GDT: Players locker cleanout

vcv

Mar 12, 2006
Williamsville, NY
Locker clean out day is useless.

These players have about 10 responses they have to say otherwise we have an ROR moment and everyone explodes in outrage.

"We have to be better"
"We have to look in the mirror"
"We have to have our hardest offseason of training ever and be ready to go to start the season"
"We have to hold each other responsible"
"Our fired coach wasn't a complete tire fire"

No player is going to say, " I fist bumped when I heard the coach got canned. He was terrible. And here is a list of the players who are horse$h&t and cost us a ton of losses this season."
Yeah... these are pretty useless.

I find a little value in the GM end-of-season press conference (though press conferences in general are dumb), but the player ones are just... a waste of time.

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
i missed what he said regarding Risto.
Paraphrasing here

Risto: We have to be more vocal in holding each other accountable.

Eichel: It's easy to say that when things aren't going well. There can always be more accountability whether you're winning or losing. We have to let our performance on ice speak for itself, and everyone has to hold themselves accountable.

GellMann

Dec 16, 2014
Lancaster NY
I feel bad for Risto tbh. A full season with Pilut @ 21 mins and I think we are a bit better, and his stat line certainly is.

I'm glad we aren't going off the deep end with analysis of these canned responses like we have in years past. As if we weren't just given 82 games to watch and see what is and isn't wrong with the team

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
sobering from a guy who literally almost died last season
I have to admit, while it didn't help the team much, I'm hoping the glimpses we saw of the 'old' Okposo weren't just a second-half phenomena and he may actually be a valuable contributor next year.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Paraphrasing here

Risto: We have to be more vocal in holding each other accountable.

Eichel: It's easy to say that when things aren't going well. There can always be more accountability whether you're winning or losing. We have to let our performance on ice speak for itself, and everyone has to hold themselves accountable.

He also said that if someone had asked if there was enough accountability to one another when they were winning, the answer would have been of course.

Reactions: jc17

Matt Ress

Don't sleep on me
Aug 5, 2014
Appalachia
It was his interview where he just sounded like he as giving the canned answers and mentioned a few times how he hasn't thought about his contract and how his agent is handling it. It reminds me of what other players who go into free agency say so they don't upset the fanbase.
He could have just as easily went with, "imI not thinking about that right now. I'm letting my agent do that work, we'll see what happens, I don't know how things are going to play out, blah blah blah!!!"

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
He also said that if someone had asked if there was enough accountability to one another when they were winning, the answer would have been of course.
And said that usually when things are going bad you are not performing the best on the ice. So it makes it harder to hold someone else accountable when you’re not performing yourself.

I thought that was a pretty good point.

Royal Thunder

Frolunda Mode
Feb 21, 2012
Be able to skate better? LOL WHAT? I mean, I guess he could do some work on his power?

I hope he focuses on his shot. Especially one-timers.
Dahlin definitely needs to work on his acceleration and top speed. As Chain said, getting stronger will help.

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
Right, which I think its important that he acknowledges.

Its important to have a captain that can separate results from process and sees the hypocrisy in Risto's statement

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
Well I think Jeff Skinner might be here next year, but it won’t be before July 1st. He wants to test the UFA market.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
Be able to skate better? LOL WHAT? I mean, I guess he could do some work on his power?

I hope he focuses on his shot. Especially one-timers.
His edgework is amazing but added speed/power would do a lot for now he plays the game. I would even say necessary to become Norris-level.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->