Player Discussion: Nikita Tryamkin | IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfhard

Jul 7, 2012
BC
And its fixable. And oh, of is not off. Anyhow, this is a young man (22) and the Canucks should be investing whatever assets he needs into giving him every chance. A conditioning coach. Someone to ensure he is comfortable in Vancouver, making sure his expenses are not overwhelming him, because he will be wealthy one day, but get him there this year.

Way to nitpick a clear auto correct. I hope you feel intelligent now.

And yes, I'm sure they have given him all the help and guidance that he needs. But at the end of the day, you can give him trainers, nutritionists, ice to skate on and a gym to use. But it's up to him to eat the food and do the work. And unless he's done a lot of that work over the past few months, his team-worst conditioning won't have improved enough to even have him be average.

He had a lot of ground to make up, so I really hope he's made the effort. If so, then he could have more potential than many of us realize.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Early camp watchers reporting that Tryamkin has reported in far better shape and got married in the off-season....will be one of the most intriguing stories at training camp and into the exhibition schedule.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Early camp watchers reporting that Tryamkin has reported in far better shape and got married in the off-season....will be one of the most intriguing stories at training camp and into the exhibition schedule.

Been "working out a lot" *wink wink nudge nudge*

I really hope he takes sbisa's slot on the 3rd pairing.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Been "working out a lot" *wink wink nudge nudge*

I really hope he takes sbisa's slot on the 3rd pairing.

Would rather Larsen since Benning is demanding him in the lineup for now

Edler Tanev
Hutty Goober
Sbisa Trammer

Much better grit toughness and evertyhing basically

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Yep....and the depth is definitely better with Biega, Larsen and potentially Pedan to draw from.....of course that assumes that Stecher doesn't come in and blow everyone's socks off like Hutton did a year ago....no doubt the 'Nucks won't be patsies in their own zone, like a year ago.

Virtanen2Horvat

BoHorvat53
Nov 29, 2011
Vancouver
Edler - Tanev
Hutton - Gudbranson
Larsen/Pedan/Sbisa - Tryamkin

I think Tryamkin will be a third pairing guy with a spot. Only way I see him moving up is if he does well and Guddy doesn't work out.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
The media guys are reporting that the most "intriguing guys" in camp will be Rodin, Larsen, Gaunce and Virtanen....but for me it has to be Tryamkin......6'7" and 265, and a guy who skate like that....he'll be a menace in his own zone, for better or worse!....if he used a "Willie Mitchell" stick, he'd have the wingspan to cover the entire blueline:amazed:

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Edler - Tanev
Hutton - Gudbranson
Larsen/Pedan/Sbisa - Tryamkin

I think Tryamkin will be a third pairing guy with a spot. Only way I see him moving up is if he does well and Guddy doesn't work out.

Larsen is Benning's PP guy, he's pointed this out many times. So that likely means the 3rd pairing RS slot is going to be Larsen's to lose. Given Tryamkin is left-handed, so Tryamkin-Larsen ls-rs is much more likely.

Rex Banner

Custom User Title
Aug 22, 2013
He's 228lbs.
CtDMaj5VMAAKBnc.jpg

Rex Banner

Custom User Title
Aug 22, 2013
Maybe the one I posted has last years measurements? Though I have a hard time seeing Tryamkin putting on over 35lbs of muscle in 5 months.

schenneuf

Jul 4, 2011
The 228 is an OLD listing. He's been 260 since the WJC in 2014. At his height, it seems pretty reasonable considering how rugged he is.

Uhmkay

Tryamkin = New Chara
Dec 11, 2006
Vancouver
Watching the scrimmages being streamed and Tryamkin looks pretty slim at his height. He looks like he's about a lean as Edler, but taller. I know, hard to tell with all the pads, etc on. But guys that are 30+lbs overweight look different.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
I got my list from the Canucks.

My uncle works for the canucks brass.

He is 265. But will be listed at 255-260 by season start

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Watching the scrimmages being streamed and Tryamkin looks pretty slim at his height. He looks like he's about a lean as Edler, but taller. I know, hard to tell with all the pads, etc on. But guys that are 30+lbs overweight look different.

His skating is amazing for his size.

I was at the scrimmage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad