Speculation: Player Availability at the Trade Deadline

execwrite

May 4, 2002
Peekskill, NY
Visit site
Where are you hearing that......

Shattenkirk said himself he'd like to get the surgery done ASAP and he feels he'll be 100% for the POS

Idk where this season ending injury talk is coming from

Speculation only. JR mentioned in his chat today that this type injury could take two months of recovery time and more time after that to then rehab and eventually play.

I'm not optimistic. But hey - I'm a Blues fan.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
We don't really know either way since they won't tell us exactly what it is. But if its a hernia, I wouldn't put it past 4 weeks. If they do laparoscopic surgery, he can probably get back on a bike for low intensity cardio fairly soon. I had open surgery and with the pain meds they had me on, I was up and moving the same day. It really speed up my recovery time. The previous time I didn't get up and move around so it hurt like a mofo for 2 weeks.

Also JR has been off on his injury protections lately.....

Captain America*

Mike Weber doesn't look like a bad defenseman, I wonder if he's available.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
It's difficult seeing the Kings being sellers at the deadline, everything is suggesting they might be buyers relatively soon.

Even if they suffer the collapse needed to be sellers, I imagine the starting point for Williams would be a 2015 1st.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Enticing....but I bet he'd cost alot. I'd pass unless LA wants to help Stl after owning us for so long

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
Why are we shoving Jaskin out so fast?

I don't want to shove Jaskin anywhere. He's been playing great and I would feel pretty comfortable going into April with him as 3rd line RW. But you cannot deny that Berglund-Stas-Williams would be even better for the playoff run

execwrite

May 4, 2002
Peekskill, NY
Visit site
From JR today re: Shattenkirk

The Columbus Blue Jackets have had at least three players in recent years undergo abdominal surgery, similar to what Blues defenseman Kevin Shattenkirk is prepping for.

Center Brandon Dubinsky and forwards Jared Boll and Mark Letestu all had the procedure and successfully returned to the lineup. But it took significant time for all three to come back.

Two of them, Dubsinksy and Letestu, had the surgery this season. Dubinksy's original diagnosis in early October was four two six weeks and he missed eight, sitting out 26 games. Letestu had his done in November and also missed two months, covering 28 games.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Similar.....? I'm sorry but unless management informed anyone outside of the office as to the exact injury, it's still shooting in the dark. All we can count on is 4+ weeks

execwrite

May 4, 2002
Peekskill, NY
Visit site
Armstrong needs to move now and replace Shattenkirk. The longer he waits the higher the price for a short-term rental.

Zidlicky or Petry for a 3rd round (?) pick and a B prospect (hate to give up any of our kids)?

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Zidlicky is more choice.

Yes Zidlicky is my clear choice too. If we are going to get Petry we would give up some real deal Blues prospect to them and I don't like that at all. Maybe Rattie could be that. Like Jagr+Zidlicky <-> Rattie + (pick).

Didlicky and Jagr both perfect rental players.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
I'm not going to lie...after seeing Rattie get a little more comfortable, I don't think I want to give him up.

I've joined the no Rattie for a rental camp.

Zidlicky is probably a 3rd....

2nd+3rd+B prospect for Zidlicky and Jagr

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
stasny needs someone to play with. its very apparent after watching him have no chemistry with tarasenko and schwartz. once lehtera is back i dont want to see a 3rd line with him paired up with bergie and jaskin.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
We were never going to give Rattie for some rental, just how we didn't for Miller who had much more value than the players we are discussing.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
We were never going to give Rattie for some rental, just how we didn't for Miller who had much more value than the players we are discussing.

This team isnt not going to end if we have players like Berglund,Jaskin, Lindström or Rattie playing. If there is possibility that Shattenkirk is out. We can already look out where is beach balls and rainbows.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad