kmad

riot survivor
Jun 16, 2003
Vancouver
This was another good one:

theodore_jose031122.jpg

cynicism

Aug 13, 2008
Fleury's old yellow pads. Man those were ugly.

Mike Foligno's helmet

Didn't John Cullen have these pads sticking out of his jersey around his neck?

The Bruins had a goalie named John Blue who's helmet was simply painted dark blue

Bumjoo Wang*

Irbe's manky old pads is a good example, I think. He kept wearing the same type of helmet even after they stopped making them as well.

Pelican

Nov 8, 2005
Teemu Selanne has worn same type of Jofa helmet whole his career.
16_selannejets.jpg

The helmet he wore last spring in world championships was brought him from finnish ice-hockey museum.:laugh:

arrbez

bad chi
Jun 2, 2004
Toronto
Teemu Selanne has worn same type of Jofa helmet whole his career.
16_selannejets.jpg

The helmet he wore last spring in world championships was brought him from finnish ice-hockey museum.:laugh:

Ah yes, the MegaMan look...

My friend once described a girl as a "Jofa". "She had nice equipment...but man...just an ugly, ugly bucket."

BM67

Mar 5, 2002
In "The System"
Visit site
Yeah, it was something ridiculous like 7 or 8 feet long, if I remember correctly.

The history of the ice hockey stick has seen regulations in length. Ernie “Moose†Johnson, an All-Star winger and defenseman, supposedly used a hockey stick that was 75 inches long. Hockey sticks that were too long became interference in the rink. During the 1927-28 hockey season, the National Hockey League (NHL) made a new rule, requiring all sticks to be 63 inches in length or shorter.

http://stickshack.com/Hockey-Stick-History.htm

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
How about the two blockers Dan Blackburn sported when he played for the ECHL Victoria Salmon Kings during the '04-'05 season as part of his abortive comeback attempt?

160427326_2b53b2de37.jpg

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Felix Potvin's pads
potvin.jpg

It looks like Cam Ward is trying to copy Potvin's gear:

NCKD104101321_1024x768.jpg

mco543

Aug 14, 2006
Agree on Felix Potvin, when i was a kid he became my favorite player (still is) primarily because of his gear and mask.

NYRSinceBirth

Feb 24, 2007
what was the deal with that weird plastic neck thing patrick roy wore in montreal?

nhl_i_roy_195.jpg

Uhh... A dangler? Not sure who started the whole thing, but a few goalies wear those.

And to whoever mentioned Ovechkin's yellow skate laces, I attribute Jagr with those far before Ovie. But to each his own I guess.

irishlaxburger2

Jan 30, 2008
Rye, NY
Uhh... A dangler? Not sure who started the whole thing, but a few goalies wear those.

And to whoever mentioned Ovechkin's yellow skate laces, I attribute Jagr with those far before Ovie. But to each his own I guess.

Jagr's all black skates with yellow laces came to my mind first.

Hoser

Aug 7, 2005
How about players who were less famous than their equipment?

Gary "The Cobra" Simmons will perhaps be best remember for his cobra mask, rather than his play. Playing for the Golden Seals, Barons and miserable late-'70s Kings doesn't lend well to being remembered for personal achievements...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad