GWT: PL Matchweek (mostly) 31

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Great defending. City really didn't have much of a big chance except the goal from the moment the red card happenned. Extremely disciplined, but ugly to watch. They have lost so many points unfairly that it's fine to see them win while parking the bus once in a while.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
7 games to go, Leeds is safe from relegation and has a very good chance of finishing exactly where I said they would : barely top half (they should be anywhere from 8th to 11th). All the while playing nice offensive football. They would be bottom 5 if they had parked the bus all season. :handclap:

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Yea under current rules it's just a standard hard professional foul. I'd still love to see those be red though when there's absolutely zero attempt at the ball.
I can see what your going for but i think its fine. You'd run into problems given the refs more responsibility having to give their opinion on what is and what isn't playing the ball. Today's clear cut but its not always the case.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
With Leeds end of season run-in, they'll likely lose ~3/4 out of their last seven. It's like 90% they finish out of the top half. And that's with four or five clubs this season that are just absolute trash and a few out-of-sync, injured, or both, "big 6" clubs. They picked the right season to get promoted.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
7 games to go, Leeds is safe from relegation and has a very good chance of finishing exactly where I said they would : barely top half (they should be anywhere from 8th to 11th). All the while playing nice offensive football. They would be bottom 5 if they had parked the bus all season. :handclap:

Bielsa might be the best manager they've had in 30 years or so. It's amazing what he's done because I was skeptical they'd do a whole lot better than bottom 1/3 of the league along with their other promoted counterparts. I was less worried about their ability to defend because I knew Bielsa would have them coached well in that regard. But I was left wondering how the hell they were going to come up with any kind of offense because I wasn't so sure how the likes of Dallas and Bamford would translate on their own while not really knowing if Citeh was gonna keep loaning Harrison. It's a good thing they got Raphinha too.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
With Leeds end of season run-in, they'll likely lose ~3/4 out of their last seven. It's like 90% they finish out of the top half. And that's with four or five clubs this season that are just absolute trash and a few out-of-sync, injured, or both, "big 6" clubs. They picked the right season to get promoted.

Dude you're not even kidding. I figured Leeds would be lucky to finish 16th because I wasn't imagining things to get that bad for some of those teams. Norwich and Watford's promotion back to the EPL is gonna make for a much stronger season at the bottom of the league and it's gonna make for better competition than Leeds faced this year.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Watching lfc trying to attack is hilarious right now. Not sure what they heck happened to that trio.

And now they get punished on the other end

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Terrible play by like four different Liverpool players, ending in Alisson whiffing.
Completely switched off at the end of the half. Just like the Fulham game.

don’t even need to watch the second half they are going to turtle now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad