he did get is not yet close to being a bluechip prospect.

sabresandcanucks

Jul 2, 2009
We don't know if he did or didn't demand Thomas or Kyrou. We do know that the guy he did get is not yet close to being a bluechip prospect.

I'm sure he asked....and then caved when told no. Similar to how he handled the Kane deal over two months.

I promise to stop being so damn bitter after this lol!

Reactions: Chainshot

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse

I'm sure he asked....and then caved when told no. Similar to how he handled the Kane deal over two months.

I promise to stop being so damn bitter after this lol!
Agreed. And if the trade was ordered by Pegulas, he should have told them they're going to need to pay the bonus before trading him, because he can't allow the roster to be decimated so badly without a better prospect coming back.

As the production superintendent at my factory once told me as we were going through an inevitable and requisite change, "Your job is to make sure we don't do anything stupid, and tell us if we are."

But not to go down that hole again...

Re: cleanout: I would be valuable if the team is indeed hiring McLellan so quickly to not have the players immediately dispersed and instead get everyone together for an introduction.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
cut.jpg

Locker Cleanout Day

The players discuss the 2018-19 season. WATCH PLAYER INTERVIEWS

Reactions: cybresabre

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
It's not as though Kyrou had a remarkably better season than Tage did. Yes, I understand Kyrou is 8 months younger but they're from the same draft year. Very possible if we got Kyrou we're voicing the same issues with him as we do with Thompson.

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
It's not as though Kyrou had a remarkably better season than Tage did. Yes, I understand Kyrou is 8 months younger but they're from the same draft year. Very possible if we got Kyrou we're voicing the same issues with him as we do with Thompson.
It's the hockey trade equivalent of the Monty Hall dilemma. Of course you change your door / answer, because you have a better chance of winning.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

It's the hockey trade equivalent of the Monty Hall dilemma. Of course you change your door / answer, because you have a better chance of winning.

Kyrou has always been the better regarded prospect. That hasn’t changed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad