Play Ball! After months of idiocy, schedule is in place & camps open July 1st

TheTotalPackage

Sep 14, 2006
In-game social distancing would be practiced. So beyond no high-fives or handshakes, how would this even be put in place? Cram 35 people into a dugout, but needing to be 6-feet apart. Bullpen pitchers can't sit next to each other. Catchers have to be further back from batter's box. Umpire can't rest his hand on the catcher while peering right over his shoulder. Men on base must take at least a 6-foot leadoff.

What a logistical nightmare.

Mr Fahrenheit

Valar Morghulis
Oct 9, 2009
In-game social distancing would be practiced. So beyond no high-fives or handshakes, how would this even be put in place? Cram 35 people into a dugout, but needing to be 6-feet apart. Bullpen pitchers can't sit next to each other. Catchers have to be further back from batter's box. Umpire can't rest his hand on the catcher while peering right over his shoulder. Men on base must take at least a 6-foot leadoff.

What a logistical nightmare.

People dont spontaneously contract Covid19. If all the teams are in Arizona, have been tested and are isolated in their Arizona towns they can avoid getting covid19 just like you avoid it by self quarantine

Taro Tsujimoto

Jan 6, 2009
Clarence Center, NY

The potential divisions:

Grapefruit North: DET, NYY, PHI, PIT, TOR
Grapefruit South: ATL, BAL, BOS, MIN, TB
Grapefruit East: HOU, MIA, NYM, STL, WSH

Cactus Northeast: ARI, COL, CHC, OAK, SF
Cactus West: CHW, CIN, CLE, LAA, LAD
Cactus Northwest: KC, MIL, SD, SEA, TEX

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
yeah that's such a stupid idea

just play a shortened season or don't have one at all. no need for gimmicky shit like this

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea

The potential divisions:

Grapefruit North: DET, NYY, PHI, PIT, TOR
Grapefruit South: ATL, BAL, BOS, MIN, TB
Grapefruit East: HOU, MIA, NYM, STL, WSH

Cactus Northeast: ARI, COL, CHC, OAK, SF
Cactus West: CHW, CIN, CLE, LAA, LAD
Cactus Northwest: KC, MIL, SD, SEA, TEX

So with 15 teams in each "League" one team would have to be off every single day, maybe someone should put more than 30 seconds of thought into some of these ideas

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
the divisions are pretty stupid. why is a group with arizona, colorado, chicago cubs, oalkand, and san fransisco called the northeast division?

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
They must be pretty desperate for that TV check. Ironically of all sports baseball is the worst TV sport and pretty much entirely built around the game attendance experience. Whether theres no baseball or a summer of spring training masquerading as a season is really irrelevant to me. If theres no game at a ballpark to attend, thats the fun of baseball gone.

Now NFL games could for all I care be played in empty stadiums forever. Thats a TV sport all the way.

Sep 19, 2008
They must be pretty desperate for that TV check. Ironically of all sports baseball is the worst TV sport and pretty much entirely built around the game attendance experience. Whether theres no baseball or a summer of spring training masquerading as a season is really irrelevant to me. If theres no game at a ballpark to attend, thats the fun of baseball gone.

Now NFL games could for all I care be played in empty stadiums forever. Thats a TV sport all the way.
As someone who attends nearly every sporting event in DC I wouldn't agree on the NFL experience, which I have heard floated before from Bill Simmons after cousin Sal went to the Cowboys game at the Coliseum. But you are right on baseball. It is a fan experience.

Cubs2024WSChamps

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015
I'm not gonna lie, these divisions are delicious.

The poor White Sox, whom I predicted to come in last place in the gala thread, might not even win ten games.

Cubs get a nice, easy division. Pad the stats, boys, make the fans happy.

I don't see too many complaining about the division set up. It's for the fans

Reactions: PanthersPens62

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
I'm not gonna lie, these divisions are delicious.

The poor White Sox, whom I predicted to come in last place in the gala thread, might not even win ten games.

Cubs get a nice, easy division. Pad the stats, boys, make the fans happy.

I don't see too many complaining about the division set up. It's for the fans
that's a funny way of saying the cubs are the third best team in the division

i don't envision this shit happening anyways. such a terrible idea. either play a shortened season as it would normally be (just without fans) or don't play one at all. no need to get cute

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad