Play Ball! After months of idiocy, schedule is in place & camps open July 1st

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I wonder if they make changes to reduce the amount of games. Do we really want the World Series being played in November, especially when there is a decent chance of being in a city that could have winter weather at that time?

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
I wonder if they make changes to reduce the amount of games. Do we really want the World Series being played in November, especially when there is a decent chance of being in a city that could have winter weather at that time?
It's either shortening the season or they might have to play at a neutral site in a warm weather place.

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
I'm pretty disappointed with this. I was hoping they would at least play the first few weeks to a month with empty stadiums since it would have given the Pirates an edge as they've been doing it for decades already

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Yeah I was wondering what happens when action gets underway, they obviously can’t just start the season right away and there will probably have to be another “mini” spring training period

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
If the Democrats were as diabolical as Huff seems to think then they wouldn't have allowed the economy to reach "record highs" in the first place.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Depending on how long this goes on, I wonder if they would be willing to schedule some doubleheaders to make games up. Perhaps extend the rosters to 30 for the season to handle the extra workload.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Depending on how long this goes on, I wonder if they would be willing to schedule some doubleheaders to make games up. Perhaps extend the rosters to 30 for the season to handle the extra workload.
I'd imagine we'd just see a very shortened season, especially if this doesn't get wrapped up quickly. If the season doesn't get started till June/July, which at this point is a reasonable assumption for how long we could be out, then I don't see anyway that they could have enough double-headers to make up for the lost games that the players would agree to. At that point, they'd need to decide if they create a new schedule or just roll with what they got. Maybe you create an 81 game schedule or 108 and play 1/2 or 2/3 of a full season.

Last edited:

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
What an absolute nut job.

Go put some panties on your head, f***ing psycho.
I'm just rolling my eyes at all the bad political takes going on. The only things I'm worried about are health of people and the economic fallout. The people at higher risk of dying and the individuals that are going to be losing their jobs or have their incomes cut severely. People on both sides of the political spectrum got caught with their pants down around the world, but this is the time to get together to make the situation better, and lets leave conspiracy theories at the door.

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
I doubt we see any form of baseball until July, even that may be optimistic, up until few days ago I was hopeful by Memorial Day but no chance, this is spreading fast

Reactions: PhillyWings

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad