Man Utd x Wolverhampton

Wednesday 30 December

Tottenham x Fulham
Newcastle x Liverpool

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Get the games in while you still can. Before the UK gets shut down again.

Reactions: Rob

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Chelsea-Arsenal is always a spectacle. Hopefully one we will win.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I was just thinking the same thing. Hopefully the worst that will happen is that there will be no more fans.
Should be. I think the PL has proven that they can operate safely considering how successful their measures have been. The biggest issues have been with players while on international duty.

Reactions: Rob

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
The far bigger question is what happens to English clubs in the UCL.

Not during gameweeks 15 & 16 in the Premier League.

Kinda crazy that some teams are playing two games inside 48 hours, like these 6:

Crystal Palace x Leicester
Chelsea x Aston Villa
Everton x Man City

Last edited:

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Not during gameweeks 15 & 16 in the Premier League.

Kinda crazy that some teams are playing two games inside 48 hours, like these 6:

Crystal Palace x Leicester
Chelsea x Aston Villa
Everton x Man City
It is a scheduling quirk that happens every year and it is always dumb.

Luckily for Chelsea, they don’t have to travel.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
Two wins would be brilliant for United, but I’ll still be happy with 3 or more points and wouldn’t be too upset with 2.

Gotta beat Wolves. They’re playing Spurs Sunday in the later game so United will have a full day extra of rest, with the home game.

we haven’t faired well against Wolves under Ole. Every game is a 1 goal game but he’s 1 win, 2 draws, 2 losses from 5. Have to win those games

VEGASKING

Dec 23, 2002
Sin City
www.facebook.com
City today in the league cup and Chelsea should be two more losses in a row then you've got a run of games you've got to start winning. Brighton, West Brom, Newcastle (FA cup), Palace and Newcastle again. If Arteta is out they really needed to do it already to give the new manager a chance.

Mount Suribachi

Nov 15, 2013
England
It is a scheduling quirk that happens every year and it is always dumb.

It is a long standing scheduling quirk that is done for a reason - teams get their biggest crowds over Christmas. Many people will only go to one game a season, and that's the home game on Boxing Day/New Years Day, it's a great excuse for the men to get out of the house/away from family gatherings. They will often schedule teams that are relatively close to each other so away fans don't have far to travel, and it adds a bit of spice without making them full blown local derbies and they're usually a great atmosphere with even the afternoon kickoffs being played under lights as its dark by 4pm at this time of year.

Now gate receipts are less and less important to the EPL clubs as TV money dwarfs it, but for clubs in the Championship on down, those home games with the extra cash are a big deal. COVID empty stadiums notwithstanding.

Reactions: East Coast Bias

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Two wins would be brilliant for United, but I’ll still be happy with 3 or more points and wouldn’t be too upset with 2.
I’d be very happy with 4 points and I think as long as the wheels don’t fall off and no one goes on some crazy win streak, I think that would pretty much solidify top 4.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad