Status
Not open for further replies.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
kopitar and carter too.

seguin and benn.

ovy and bäcks.

some of avs duos make solid case soon. same with okposo and tavares, stamkos and whoever.

and yes, i meant on red wings.

Gotcha.

Seguin and Benn are a great combo I forget about for some reason.

Mac and Landeskog should be good for a long time coming.

Also was surprised the other day when I was looking and saw Backstrom has 494 pts in 495 career games. I think he gets overlooked when people talk about the ranking of centers in the game.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Gotcha.

Seguin and Benn are a great combo I forget about for some reason.

Mac and Landeskog should be good for a long time coming.

Also was surprised the other day when I was looking and saw Backstrom has 494 pts in 495 career games. I think he gets overlooked when people talk about the ranking of centers in the game.

bäckström is lazy, soft and doesn't care, as evidenced that he's under ppg.

19 for president

Apr 28, 2002
If you don't improve the defense and just add offense, we end up in the same situation this year as we did last year.

Do Patty and JT normally play together? Otherwise I don't see how JT really helps, as he'd be another playmaking center without the shooting winger to go with him. I''d be ok with Marleau but I just don't see JT being a fit unless he plays with Marleau in SJ. I'd rather stick with the kids than go for a package deal, for two guys that haven't been able to take a very talented SJ team to the finals.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
I guess I just figured it was obvious because we're on the Red Wings board, we are in a topic about how to improve the Red Wings, and the tone of the posts in question were about people saying that Thornton and Marleau shouldn't be grouped in with Bert, Cleary, and Samuelsson.

That's why I figured "clearly" it was about the Wings.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I guess I just figured it was obvious because we're on the Red Wings board, we are in a topic about how to improve the Red Wings, and the tone of the posts in question were about people saying that Thornton and Marleau shouldn't be grouped in with Bert, Cleary, and Samuelsson.

That's why I figured "clearly" it was about the Wings.

Okay.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
If you don't improve the defense and just add offense, we end up in the same situation this year as we did last year.

Do Patty and JT normally play together? Otherwise I don't see how JT really helps, as he'd be another playmaking center without the shooting winger to go with him. I''d be ok with Marleau but I just don't see JT being a fit unless he plays with Marleau in SJ. I'd rather stick with the kids than go for a package deal, for two guys that haven't been able to take a very talented SJ team to the finals.

JT and patty would help defense a bit as they would help with puck possession.

that said, wouldn't pull the trigger if D can't be improved.

they didn't play together this year. marleau was with couture as his C, and JT had burns, hertl and pavelski as his wingers.

Kronwalled55

Detroit vs. Everybody
Jan 7, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Andy Strickland
‏@andystrickland
Brian Campbell apparently wants out of Florida...still has two years left on contract paying north of $7 million #Panthers

That is a lot of money...

But out of all the names floating around, he's probably the one I would be most interested in. Plus he's played every single game the last 3 seasons, which would be a huge plus if he could do that for us.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
@SportsnetSec
With a handful of free agents Rangers can't give everyone a raise. Hearing Anton Stralman a guy NYR wishes to keep however.

Chance on Chance

Jul 15, 2009
Canada
Andy Strickland
‏@andystrickland
Brian Campbell apparently wants out of Florida...still has two years left on contract paying north of $7 million #Panthers

Kinda intriguing. I didn't watch any panthers games outside of when the wings played them but if some salary is retained I wouldn't mind him

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Jul 6, 2012
what would you guys pay for ROR?

Nothing. Not because I don't like him as a player, but his cost in both assets to acquire and monetary contract demands are too high for me to be interested.

I have zero interest in paying Ryan O'Reilly $6-7M per and since he's an RFA give up a ton of picks or a package of stuff to trade for him.

BStinson

Nov 11, 2013
Andy Strickland
‏@andystrickland
At that cap hit and his age, depends on the price. I believe he can play right side or at least the few Panthers games I have watched he did.
what would you guys pay for ROR?

I would love to have ROR but the price tag on him is gotta be up there. Hasn't he been playing wing instead of center the past two seasons or so?

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Andy Strickland
‏@andystrickland

I would be down. How much you think he would cost?

What do you think pairs would look like with Campbell?

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Jul 6, 2012
I would be down. How much you think he would cost?

What do you think pairs would look like with Campbell?

Probably would be something like

Campbell-Dekeyser
Kronwall-Ericsson
kid-Smith

So, basically, they'd have two pairings they'd probably alternate as "top pairings" and a third consisting of Brendan Smith and likely a defensively inclined kid (Ouellet?)

This would put an offensive D and a defensive D on every pairing... and you could have Campbell-Winger on 1st PP and Kronwall-Smith/Dekeyser on the 2nd.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Jul 6, 2012
Wow, as long as the price wouldn't be ridiculous, I'm really behind the trade for Soupy bandwagon now. His big contract won't hurt us, but it will knock down his value to acquire if we can just accept it without any retention.

He always seemed like a really good player in Chicago who was simply overpaid by 1-1.5M

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad