Speculation: Player Availability at the Trade Deadline

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
I'm not sure what your saying Ransku lol. But I think BB123 is just saying Rattie won't be moved in a rental deal.

I think army could land Jagr/Zidlicky without Rattie being moved.

Rattie is alot closer to ready then I thought. We've been banking on Fabbri being ready next season but it's not a guarantee.

At this point this point B prospects or draft picks. Picks we can recover with Berglund.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
This team isnt not going to end if we have players like Berglund,Jaskin, Lindström or Rattie playing. If there is possibility that Shattenkirk is out. We can already look out where is beach balls and rainbows.

It's a pretty safe bet that Shattenkirk will be back for some regular season games and he will definitely be back for the playoffs, which is when our real season starts.

We can easily upgrade this team without moving Rattie, that's the point. All we need to do is get healthy on the forward end, should be soon with Lehtera coming back, and add a depth forward to the top 9, someone like Jagr or Vermette or someone, and none of those will cost us Rattie.

Defensively, we are fine if Shattenkirk will return, the current core is plenty good enough to get us to the playoffs and challenge for the division.

Blues88

Apr 27, 2009
St. Louis
News out of Toronto is that Santorelli and Winnik are available. i think Winnik might be worth targeting....Santorelli is a good complimentary player but would he be interested in playing wing? Best info I have is 1.5m for Santorelli and 1.3m for Winnik, both on one year deals.

What say all of you?

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
agree with Dbrownss I don't know how either of those guys would be an upgrade over either Berglund or Jaskin

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
I wouldn't mind getting Winnik for depth but it's not necessary, and the problem with that is when a guy like him is one of the top forwards available at the deadline...that isn't good and even he could get overpaid for.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
They are looking for a second, which means they'll likely get a 3rd & average prospect.

They are nice pieces, but what do they upgrade? Berglund and Jaškin are probably better fits for us on the third line, and it isn't like we have garbage on the 4th line for either to go into as depth.

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
Leafs fans on the trade board seem confident that they will get a 1st for Franson but I remain extremely skeptical of that

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Judging by past history (guys like Douglas Murray bringing in a 2nd round pick) a late 1st for Franson wouldn't be that horrible.

It's hard to predict deadline value though because it changes every year it seems. Just depends on which GMs are desperate that given year.

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
I'm not sure I see a move that improves the top 9, but I would really love to have an effective player as the 10th guy for the sake of injury. Lindstrom isn't that guy. Porter isn't back yet, and I'd prefer not to mess up the 4th line (who I expect to see getting decent minutes in the post-season) to fill in an injury slot.

But its a hard argument to trade assets to get a healthy scratch injury insurance player in trade.

Blues88

Apr 27, 2009
St. Louis
If Jaskin continues his new normal, I'd agree with standing pat. But the idea that Lindstrom is the tenth man is disconcerting.

On a side note, who else is really appreciating what Goc brings? I saw it as a lateral move, but in reading about his skating....those "prophets" were spot on. He is quite simply more effective in every zone compared to Lapierre. He really seems to have transitioned in seamlessly...and it's nice to know you could, if need be, slide him up to the third line and he wouldn't hurt you.

Winnik is a bit intriguing but he really upped his stock with the Ducks. Not to say he isn't a good player in his own right, but he's got that Penner-esque allure, only way less of an effective scorer, and more than likely, a less effective breakfast food consumer.

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
If Jaskin continues his new normal, I'd agree with standing pat. But the idea that Lindstrom is the tenth man is disconcerting.

On a side note, who else is really appreciating what Goc brings? I saw it as a lateral move, but in reading about his skating....those "prophets" were spot on. He is quite simply more effective in every zone compared to Lapierre. He really seems to have transitioned in seamlessly...and it's nice to know you could, if need be, slide him up to the third line and he wouldn't hurt you.

I didn't get why people thought it was lateral. Goc is a very smart, versatile and well rounded player. He brings the added bonus of being excellent on the PK.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
The only thing Lapierre brought more of was "physicality", or he was supposed to. But I'm not seeing it. Goc is just as physical since Lappy was too scared to hit people anymore. Goc is better at everything else.

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
Lateral? Because it was a one for one trade. What's Pittsburghs motivation if it's not lateral? They're just not too bright?

The only possible thing I can think of is that they wanted that elusive "grit." Kind of a silly trade from their point since Lappy hasn't been that kind of player for a while. Goc is simply a better hockey player. I was kind of puzzled about the deal from their perspective.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Curtis Glencross has asked for a trade out of Calgary. Good player, but he's injured frequently and has virtually no playoff experience. Possible upgrade for the third line.

Captain America*

Hitch is a fan of Glencross. It wouldn't surprise me if they did acquire him.

c-carp

Mar 3, 2002
Illinois
Visit site
At this point I hope they don't do **** at the trading deadline, put the pressure squarely on the shoulders of this underachieving core group of players and if they collapse in the playoffs again shake up the core move a key piece or two out. They should have done this after last springs debacle against the Hawks

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad