Speculation: Player Availability at the Trade Deadline

Lord Helix

Nov 12, 2010
Just out of curiosity would you be referring to DeKeyser?

That's the type of player I'd be targeting...But I'd also want a talented offensive piece coming back too. I have no clue how reasonable of a trade it'd be from either end, but that's the direction I would go should this team need to allocate salary a little differently.

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
That's the type of player I'd be targeting...But I'd also want a talented offensive piece coming back too. I have no clue how reasonable of a trade it'd be from either end, but that's the direction I would go should this team need to allocate salary a little differently.

Something like DeKeyser+Jurco for Bouwmeester+ then?

Jordeau

Aug 8, 2014
St. Louis
Is DeKeyser on the trade block? I don't know much about DeKeyser or the Wings' needs, but I can't see them trading a young, point-producing defenseman with a good cap hit for an older defenseman whose talent seems to be declining.

Captain America*

Bouwmeester has a no trade clause in his contract.

Last edited by a moderator:

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Bouwmeester has a no trade clause in his contract.

He had one in Calgary too. It doesn't mean he can't be traded, just that it would have to be to the right team. I doubt he'd veto a trade to another good team, but I equally doubt the Blues are interested in moving him. We spent over a year looking for a partner for Petro, and JBo was a great one last year. He hasn't performed as well this year, but we know he's capable of more.

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
He had one in Calgary too. It doesn't mean he can't be traded, just that it would have to be to the right team. I doubt he'd veto a trade to another good team, but I equally doubt the Blues are interested in moving him. We spent over a year looking for a partner for Petro, and JBo was a great one last year. He hasn't performed as well this year, but we know he's capable of more.

Exactly. I was just spitballing with an idea of what I think we'd be looking for if we decided to move him.

EastonBlues22

Nov 25, 2003
RIP Fugu ϶(°o°)ϵ
I've found myself becoming unusually annoyed with aspects of his play this year, but Bouwmeester's larger body of work strongly suggests that this is just a lull that will eventually rebound.

His mobility and style of play suggest that he should age well, and we have him under contract for three more years at a relative pittance compared to what it would cost to replace him.

I can't imagine that the Blues would be looking to move him. The chances of them finding someone better to play with Pietrangelo are vanishingly small.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I've found myself becoming unusually annoyed with aspects of his play this year, but Bouwmeester's larger body of work strongly suggests that this is just a lull that will eventually rebound.

His mobility and style of play suggest that he should age well, and we have him under contract for three more years at a relative pittance compared to what it would cost to replace him.

I can't imagine that the Blues would be looking to move him. The chances of them finding someone better to play with Pietrangelo are vanishingly small.

This is how I feel as well. I don't think he's being moved and I just think this season is one of those years where he's just off. It's not like his offensive ability just went away.

I gotta think his groin might still be affecting him at least a little. He doesn't seem to get as involved as he did with us in previous seasons and that's when he's truly dangerous offensively.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
They are doing what Calgary did to him, limiting his best attribute, his speed and trying to make him a pure defensive guy. You have to make the opposition fear his speed, that's when he's at his best.

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
They are doing what Calgary did to him, limiting his best attribute, his speed and trying to make him a pure defensive guy. You have to make the opposition fear his speed, that's when he's at his best.

This is true - speed and mobility are his best assets. I don't think it is trying to change his game to be more defensive. If he had a groin injury, there is a good probability that he continues to be limited. Considering his mobility is his greatest asset, which we all know that it is, then any kind of injury that limits that will cause him severe problems.

I don't quite get some of the views on this board (Not targeting you 1223). Someone is playing injured or having a down year- well lets just move him. Knee jerk reaction with the thought that the grass is always greener....

There were fans calling to trade for Zack Kassian - he who has all of 6 points. Lets move Berglund for him.... Oshie starts out slow - lets move him for Eberle....

Patience and long term view are what makes teams successful. Knee jerk reactions with short term outlook tend to fail.

Why can't we just be happy with the team. Always have to have a whipping boy.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
This is true - speed and mobility are his best assets. I don't think it is trying to change his game to be more defensive. If he had a groin injury, there is a good probability that he continues to be limited. Considering his mobility is his greatest asset, which we all know that it is, then any kind of injury that limits that will cause him severe problems.

I don't quite get some of the views on this board (Not targeting you 1223). Someone is playing injured or having a down year- well lets just move him. Knee jerk reaction with the thought that the grass is always greener....

There were fans calling to trade for Zack Kassian - he who has all of 6 points. Lets move Berglund for him.... Oshie starts out slow - lets move him for Eberle....

Patience and long term view are what makes teams successful. Knee jerk reactions with short term outlook tend to fail.

Why can't we just be happy with the team. Always have to have a whipping boy.

I agree, Bouwmeester shouldn't be moved, it's either groin related or how he's bring utilized, both of which will eventually be corrected, so until then we can enjoy our successful season With no true whipping boy.

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014

Doubtful. Speed and instincts have always been his greatest weapons. His speed is a transitional weapon, not offensive, as it has only been shown with regularity in the defensive and neutral zones. His instincts stand out as being the most lacking lately. He seems indecisive and often either makes the wrong play or makes the right play a beat too slow. Personally, I think it is a confidence issue that will go away after a few good games. Probably just a chronic case of "think long, think wrong."

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Nope, contract issues. I wouldn't mind him at all but with his production that 5m is a turn off and I doubt Winnipeg would deal him to us.

Reminds me of Stewart to be honest

Lord Helix

Nov 12, 2010
Something like DeKeyser+Jurco for Bouwmeester+ then?

If Detroit would bite, yes. If that plus could be Berglund and a prospect or pick, I'd love to do some swapping. That being said, even if Detroit would do it, (I don't think they would) it'd probably be better served to do it next year. I've given my logic?;) chain to why I think it'd be best to trade JBo. I mean, Shattenkirk is clearly the more important player to this team, so finding a cheaper option to play with Petro could be crucial to this team having the cap room to fill in with what will become the new "core" players of the franchise.

I'm more than willing to listen to why I'm wrong. :)

Corp of Discovery

Feb 5, 2015
SAINT LOUIS
Jagr for Berglund. Berglund Struggles to raise his game in the playoffs. I think we have a chance this year and the thought of having Jagr on your third line for a cup run excites me. I think Berglund is gone after this year anyway so, I say give me #68 please.

Lord Helix

Nov 12, 2010
Jagr for Berglund.

No. The value for a rental is terrible.

Berglund Struggles to raise his game in the playoffs.

Well, you know, aside from that time against the Sharks. Who else on this team raises their game that much? A handful only now that we have Schwartz and Tarasenko.

I think we have a chance this year and the thought of having Jagr on your third line for a cup run excites me.

Agreed.

I think Berglund is gone after this year anyway so, I say give me #68 please.

Agreed on the premise, but the conclusion you're coming to is where I have the issue.

execwrite

May 4, 2002
Peekskill, NY
Visit site
It sure sounds like Shattenkirk might be done this year.

He has to be replaced. The top rentals seem to be Cody Franson, Jeff Petry and Marek Zidlicky. I'd take any of them at the right price, although cap space will be an issue.

A possible answer - Colton Parayko's college team is finished March 7.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011

He has to be replaced. The top rentals seem to be Cody Franson, Jeff Petry and Marek Zidlicky. I'd take any of them at the right price, although cap space will be an issue.

Link?

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Where are you hearing that......

Shattenkirk said himself he'd like to get the surgery done ASAP and he feels he'll be 100% for the POS

Idk where this season ending injury talk is coming from

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
If Detroit would bite, yes. If that plus could be Berglund and a prospect or pick, I'd love to do some swapping. That being said, even if Detroit would do it, (I don't think they would) it'd probably be better served to do it next year. I've given my logic?;) chain to why I think it'd be best to trade JBo. I mean, Shattenkirk is clearly the more important player to this team, so finding a cheaper option to play with Petro could be crucial to this team having the cap room to fill in with what will become the new "core" players of the franchise.

I'm more than willing to listen to why I'm wrong. :)

If you're expecting me to rip you, you are going to be disappointed ;). I'm not wanting to now Bouwmeester, but if we were to do so that's the type of deal I'd want.

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas

Do we even know what his injury is? Several of us have speculated, and some of us (myself included) made pessimistic predictions....but its all baseless. Don't go quoting my own pessimism back at me, its like speaker feedback and the result is not pretty.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad