GWT: PL Matchweek (mostly) 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
I mean, they had most of what would normally play. But it’s still early season. I think Liverpool more in form and tactically sound play much better against Leeds. I think there’s something to playing them that early, especially when a lot of who Leeds played know the system and have been working on it for a while. Liverpool, sure, have most of the same players, but I think Klopp would be the first to admit that the crisp passing and communication takes a while to develop after a break. Biesla preys on that and linking into transition, so errant passes might not be there in a month or two. Leeds are going to jump on teams if they’re off their game.

I do think there’s one bit of thing I would take some onus with in what’s certainly far astray, is you can’t really say some of Leeds buys aren’t really worth much, when that’s really been the problem with Arsenal. Arsenal have spent plenty of money to be a top 2-3 side. They should have much more than they do. There are three or four players who would make the team sheet for Liverpool and Arsenal. That shouldn’t be the case when they’ve spent millions of pounds. The question for me is can Arteta coach up and improve guys who are there. They have talent, how much better are they going to be?

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
The conversation started with SEPH saying hopefully we sign Aouar. That's not talking about the past. And we have a new manager now, so buying two players (or three, if you really need to count Runarsson) isn't exactly spending big. Please, try to retain a shred of the truth.

Feel free to ask the Liverpool fans here if they felt Liverpool was at full strength against Leeds. All I ask is that when you're wrong, please do not move the goalposts.

Why? You seem to have no problem doing so.
My god you're embarrassing. YOU are the one moving the goalposts.
The argument was simple. After a defeat, SEPH fees like Aouar would have made a difference. Thus, Arsenal should spend. But Leeds showed you didn't have to to hurt Pool.
Instead the good old reflex of buying buying, buying, even though poast signing have not changed a thing.
You can't understand this?
Well, your problem, not mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad