"Plan B"

bostonphoenix

Jan 13, 2011
Don't think there can be a plan B here.

Pittsburgh has become hands down favorite to win the cup by a mile.

Bi Coastal Bawse*

I always wanted Clowe

Send em bartkowski and another forward NOT Koko

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
Sell'em all.

Pittsburgh's stacked this year.

Or actually... let's just sign legit goons and stop them all.

We owe them. For Savard. For Neely. The time has come.

Where's Chris Simon? Marty McSorley?

Who's with me?

bostonphoenix

Jan 13, 2011
What about Chicago?

Nah...

Pittsburgh has everyone beat.

They have two goalies who could start for a dozen teams in the playoffs. Though they are often incosistent.

As the guy above me says Booze is a good outlet. I suggest that. Definitely not suicide though.

Afam*

IM fuming too even type. This is Bad Gming at its finest 101. One thing you don't do is allow your rival too get better. This is like the Red Sox allowing the Yankees to get Alex Rodriquez, Josh Hamilton and not doing anything about it.

rainone99

Dec 21, 2010
Montreal
It would be a bad idea to think Clowe and St Louis is enough to beat the Pens. What this does is actually kill the market. No one will risk a prospect or a draft pick now. Everyone will be holding their ground and go with what they have. Pittsburgh has been the best team in the nhl and they now have added Morrow, Igilna and Murray.

Chia has to lay down the sword and say I surrender, do not make a bad move now.

Afam*

Damn i just screwed up didn't I

peter-chiarelli.jpg

Kelly23

Pedroia and Drew
Nov 4, 2010
Boston
DO NOT TRADE ANYONE its not our year PC needs to realize its not our time load up for next year or two years down the road have patience, Hope Soderberg is legit, Pitt still has a huge hole on Deffence and will not win the cup but there going deep, Chicago ANA or some other team will knock them off but Honestly this team the only thing that would have fixed them was that Iggy trade unless were getting Bobby Ryan its not worth it.

Afam*

It would be a bad idea to think Clowe and St Louis is enough to beat the Pens. What this does is actually kill the market. No one will risk a prospect or a draft pick now. Everyone will be holding their ground and go with what they have. Pittsburgh has been the best team in the nhl and they now have added Morrow, Igilna and Murray.

Chia has to lay down the sword and say I surrender, do not make a bad move now.

and so what do we do now. I'm die hard bruins fan, but they is no way we beat the pens with a healthy Sid, Malkin and Iginla plus letang. The pens will pretty much have to lay down and choke.

bostonphoenix

Jan 13, 2011
DO NOT TRADE ANYONE its not our year PC needs to realize its not our time load up for next year or two years down the road have patience, Hope Soderberg is legit, Pitt still has a huge hole on Deffence and will not win the cup but there going deep, Chicago ANA or some other team will knock them off but Honestly this team the only thing that would have fixed them was that Iggy trade unless were getting Bobby Ryan its not worth it.

I mean... this is a thought you have here.

BUT lets be realistic. he should do his job and try to make the team better. At this point I imagine the market has no idea what to do. Pittsburgh is so far ahead.

He should try to make the team better, now and for next year instead of cashing in for this run.

Also they should compete in the playoffs. Hopefully they don't meet the Penguins until the ECF and maybe anything happens.

Pittsburgh just won the cup though.

petipas1414

and so what do we do now. I'm die hard bruins fan, but they is no way we beat the pens with a healthy Sid, Malkin and Iginla plus letang. The pens will pretty much have to lay down and choke.

The plot will thicken if they do just that because there is no way that they keep Iginla next year, obviously. Problem is, they didn't give up much of anything to acquire him anyway :shakehead

rainone99

Dec 21, 2010
Montreal

We build for next year. The Management team has to look deep within the organization and ask themselves if The guys they have on the roster now can get them where they wanna be and go from there.

If Horton is not coming back, get something for him. If Ference is not coming back, get something for him. If the evaluation on Lucic is that 6 million dollars is better served elsewhere, then pull the trigger. Time for Neely and Chia look deep into the team.

unifiedtheory

Twitter: @ut_pez
Jun 18, 2007
Burnaby, B.C.
We still need the same things we have needed for a year and a half.

A big third line winger, a top 4 defenseman.

2011 does not buy you lifetime tenure Pete. Close a ****ing deal and fix this hockey club.

petipas1414

I mean... this is a thought you have here.

BUT lets be realistic. he should do his job and try to make the team better. At this point I imagine the market has no idea what to do. Pittsburgh is so far ahead.

He should try to make the team better, now and for next year instead of cashing in for this run.

Also they should compete in the playoffs. Hopefully they don't meet the Penguins until the ECF and maybe anything happens.

Pittsburgh just won the cup though.

So what can Chia realistically do? Clowe may be an upgrade over Pandolfo? But you can argue we might as well slot in Daugavins or MacDermid there too.

Perhaps they could go after Cammalleri on a sign and trade? I really don't see this as a realistic possibility but I'm just so sad right now it's ridiculous.

YNWABoston

Aug 3, 2005
Boston, MA
Embarrassing day.. when things are too good to be true they usually are.

There is nothing Chiarelli can do to gain the positive headlines of an Iginla trade, what a god damn nightmare.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad