Rumor: Planning Ahead: 2019 Off-Season Part 2

dman3474

Feb 21, 2009
L.A.
Blake should sit down with Clifford in the middle of the season and ask him what he wants to do, there will be interest at the deadline and he could bring assets back. If he wants at a cup, trade him with a handshake agreement that we will re-sign him over the summer. If not, he probably gets a three year deal

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
My honest opening night lineup prediction:

Brown - Kopitar - Carter
Wagner - Kempe - Toffoli
Kovalchuk - Prokhorkin - Grundstrom
Clifford - Lizotte - Iafallo
Amadio, Lewis

Clague - Doughty
Martinez - Walker
Ryan - LaDue
McDermid

Quick
Campbell

Forbort is hurt to start the season. Did I misss anyone obvious?

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
JQ mask sighting 2.

Like the change up , especially adding some black to it.

Screen Shot 2019-09-15 at 9.49.11 PM.png

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
That Quick mask is f***ing fire. I like him putting up a fresh start too, even though the knight mask is totally iconic.

Reactions: tny760

Peter James Bond II

Mar 5, 2015
My honest opening night lineup prediction:

Brown - Kopitar - Carter
Wagner - Kempe - Toffoli
Kovalchuk - Prokhorkin - Grundstrom
Clifford - Lizotte - Iafallo
Amadio, Lewis

Clague - Doughty
Martinez - Walker
Ryan - LaDue
McDermid

Quick
Campbell

Forbort is hurt to start the season. Did I misss anyone obvious?

That looks like how it could play out, though do not see Carter on top line. Matt Roy , JAD, Kupari and Luff have shots, depending on their camps and preseason.
Would be severely awesome if Vilardi is playing within a few months and does well in Ontario and at the trade deadline, TT Carter and Lewis are gone and
Vilardi and JAD are on the team after that...then in April, Turcotte signs and gets a few games in...and Fagemo and Bjornfot finish their SHL seasons and join the Reign as well.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
That looks like how it could play out, though do not see Carter on top line. Matt Roy , JAD, Kupari and Luff have shots, depending on their camps and preseason.
Would be severely awesome if Vilardi is playing within a few months and does well in Ontario and at the trade deadline, TT Carter and Lewis are gone and
Vilardi and JAD are on the team after that...then in April, Turcotte signs and gets a few games in...and Fagemo and Bjornfot finish their SHL seasons and join the Reign as well.

I think we see JAD, Kupari, and others after the trade deadline or perhaps if injuries pop up. I would imagine, given the great drafts we’ve had the last few years, that all the veterans will be given every opportunity to showcase their skills and will be moved if there is any interest at all. Carter, Toffoli, Kovalchuk, Martinez, Forbort, LaDue, Campbell, and Quick could all be moved if there is any interest.

Butch 19

Go cart Mozart
May 12, 2006
Geographical Oddity
Blake should sit down with Clifford in the middle of the season and ask him what he wants to do, there will be interest at the deadline and he could bring assets back. If he wants at a cup, trade him with a handshake agreement that we will re-sign him over the summer. If not, he probably gets a three year deal

If you were Cliffy, would you want to go back to the Kings for yet another season of this ****?

BringTheReign

Jul 3, 2008
San Diego
I'm over worrying about our opening lineup looks, but am pretty excited to see Ontario's. I live in SD and try to go every Reign game they play down here. Last season was rough, but this year's projected/possible roster has a lot of promise.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
That looks like comeback, MIP season mask.... There goes our top 5 pick

top 5 pick is going to be gone if 3 of Quick, Doughty, Kopitar, Kovalchuk, Toffoli or Carter have bounce backs. Also Prokhorkin is a big wild card who seems to be doing well at the start of camp

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
top 5 pick is going to be gone if 3 of Quick, Doughty, Kopitar, Kovalchuk, Toffoli or Carter have bounce backs. Also Prokhorkin is a big wild card who seems to be doing well at the start of camp

I had Proks penciled in as a 40pt player at minimum.. IMHO, I think we see all those guys post better numbers and improve their overall play from last season... Now, here's hoping we move the Toff's, Carts, Kovy's if they put up points but you never know with this FO...

Thanksfully our D loks horrible but you never know... some young punk might get a fresh idea and step up.. Gotta be ready to send their asses down lol ..

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
The thing I keep coming back to and enjoying is pairing some of the philosophies from development camp--ie forcing people to make plays instead of dumping it in--with some of the thoughts from main camp, like playing with pace, and at the very least, this will be a very different look. Especially since we already know it's a team that needs to outscore their problems. Guys are actively encouraged to make mistakes--read, more turnovers--but to make plays.

I know the cynics may say yeah yeah we've seen this before but I don't think we've seen it on this scale. Brown pointed out him and Kopi have been playing the same system since Terry Murray.

Reactions: dman3474

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
I had Proks penciled in as a 40pt player at minimum.. IMHO, I think we see all those guys post better numbers and improve their overall play from last season... Now, here's hoping we move the Toff's, Carts, Kovy's if they put up points but you never know with this FO...

Thanksfully our D loks horrible but you never know... some young punk might get a fresh idea and step up.. Gotta be ready to send their asses down lol ..

The D is beyond awful.

Of those players mentioned I am most concerned about Carter. Just seems like he cannot keep up since the injury and I have not heard if he is even back to 100% yet. Toffoli to Buffalo for Defensive help I think makes sense.

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
The thing with Carter is you can always move him to wing with, say, Kempe. or even Kopitar. Especially given it seems Kempe and Prokhorkin are taking over the middle.

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
The D is beyond awful.

Of those players mentioned I am most concerned about Carter. Just seems like he cannot keep up since the injury and I have not heard if he is even back to 100% yet. Toffoli to Buffalo for Defensive help I think makes sense.
Here's stating the onbvious that no one is helping us by taking Carter, Quick or Kovy because of $$ and term..
Sell High/Low..
Toffoli - 1st+propspect... 2nd+young guy
Martinez - 1st+prospect... 2nd+salary
Campbell - 3rd... Darcy K. 2.0
LaDue - a Dodger dog
Ryan - 3rd... 5th
Lewis - 3rd ala Hagelin... 5th..
Clifford - 3rd... 5th.. Toronto has been after him for 2 years now, he deserves a chance to win

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad