GWT: PL Matchweek (mostly) 15 & 16

Venkman

Jun 28, 2007
England
Deflection went against United v Leicester, today it went for us. I'll take it. Wasn't great defending by Wolves.

United looked better when Pogba was further forward in the last 15/20 minutes. De Gea solid too.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
After many views. Yeah it was shitty defending from Ait-Nouri. He should never let Rashford cut to the center and had a shot from that area. He had support from the CB. You let him the space on the side but not the center.
Not true.
Every defenseman is supposed to close the side of the strong foot.
Rashford is right footed.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Yes, that is true. When in a tight angle like that, defensemen are taught to put the forward on the wrong foot and expect some defensive help from another defenseman.
In any academy.
The defenseman came to help a little late and could only deflect the ball into his own goal.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
One year without a goal for Adama Traore.
Is that a true stat?
I read that too shouldve used that for my trivia question lol. He’s trash anyway. Only reason he’s well know is because he’s built like a running back.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
I read that too shouldve used that for my trivia question lol. He’s trash anyway. Only reason he’s well know is because he’s built like a running back.

He has massive arms and is fast. That’s pretty much the extent of his skills.

He’s got an absolute concrete foot and seems incapable of playing a ball at anything other than as hard as he can hit it.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
He has massive arms and is fast. That’s pretty much the extent of his skills.

He’s got an absolute concrete foot and seems incapable of playing a ball at anything other than as hard as he can hit it.
He should probably be playing as a wingback since his best skills are to run wide and put a cross in, and few can do that better.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Can United win the league? They're close but they lack depth and reliable players. AWB, Pogba, Martial, Fred, Greenwood, De Gea are all first team regulars and perform differently every week. Ole is an elite manager so they can get a high points tally but Liverpool are better.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Can United win the league? They're close but they lack depth and reliable players. AWB, Pogba, Martial, Fred, Greenwood, De Gea are all first team regulars and perform differently every week. Ole is an elite manager so they can get a high points tally but Liverpool are better.

*can* they? Sure.

Is it likely? No, not at all. I'd likely need better than 5 to 1 odds to put any money on them at this point.

Ole also isn't an elite manager.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
Wan Bissaka is terrible. I thought he was very very good defensively and that he could adapt his offensive game over time. Neither are happening.

At this point teams are letting him have the ball. Just giving him the space and daring United to run their attack down the right. Because he’s so bad. He can’t cross. He can’t drive the box and pass. He is unbelievably awful with the ball

hopefully a mid table team overrated him and they can’t recoup some of his fee.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
*can* they? Sure.

Is it likely? No, not at all. I'd likely need better than 5 to 1 odds to put any money on them at this point.

Ole also isn't an elite manager.
I mean this is how Utd have won their leagues before. Win with a point total in the low 80s. Score lots of pens and late goals. Take care of business against the bottom teams, so their form against the top teams is irrelevant. Take care of business and watch the other teams mess up.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Wan Bissaka is terrible. I thought he was very very good defensively and that he could adapt his offensive game over time. Neither are happening.

At this point teams are letting him have the ball. Just giving him the space and daring United to run their attack down the right. Because he’s so bad. He can’t cross. He can’t drive the box and pass. He is unbelievably awful with the ball

Yeah never got the feeling there since I don't find him that good defensively either. He's decent, but nowhere near elite defensively and is awful going forward.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017

Shhh.. don't tell anybody. We have already figured it out.

Now how to stop Bruno and Pogba launching missile to Rashford/Martial is another story.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad