Plans, Trades, and Automobiles: Fixing the Winged Wheel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
I feel like the Wings and Edler is like the Flyers and Bobby Ryan. Linked to them forever that everyone things it's inevitable and then he gets traded somewhere else.

I really don't get the Byfuglien love at all. While he's great offensively, freakin Lashoff is better than him in his own end. I wouldn't complain if we got him but I'm not trading Tatar or 1sts.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I feel like the Wings and Edler is like the Flyers and Bobby Ryan. Linked to them forever that everyone things it's inevitable and then he gets traded somewhere else.

I really don't get the Byfuglien love at all. While he's great offensively, freakin Lashoff is better than him in his own end. I wouldn't complain if we got him but I'm not trading Tatar or 1sts.

If Lashoff scored 20 goals and 50 pts a year I'm sure we wouldn't mind as much.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
What kid are you going to play over Boyle that's going to give you 10+ goals and 25-30 assists?

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
Where did you get this from?

He's been linked to two teams, Ottawa and Tampa. Ottawa missed the playoffs last year. Tampa made it as far as we did.

Haven't heard anything about Boyle only wanting to go to a contender.

ottawa is his hometown and tampa is his hometown team

i am getting the other aspect from history of aging top ufa vets who typically if not signing in their hometown city or their first nhl team will choose to go to a legit contender, espescially on short term deals

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010

i am getting the other aspect from history of aging top ufa vets who typically if not signing in their hometown city or their first nhl team will choose to go to a legit contender, espescially on short term deals

So it's speculation and you cannot say for 100% certainty that he will not sign here if he does not feel the team to be a legitimate contender.

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
What it would take to pull off a trade to get a mid 20s stud top 3 RH D. Would cost an arm and a leg. Maybe two of each.

who does that mean exactly?

this sounds like republican style fear tactics, the "great unknown enemy" that will steal your jobs, take your wife and enslave your kids while carefully choosing to not identify or name who that enemy is because it dosent actually exist but fear politics sure do.

yes nyquist plus mantha is overpaying while pretty much anything less is not if its for a young top pairing dynamic RH shot dman

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010

If he hasn't said it, you're just assuming. No offense.

Alfredsson came here, don't see why Boyle wouldn't. We have as good of a chance of winning the cup as the two teams you mentioned.

Plus vets love the Holland retirement castle in Detroit.

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
So it's speculation and you cannot say for 100% certainty that he will not sign here if he does not feel the team to be a legitimate contender.

no, but i can reasonably say more likely no then you can reasonably say more likely yes because ic an point to two more likely cities emotional wise and 3-5 teams better positioned to win championships

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
If he hasn't said it, you're just assuming. No offense.

Alfredsson came here, don't see why Boyle wouldn't. We have as good of a chance of winning the cup as the two teams you mentioned.

Plus vets love the Holland retirement castle in Detroit.

alffie came here for one reason above all other-sweeden

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
What kid are you going to play over Boyle that's going to give you 10+ goals and 25-30 assists?

Probably none. The team needs to be significantly better this year, I don't think playing more rookies without upgrading elsewhere is going to help.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Probably none. The team needs to be significantly better this year, I don't think playing more rookies without upgrading elsewhere is going to help.

i don't think just signing boyle is going to help significantly either. it's just blocks development and experience from one of the kids. wasted season anyway so would rather focus on the future.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
i don't think just signing boyle is going to help significantly either. it's just blocks development and experience from one of the kids. wasted season anyway so would rather focus on the future.

That's a silly assumption in June.

The team is not going to tank it before the season even starts with Datsyuk and Zetterberg still with good years left.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
don't think boyle's point totals matter that much either. despite sharks scoring much more than rangers as a team, they scored less when boyle was on the ice, than when strålman was for the rangers. so yeah cool, he has more points but doesn't help his team outscore more than strålman.

only edge he has is the pp QB abilites. didn't seem that good at it last year.

edit. boyle did get most of his points on the pp. but he had pretty high share of points per goals scored.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
who does that mean exactly?

this sounds like republican style fear tactics, the "great unknown enemy" that will steal your jobs, take your wife and enslave your kids while carefully choosing to not identify or name who that enemy is because it dosent actually exist but fear politics sure do.

yes nyquist plus mantha is overpaying while pretty much anything less is not if its for a young top pairing dynamic RH shot dman

It means this.

Good young top 3 RH D aren't available to begin with. To get a good player like that, that's not even on the block, you're going to have to massively overpay.

If it was attainable to pull a trade like that without giving up a ton, Holland would have done it by now. As well as 29 other GM's.

We're chasing the golden ticket for Willy Wonka's chocolate factory with all this trade talk.

Our targets were Edler and Ehrhoff. Vancouver's GM just said Edler is off the table. Holland just came out and said "I won't trade two of our kids for a 32 year old d man". Which is essentially saying "hey red wings fans, we're not getting Ehrhoff."

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
That's a silly assumption in June.

The team is not going to tank it before the season even starts with Datsyuk and Zetterberg still with good years left.

remember those two specifically said making the playoffs is not their goal, that the team has to get much better, we should all remember that when discussing boyle or salo or hemsky...

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
only edge he has is the pp QB abilites. didn't seem that good at it last year.

Based on what? Cause it damn sure ain't stats.

Stralman plays on a stacked d core. Should be taken into consideration when we look at all these advanced stats.

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
It means this.

Good young top 3 RH D aren't available to begin with. To get a good player like that, that's not even on the block, you're going to have to massively overpay.

If it was attainable to pull a trade like that without giving up a ton, Holland would have done it by now. As well as 29 other GM's.

We're chasing the golden ticket for Willy Wonka's chocolate factory with all this trade talk.

Our targets were Edler and Ehrhoff. Vancouver's GM just said Edler is off the table. Holland just came out and said "I won't trade two of our kids for a 32 year old d man". Which is essentially saying "hey red wings fans, we're not getting Ehrhoff."

just tell me who you feel if we traded would be overpaying?

forget who the top 3 RH shot dman is as we can discuss that after

all holland says, and he says the same thing over and over, is we will not move anyone of value ever for anyone of value. i agree moving nyquist and mantha for ehrhoff is stupid, but it cant be a blanket statement assuming all our prospects are equal and all potential trade targets are equal

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
remember those two specifically said making the playoffs is not their goal, that the team has to get much better, we should all remember that when discussing boyle or salo or hemsky...

Adding a Boyle would improve the team. If you couple that with other additions or changes, you can make a run. The Rangers did off a hot goaltender. Why can't we do it with Zetterberg and Datsyuk leading the way?

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Based on what? Cause it damn sure ain't stats.

sharks fans reports, if i'm not mistaken.

salo was one the ice for more pp goals than boyle, relative to ice-time.

i don't think it's coincidence that with boyle decline, sharks pp also declined.

Stralman plays on a stacked d core. Should be taken into consideration when we look at all these advanced stats.

i think i have taken that into consideration.

that stacked d core has worse stats without strålman. and better with him.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Advanced stats that talk about what happens when 5 guys are out there, and try to attribute it all to 1 person vs goals and assists that can be directly attributed to one person is dumb.

There's 4 other guys out there with Stralman and Boyle, seems dumb to attribute what that unit does to one of those 5 people.

Why I don't like advanced stats that much. Too many factors that people use to try and prove points that fit their agenda.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Adding a Boyle would improve the team. If you couple that with other additions or changes, you can make a run. The Rangers did off a hot goaltender. Why can't we do it with Zetterberg and Datsyuk leading the way?

happens also to be the best and most consistent goalie since lockout.. not that shocking that he has been good.

we also have no mcdonagh. among other things.

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit

they added marty st louis, again MARTY ST LOUIS

their d corps features a top 4 ten times better then our top 4

mcdonaugh, staal, girardi and stralman are heads and shoulders above kronwall, ericsson, dekeyser and boyle/smith

boyle will not improve the team to make a deep run next year, the year after, the year after that, the year after that, the year after that

lets get signifcantly better for both next year and five years from now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad