Harrold: C
Salvador: D-

Schneider: B+
Brodeur: C

NJDevils11

Dec 31, 2008
Lincroft, NJ
Jägr - A amazing the level he had
Schneider B+ was very good except for the minor hiccup post olympics for a few games,
Clowe B- It's a shame how he can't stay healthy, because I really like his game when he plays
Henrique B+ He is streaky at times, but put together a very good season
Ryder D For someone's who only purpose is to score goals, the dry spells were way too often and long
Brunner C Mediocre all year, always wanted more
Elias C+ Too careless and lackadaisical at times, but still produces
Brodeur C- Expected performance from him, played too often
Zubrus D+ The work ethic was there, but not enough output
Zajac B+ More scoring would be great, but very good on both ends and being asked a lot of
Gionta C+ He's asked to do more than he is really capable of, but the work ethic can't be doubted
Carter C+ See above
Bernier F Makes poor decisions and dropped off from the past few years
Gelinas B Up and down, but the upside is undeniable, not a better shot on the team, needs lots of work defensively
Merrill B Much improved throughout the year, solid defensively still needs work with decision making
Salvador F Brutal in all regards
Greene A- Outstanding first half-3/4 of the year, thought his play dropped off a bit after the Olympics but a workhorse and a very good year
Fayne C+ Mediocre, unforgettable and invisible most of the time but that's not necessarily a bad thing
Volchenkov D+ Good on the penalty kill, but not much else, still blocks a ton of shots
Harrold D+ Wasn't bad, but played minimally and is pretty useless on this team
Zidlicky B+ At times does too much dangling and is careless, but excellent year and no longer a major liability defensively

The Wumpus

bottomless pit supervisor
May 9, 2011
Morristown, NJ
Last time a Devils D-man cracked 40 pts: Rafalski, 2007
Last time a Devils D-man hit double-digit goals: Niedermayer, 2004

Zidlicky deserves credit for his offensive season, especially at his age.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Jägr - A amazing the level he had
Schneider B+ was very good except for the minor hiccup post olympics for a few games,
Clowe B- It's a shame how he can't stay healthy, because I really like his game when he plays
Henrique B+ He is streaky at times, but put together a very good season
Ryder D For someone's who only purpose is to score goals, the dry spells were way too often and long
Brunner C Mediocre all year, always wanted more
Elias C+ Too. careless and lackadaisical at times, but still produces
Brodeur C- Expected performance from him, played too often
Zubrus D+ The work ethic was there, but not enough output
Zajac B+ More scoring would be great, but very good on both ends and being asked a lot of
Gionta C+ He's asked to do more than he is really capable of, but the work ethic can't be doubted
Carter C+ See above
Bernier F Makes poor decisions and dropped off from the past few years
Gelinas B Up and down, but the upside is undeniable, not a better shot on the team, needs lots of work defensively
Merrill B Much improved throughout the year, solid defensively still needs work with decision making
Salvador F Brutal in all regards
Greene A- Outstanding first half-3/4 of the year, thought his play dropped off a bit after the Olympics but a workhorse and a very good year
Fayne C+ Mediocre, unforgettable and invisible most of the time but that's not necessarily a bad thing
Volchenkov D+ Good on the penalty kill, but not much else, still blocks a ton of shots
Harrold D+ Wasn't bad, but played minimally and is pretty useless on this team
Zidlicky B+ At times does too much dangling and is careless, but excellent year and no longer a major liability defensively

Good work here, I can tell you watch a lot of games.

Though I give Bernier a F minus.

NJDevilsFan21

Trade Everyone!!
Nov 10, 2006
Jagr A+
Schneider A-
Clowe B
Henrique B+
Ryder F
Brunner D
Elias B-
Brodeur C
Zubrus D
Zajac B
Gionta C
Carter C-
Bernier F
Gelinas B
Merrill B-
Salvador F
Greene A
Fayne B
Volchenkov F
Harrold C
Zidlicky B-

slammer

Oct 28, 2010
Hessen
positives (which doesnt mean other players were bad):

Henrique - A+, awesome work. He will be a groundstone for the Franchise. Amazing guy and player with a lot of skill and will to fight. Candidate for Captain for me!!!

Greene - A, i never was a big Greene fan to say the truth ... until THIS season. He was one of the few players who gave 100% every game. Offensively and defensively reliable with great effort on scoring. really great effort. I want him to stay as a Devil. Candidate for a Captain for me as well!!!

Brodeur/Schneider - A, they both did a great job, period! and I want them BACK!

Elias - B+, always tried to play hard. Elias never let's you down! amazing guy, amazing player. important for the chemistry in the team. even without scoring he is valuable for the team cause he doesnt give up and gives everything he has!!!

Jagr - A+, amazing effort and work. He is just so amazing at the boards, he dominates the puck. RE-SIGN!!!

Gelinas - A-, IMO this guy was amazing. His offensive skills and shot are outstanding and his defensive play was powerful as well. He will be a big one. I want him in the NHL!

Merrill - B+, he was not that much outstanding but also didnt do negative things...he was stable and did his work! good job, he is a NHL player!

Zidlicky - A
dont get why some are negative about him. One of the best shots from a defensive player, always battles hard...helped scoring the right goals in many games. scored OFTEN!!! defensively aware and physical play. I WANT HIM TO STAY AS A DEVIL!

Clowe - B+, great player with amazing team-effort. dont score that much, but battles hard and fights for the team!!! you need such a player in the team.

Zajac - B+, didnt find his scoring this season, but always fights and gives all he has. and a great line-mate for every winger!!!

Big let downs for me: Ryder, sad enough. Hoped for more from him!:(

Last edited:

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
dude, I'm completely with you if there wasn't a prior history, and the guy's biggest question mark wasn't his health to begin with- and the fact that 50% of the reason for him being here is his grit.

Are the grades for effort, or effectiveness? I give Clowe and Gionta an A for effort, and C- or D for effectiveness.

If hypothetically, Niedermayer blew a knee in 99 or something, and it became CHRONIC and he couldn't skate well - would you be giving him an A?

Cam and others were on point-a-game paces at some point too - and Clowe showed nice hands - but how you get 26 points in 43 games == "a point a game pace" I'll never know.

Did he fail to live up to his contract and what this team needed from him? Look at Brunner - only played about 10 more games and had the same points - and compare the two guys' grades...

Sorry to confuse. I didn't mean that clowe had a point per game, I was talking about his point per game average which was over half a point per game. Not bad for the cap hit. The injuries are though.

Rare

HENRIQUE! IT'S OVER!
Apr 15, 2014
New York
www.nycserp.com
Jagr A+
Zajac B
Zubrus C-
Ruutu C-
Clowe B
Henrique A-
Elias B-
Brunner C-
Ryder D
Bernier F
Carter C
Gionta C
Josefson C-

Greene A-
Zidlicky B+
Fayne B-
Gelinas C
Merrill C+
Larsson INC
Salvador F
Volchenkov C-
Harrold D

Schneider A-
Brodeur C

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Last time a Devils D-man cracked 40 pts: Rafalski, 2007
Last time a Devils D-man hit double-digit goals: Niedermayer, 2004

Zidlicky deserves credit for his offensive season, especially at his age.

Agreed whole heartedly. He had an excellent season.

He was also a lot more responsible in his own end. Not perfect but enough that is upside clearly out shined the negatives.

I know we need to clear the D logjam but not at the expensive of Zids just yet IMO.

Uli Hiemer

Dr. Evil
Oct 19, 2011
Queens
Jagr A+ best player by far
Zajac B
Zubrus C- fell off a cliff
Clowe B+
Henrique B
Elias B
Brunner C- revaluate the signing
Ryder D same as above