Tottenham x Man Utd
Sheffield Utd x Arsenal

Monday 12 April

WBA x Southampton
Brighton x Everton

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Not looking forward to Monday's game v Everton. Probably the worst game of the year was the last fixture against them.

We made Iwobi look like his Uncle.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Zero problem with red there.

Anyone watching on BT, @Jussi never waste our time with any bullshit justifications from Peter Walton again. That last passage is exactly why he's a jackass. The ref gives a yellow for the challenge and they bring in Walton for "commentary", so with replays cycling through he agrees with the call and says it's a yellow. Then, AFTER Andre Marriner changes his mind, he says it's "harsh" but by the letter of the law it was a red. What a worthless weather vane this guy is.

All "referee experts" across all sports that they bring into discuss on-field decisions are stupid and deserve no air-time.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
When they're assessing for serious foul play, whether or not he got ball is irrelevant. It was high, studs up, and uncontrolled. Reckless challenge overall

I just don’t think it rises to the level of serious foul play as I think the action is a natural one and he didn’t put his weight behind it once he made contact.

That said, if the ref awarded a red straight away I don’t think there enough to reverse it.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Honestly what Sterling just did is as much serious foul play to me as the red from earlier. He went after a ball the keeper had first and stomped on his wrist.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Foul yes because the tackle "would" have been a foul had he touched Torres. But absolutely zero chance it's a yellow since he never touched him and it wasn't "dangerous" either.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Ironically, Leeds manages to win this match by the polar opposite method of playing. If they didn't go down to 10 and were forced to defend they would have lost. Credit to them for doing the defending, though.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $380.00