Player Discussion: Nikita Tryamkin | IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
so Hutton is still 183 not 207? I'm confused.

that list looks like something that you'd see on hockeydb, where they rarely ever update the weights of players. The list Breakers posted looks much more accurate. Hutton is definitely between 205-210

CherryToke

Oct 18, 2008
Coquitlam
that list looks like something that you'd see on hockeydb, where they rarely ever update the weights of players. The list Breakers posted looks much more accurate. Hutton is definitely between 205-210

I doubt it. His college profile lists him at 200. I think he was listed at 183 when he was drafted.

yeah he didn't look 183 last year. He would have been ragdolled at that weight I think.

Callhee

Embrace the hate.
Aug 24, 2009
Great to hear about Tryamkin looking good. But I'm most curious about Rodin, he is a complete wild card, how did he look?

GetFocht

Indestructible
Jun 11, 2013
He's 228lbs.
CtDMaj5VMAAKBnc.jpg

Those are incorrect, it lists Stecher as 5'8 and he publically stated that's incorrect and that he is actually 5'10.

This was likely the same list Botchford had too during the young stars tournament. They have been updated now

cc

Feb 28, 2002
Tryamkin at 265? that's crazy.
he was measured at 228 when he first came to the Canucks and then he gained 40 lbs over the summer? that's a bit extreme isn't it?

also, Evan McEneny listed at 6'3 223? I didn't realize he was so large...

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver
Tryamkin at 265? that's crazy.
he was measured at 228 when he first came to the Canucks and then he gained 40 lbs over the summer? that's a bit extreme isn't it?

also, Evan McEneny listed at 6'3 223? I didn't realize he was so large...

The khl had Tryamkin listed at 255 (116kg) last year. 228 was his draft weight.

Uhmkay

Tryamkin = New Chara
Dec 11, 2006
Vancouver
They had someone on the afternoon show today (Kuzman I think) who was saying that Tryamkin is in exceptional shape this camp.

huntison

Aug 12, 2008
Who did expect, that Chara would become Chara, when he was 21... Will be cool, if Tryamkin becomes someone similar.

That's our dream.

Imagine a few years down the road.

Juolevi - Chara (Tryamkin)
Hutton - Tanev
Edler - Gudbranson

schenneuf

Jul 4, 2011
Have I not maintained Tryamkin has been a blue chip prospect during his time in Russia? I've always believed he would eventually become a No. 2 D if his exit passing improves (as he's already a defensive monster and has a bomb). Reading the breakouts and rushes (IQ) will determine if he unlocks his absolute potential beyond that.

I have him in a keeper league and have followed him closely. The good news is he has loads of time on his side. I wouldn't even think of trading him until at least seeing him through to his age 32-ish season. He's already better than advertised but there's always the possibility of a late-career blossoming into a Chara type. I still think he's already a good #4.

Balls Mahoney

2015-2016 HF Premier League World Champion
Aug 14, 2008
Legend
I think Tryamkin is 20-30 pounds overweight and looks like he barely skated in the off-season. Something is definitely off because his skating has regressed significantly from where he was a year ago.

He's a video showing how sweet his skating was just a year ago.

But he looked pretty bad last night. I still think he should get the next two games.

A week ago we're talking about him being a potential top pairing defensemen. Now people want to send him back to Russia after one game.

LeftCoast

Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver
IMO - Pedan has looked much better than Tryamkn so far. He doesn't look like the same player who debuted at the end of last season. While I'm sure the Canucks would love a big, physical presence on the back end, but based on the pre-season and training camp, my #6 through #8 defenders (assuming Sbisa is #5) would be Stecher, Biega and either Pedan or Larson.

JuniorNelson

Jan 21, 2010
E.Vancouver
Tryamkin had a rough game last night. This does not mean anything. He might have had new equipment on, for all we know. He wasn't dreadful, he was poor. The team played poorly, too. NBD!

I think he'd go to AHL, too. THe Russian clause is in case the team gives up on him. I don't think he'd mind a month. Canucks are always getting run, how long before he gets called up? He might make it on durability?

MeatAndPotatoes

Jul 7, 2016
You could tell Tryamkin looked frustrated at the end of the game. I think he knew he was having a bad game too. I'm still very optimistic that he can be a unique and useful player for us.

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
They had someone on the afternoon show today (Kuzman I think) who was saying that Tryamkin is in exceptional shape this camp.

No, because of one game in an ill-conceived pairing he is now fat and lazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad