"Plan B"

GodTukka*

Would Nashville actually deal him? I think Hornqvst is super-underrated as a scorer.

Not bad defensively either, fits perfectly here

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Downie is out for the year with a torn acl

Hornqvist would be nice if Nashville would deal him

Nashville is in desperate need of wingers who can score. Can't see them dealing one of the few they have, especially not for packages of picks and prospects.

Wouldn't hurt to inquire I guess.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
Never understood the hate for Hartnell, the Flyers maybe.
It's not like he's Cooke like some people act like.
Like Ribeiro, never want to see that p***y on the B's, once a hab always a hab fits him.
But Hartnell once here would be great.

Is it the hair? I don't get it, even on HBO the behind the scenes stuff shows him as a good guy.
He plays an honest game for the most part with a little edge, toughness and can score.
Would love to see him here.

He runs goalies a lot as well. Something annoying when he's on the other team... but if he were a Bruin I'd love it.

DocToboggan

Jan 31, 2013
MA
Nashville is in desperate need of wingers who can score. Can't see them dealing one of the few they have, especially not for packages of picks and prospects.

Wouldn't hurt to inquire I guess.

Yea and im pretty sure they have the cap space next year to resign him...they'd be smart to do so, unless they get an offer for him they cant refuse

This trade deadlines shaping up to be a very quiet one...morrow and iginla are probably the two biggest names going anywhere, depending on Toronto's level of seriousness with Luongo

GodTukka*

Why Toronto is even bothering with Lu is beyond me.

It just reads like this to me "Yeah Reimer's helped this team immensely, but we still don't have faith in him, so **** him"

If anything, upgrade your bipolar defense first

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
players will become available all I know is if I got a shot at some of these top four guys I am going all tank in April

I still think if Clowe is healthy- he is a bit better than a goal every 4 game guy the past; if he is healthy enough down the stretch he is a menacing hitter and could beat Lucic on any given day

I'm a fan of this guy- averages over 50 points a season and very good in the playoffs

He's a bit crazy but ummm....thats a bad thing

if the Bruins doctors think he is ok, bring him in- we might just like him for next year; he would be bowling for Penguins on April 19th and there aint nothing wrong with that

With Chara, Thornton, Clowe, Lucic, MacQuaid and others throwing their weight and fists around we might get to see Happy Feet NHL style

I'll take someone else like Jagr but if this guy was he usually is we wouldn't even get a sniff so it might be worth kicking hard (you know the Habs are in on this guy though, just seems like what they could use as well)

BRUINS since 1995

May 10, 2010
Au pays de la neige
players will become available all I know is if I got a shot at some of these top four guys I am going all tank in April

I still think if Clowe is healthy- he is a bit better than a goal every 4 game guy the past; if he is healthy enough down the stretch he is a menacing hitter and could beat Lucic on any given day

I'm a fan of this guy- averages over 50 points a season and very good in the playoffs

He's a bit crazy but ummm....thats a bad thing

if the Bruins doctors think he is ok, bring him in- we might just like him for next year; he would be bowling for Penguins on April 19th and there aint nothing wrong with that

With Chara, Thornton, Clowe, Lucic, MacQuaid and others throwing their weight and fists around we might get to see Happy Feet NHL style

I'll take someone else like Jagr but if this guy was he usually is we wouldn't even get a sniff so it might be worth kicking hard (you know the Habs are in on this guy though, just seems like what they could use as well)

----
Agree. That and a legit NHL D.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Hartnell is one of those players I hate but secretly wish he was on my team. He is a player I would be fine seeing on the Bruins.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
I'm sure it's been posted a thousand times, and I don't follow things nearly as much as many of you, but per Haggerty's column today, either Clowe & Boyle or "Any eventual deal for Whitney could be expanded to include Magnus Paajarvi or Ales Hemsky."

The Bruins as presently constituted are not as good as MTL, nor nearly as talented/deep as PITT.

Chicken Little doesn't live here. Neither does Pollyanna.

;-\

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Hartnell laid a pretty nasty cheapshot on Alberts when he was a Bruin a few seasons ago, about one month after Jones took Bergeron out on top of it. I know it left a bad taste in my mouth for a long while. That said, it's mostly gone these days, and I could cheer for him as a Bruin. Doubt it happens though.

That hit on Alby was one of the most dirty hits I have ever seen.

westernhome

Sep 21, 2011
never been a fan of Hartnell, I don't forgive easily and his image in my mind is a dirty player that keeps pulling crap and then runs and hides when Chara comes in mad... don't want him

we don't need players like him more anyways, we already have the officials on edge before we even get started and they love to throw our players in the box prematurely to "maintain control of the game" which effectively ruins so many games... we need a top powerplay guy or defense depth or we might as well stand pat really

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
That hit on Alby was one of the most dirty hits I have ever seen.

I disagree.

I think as Bruin's fans we were all a bit sensitive to that sort of thing after the Bergeron hit. I have seen far worse since. Hartnell plays on the edge, but I wouldn't characterize him as a "dirty" player like I would a Cooke or Torres.

I would take Hartnell on the B's in a heartbeat, but I still have yet to see any legit source say he was available. Sounds like a lot of wishful thinking?

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Not saying he's the answer, but he wouldn't cost much and he was a 20 goal guy here.

If he's not the answer, why bother?

Even if you feel he is a slight upgrade to Caron, but he's not really going to get it done, is it worth giving up anything for him? Not in my opinion. Get players who will make a difference in some way, physical, scorer, etc., but don't make a move just to say you did.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
If he's not the answer, why bother?

Even if you feel he is a slight upgrade to Caron, but he's not really going to get it done, is it worth giving up anything for him? Not in my opinion. Get players who will make a difference in some way, physical, scorer, etc., but don't make a move just to say you did.

depth

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad