Players due for a step back next season.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
The highest ranked player for Columbus is David Savard at 8.79%. The highest ranked forward (who is still on the team) is Boone Jenner at 8.07%. Artemi Panarin was at 10.13% for Chicago. Yet, somehow all of their players are going to be worse this year.

I thought Atkinson was near 15%? The team % was close to 10%. They also had a record setting steak that's not going to happen again and allowed for 20% of the season to be wins. At best that will be a lot less wins, making them a worse team. Same with minny and the flyers.

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
I thought Atkinson was near 15%? The team % was close to 10%. They also had a record setting steak that's not going to happen again and allowed for 20% of the season to be wins. At best that will be a lot less wins, making them a worse team. Same with minny and the flyers.

This thread isn't about how many wins Columbus will get. Also, that stat isn't for S% (Goals/Shots).

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Fleury is going to get destroyed in Vegas with that cast of misfits. I will be shocked if he has a save % above 89 and a goal against average less than 3.

OilCanada92

May 1, 2009
Edmonton, Alberta
Panarin is 8 points in 11 games, McDavid is 9 points in 13 games for twice the money. So Artemi actually doesn't look that bad. Btw Toews has the same 8 points in 11 games as Panarin for the last 2 seasons, it's just he was getting 10.5M, not ELC money with bonuses.
Twice the money? McDavid is still on an ELC.

pi314

Jun 10, 2017
Windsor, ON
100% sure:

Hossa

Educated guesses:

Panarin
Kuznetsov
Marchand
Atkinson
Anders Lee
Oshie
Kadri
Eaves
Arvidsson
Marchessault
Shattenkirk
Fleury

Ryan Michaels

Mar 21, 2017
Why do people keep saying this?

Columbus. Out. Scored. Chicago. Last. Season.

Patrick. Kane. I'm not saying Panarin will drop for sure but there is a very obvious and very valid line of thinking behind this, such an unjustifiably arrogant post which is the norm, and you did have Panarin on your selke shortlist at one point this year so shouldn't be surprised.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Marner, Matthews, and Nylander for sure.

Matthews will be fine imo. One or both of Marner and Nylander will have a sophomore slumps as my educated guess. They're no longer being looked at as underdogs so it'll be interesting to see how a number of Leafs, not just the kids respond. Would make sense why they overpaid for vets.

Nharris31

Aug 9, 2013
The yearly thread where we should probably just look at who rode a crazy oiSH%, especially ones who did it to career highs. Anyone over 10% on this list is probably going to have regression. McDavid is probably an exception, as the only guys to constantly stay above 10% are Crosby and Stamkos. Some of the youngers guys may be off-set by more ice-time and opportunity. The guys I'd think are most likely to regress from the top are Zucker, Dumba, Skjei, Granlund, Rakell, Marcus Johansen (especially when you factor in the teammate switch), Zetterberg, and Bozak.

Younger guys like Marner, Ehlers, Laine and Scheifele I wouldn't expect to massively regress, but I don't think they'll have the expected growth you see of younger players. Laine may be able to be a guy who carries a number over 10% with his linemates like Stamkos but I highly doubt he'll stay over 11%. Most elite players have career averages between 8.5%-9.5%.

https://stats.hockeyanalysis.com/ra...0&teamid=0&type=goals&sort=ShPct&sortdir=DESC
Trying looking at Career shooting percentages
Zucker shooting percentage has never been Below 10 percent besides one year.

Also Dumba shooting percentage was lower this year.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Trying looking at Career shooting percentages
Zucker shooting percentage has never been Below 10 percent besides one year.

Also Dumba shooting percentage was lower this year.

On-ice shooting percentages not individual shooting percentage. Zucker had an unusual number of goals go in when he was on the ice which means more chances for points. It's extremely unlikely that happens again. The whole Granlund- Koivu- Zucker line likely sees some regression in their point totals.

TheRexman

Just have fun
Jul 5, 2015
Quebec City
Laine. He's been propped up by his linemates. When he was removed from the top line, he fell apart. If the Jets try to have Laine carry his own line again next season, he's gonna put up terrible numbers. He's a product of his linemates.

EP40 AKA Lil Wayne

May 9, 2013
Bäckström. A gut feeling, but if I would have to put it in words it would be that he had real strong year point wise which would be hard to repeat, also almost 30 which makes me ask how long can he keep it up and no way is the Caps better heading in to the next season. A 65 point season coming up with strong defense on a washed up Caps will magicly make him a front runner for the selke, as condoldstion price for the Caps not being able to bring home a cup.

Last edited:

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Laine. He's been propped up by his linemates. When he was removed from the top line, he fell apart. If the Jets try to have Laine carry his own line again next season, he's gonna put up terrible numbers. He's a product of his linemates.

That's been proven false numerous times.
His line mates scoring goes up when he is on their line.
Their shooting %'s go up when they play with him.
When he played with Little mid season he was VERY productive.
So you're basing this off his end of the season only.

Hard to see his point totals going down when the Jets have plenty of forwards to surround him with for success.

Time will tell.

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
I wonder why you would say Scheifele?
What makes you think his points would go down (outside of an injury)?

The question with Scheifele is probably more his goal then assists. He shot 20% in 2016-17, which was 4th highest in the league among forwards with 10+ goals. The only three forwards with a higher shooting % were TJ Oshie, Paul Byron, and Artem Anisimov.

He shot 14.9%, 8.8% and 13% the previous three seasons. Was this season an outlier in his shooting % or can he sustain it higher then 14-15% going forward?

Nharris31

Aug 9, 2013
On-ice shooting percentages not individual shooting percentage. Zucker had an unusual number of goals go in when he was on the ice which means more chances for points. It's extremely unlikely that happens again. The whole Granlund- Koivu- Zucker line likely sees some regression in their point totals.

Ya that makes more sense.

When people say Nino and Zucker career highs I think it's funny especially when it comes to goals. Because before last year Nino career high in goals was 24 last year he scored 25. Zucker career high in goals before last year was 21 last year he scored 22.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Ya that makes more sense.

When people say Nino and Zucker career highs I think it's funny especially when it comes to goals. Because before last year Nino career high in goals was 24 last year he scored 25. Zucker career high in goals before last year was 21 last year he scored 22.

Yea, I don't think another 20 goal season is out of line for Zucker if he stays on that line, but his assists probably go down a bit unless he starts getting PP time.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Maroon. Shot 20% on mcdavids wing. If he struggles and gets dropped from the line then hell be around 30/35 points

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad