GWT: PL Matchweek (mostly) 15 & 16

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Darlow grabbed Mane's leg on of the saves he made, had he went down he might have gotten a penalty. Thought he could get the ball though. He was great though. Darlow that is.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
At least we're not losing. These points add up in seasons where nobody is running away with it.

I just worry about City going on one of their 15-in-a-row benders.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
A 0-0 draw with only 4 shots on goal? I’ve watched football like that before. Never you mind, though, Liverpool has the best attack and best manager, and any other team that wears red and has similar results must have a terrible manager and awful players.

YNWA.

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
At least we're not losing. These points add up in seasons where nobody is running away with it.

I just worry about City going on one of their 15-in-a-row benders.

Yeah. I feel like City is the only team that can actually go and win it even if Liverpool finds their groove again. The way Liverpool is performing is worrisome though, and I sure hope there is a CB lined up ready to join asap

Reactions: Machinehead

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
A 0-0 draw with only 4 shots on goal? I’ve watched football like that before. Never you mind, though, Liverpool has the best attack and best manager, and any other team that wears red and has similar results must have a terrible manager and awful players.

YNWA.
You can't just run your star players into the ground like this playing a high tempo gegenpress without proper rotation and expect them to perform at top level every game.

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
Darlow grabbed Mane's leg on of the saves he made, had he went down he might have gotten a penalty. Thought he could get the ball though. He was great though. Darlow that is.
I just saw the Darlot grab and agree. If Mane goes down VAR looks at that. VAR would look at a sneeze in the penalty area in stoppage time.

With that said, I wish I hadn’t seen it. I dislike the result enough - I don’t need to feel aggrieved on top of it.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC

YNWA.
Teams that win just about everything in the space of a calendar year (and are still top of the PL and topped their CL group BTW) get more leeway than teams under relegation threat. This isn't hard.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013

YNWA.
Liverpool does not have with best attack without Diogo Jota.

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
A by now classic Klopp move as well is to save your 3rd substitution for the 90th minute, so your top players - whose health is endangered by the league of course - get to max out their minutes.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
I just saw the Darlot grab and agree. If Mane goes down VAR looks at that. VAR would look at a sneeze in the penalty area in stoppage time.

With that said, I wish I hadn’t seen it. I dislike the result enough - I don’t need to feel aggrieved on top of it.
I saw it on the replay right after. For someone that dives all the time, that wasnt one of them when he easily could have won a penalty. Oh well, still top of the league. Onto the next one.

Reactions: Burner Account

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
A by now classic Klopp move as well is to save your 3rd substitution for the 90th minute, so your top players - whose health is endangered by the league of course - get to max out their minutes.
At least he used all 3 subs today. Progress.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA

YNWA.

The other team you're talking about just finished 43 points behind them

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
2 wins in a row and Arsenal is back enough apparently for their fans to start chirping. At least your last sentence is mostly correct.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Arsenal fans did not say we are good but why can’t we banter Liverpool? Come on now, no one said we are better than Liverpool right now but we obviously are allowed to chirp them and make jokes as any fan is. You don’t have to point out the league table, we know.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Arsenal fans did not say we are good but why can’t we banter Liverpool? Come on now, no one said we are better than Liverpool right now but we obviously are allowed to chirp them and make jokes as any fan is. You don’t have to point out the league table, we know.
Liverpool is terrible. Sack Klopp, bring in Pulis was just let go. Only need 7 points til safety. So 7 more draws like this will do.

Reactions: AB13

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Matip might have dodged a bullet. Klopp expecting him back in around 3 weeks.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
For all the todo about our center backs, we've been able to defend. Perhaps there's a subtle domino effect that hurts our offense, but that remains to be seen when Virgil comes back and we can make a comparison.

I think the main area where we miss Virgil is that there's nobody they have to respect on set pieces.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
It's not really banter tho.

This whole back and forth started because a Liverpool fan pointed out that their squad just isn't impressive. Is that not stating a fact?

It's not a personal attack to say that a struggling and retooling squad... isn't good.

In the late Rodgers and early Klopp years, our roster straight up wasn't good. It would have been a statement of fact to point that out, as many did.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
It's not really banter tho.

This whole back and forth started because a Liverpool fan pointed out that their squad just isn't impressive. Is that not stating a fact?

It's not a personal attack to say that a struggling and retooling squad... isn't good.

In the late Rodgers and early Klopp years, our roster straight up wasn't good. It would have been a statement of fact to point that out, as many did.

Yeah but I can’t see why Liverpool’s fans are being defensive and pointing out how much better than Arsenal they are because an Arsenal fan tried to chirp them. There is no point in that.

An Arsenal fan joked about Liverpool fans having hubris and your fans instantly became defensive and started pointing out how shit Arsenal have been recently for no reason. It was just banter. A struggling teams fans are allowed to banter a team doing well, of course they are.

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
Examples:

An Arsenal fan offers an opinion on a Liverpool player - Liverpool fan responds with, "Well that player is better than any player on your roster!"

GOATmez = troll warning
MIGHTY = every non Arsenal fan circle jerking it.

Reactions: AB13

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Yeah but I can’t see why Liverpool’s fans are being defensive and pointing out how much better than Arsenal they are because an Arsenal fan tried to chirp them. There is no point in that.
He's just trying to start an argument that isn't happening. Arsenal are 13th. They're bad. That's literally all that was said.

You know what? Sheffield United are bad too. I hope they don't chirp me the next time they win.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad