Plans, Trades, and Automobiles: Fixing the Winged Wheel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
maybe holland does think its a fantasy league whereby he hopes their is an impatient GM who will drop claude giroux to the waiver wire because of a slow start

hmmm

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
The Wings are still seeking to upgrade their defensive corps through free agency, but with a solid group of prospects close to being NHL-ready, they will be selective.

"If I can find a D who wants to do a year or two," Holland pondered as his voice trailed off. But he quickly added, "We're moving slowly. I don't want to lock into something that in two years I'm trying to figure my way out of."

msn.foxsports.com/detroit/story/holland-cryptic-non-committal-on-plans-for-wings-060514

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Bruce Garrioch @SunGarrioch · 7m
The Tampa Bay Lightning are toying with the idea of acquiring D Dan Boyle's rights from San Jose before he becomes a UFA.

Looks likely we can cross Dan Boyle off the list. He'll go back to Tampa.

Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
"I had 2-3 managers call with some interesting names," Holland said. "People are starting to talk a little more. It appears to be an intriguing draft (for trade possibilities)."

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2014/06/detroit_red_wings_hoping_to_si.html

General manager Ken Holland said Wednesday he has talked to a few colleagues regarding trades, something that, across the NHL, there will be much more of starting next week at the GM meetings.

"I'm moving along slow to keep our options open," Holland said. "We'll see what's out there via trade. But we feel good about our team, and our fallback position is our kids.

"We're trying to move kids in, and also have the right amount of vets."

http://www.freep.com/article/20140605/SPORTS05/306050048/detroit-red-wings-ken-holland

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Your 14-15 red wings defense

Kronwall-Ericsson
Dekeyser-Smith
Kindl-Lashoff

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Bruce Garrioch @SunGarrioch · 7m
The Tampa Bay Lightning are toying with the idea of acquiring D Dan Boyle's rights from San Jose before he becomes a UFA.

Looks likely we can cross Dan Boyle off the list. He'll go back to Tampa.

Darn.

Now I'm campaigning for Markov :naughty:

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
Your 14-15 red wings defense

Kronwall-Ericsson
Dekeyser-Smith
Kindl-Lashoff

i think he is just gun shy because he knows he isnt good at it

he really should move up the ladder and focus just on the draft and development side of operations and let someone else who undertsands todays game a bit better run the rest, someone with less emotional talent to everyone who has ever worked for the wings organization

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
I interpreted it as... I only want to sign one of the UFA's if it's a shirt term deal, because I have kids coming.

Yeah, that is what I meant. I hope he means he is not planning on giving anyone a very long deal, including Quincey.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Honestly I would not mind Markov that much, at least on a short-term deal.

I want someone who can play on the PP, and someone who can put up points.

Not someone who can just "log a lot of minutes".

I want a puck mover, with some offensive game.

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
A little off topic but does anyone else expect Babcock to see a lack of movement this summer from Holland and walk away from the coaching job before training camp?

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
"If I can find a D who wants to do a year or two," Holland pondered as his voice trailed off. But he quickly added, "We're moving slowly. I don't want to lock into something that in two years I'm trying to figure my way out of."

cough, weiss, cough

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
A little off topic but does anyone else expect Babcock to see a lack of movement this summer from Holland and walk away from the coaching job before training camp?

Would be really surprised. I think the fact that the kids at forward did well gave him some hope, and re energized him.

But I bet it would pretty much seal his fate for next summer if we just give him the same crap again on defense for next year.

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit

no but i would say with certain accuracy he will see a lack of major improvements as a sign he is done here once his contract is out and to be honest why would he stay?

he is a championship coach, not a development coach. his job is to win cups not hand out most improved awards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad