GWT: PL Matchweek (mostly 12)

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
It would be very strange for Blanc to take Arsenal job he can pick basically any job he wants, he has been patient, and he wants to go to a team in complete disarray? I mean maybe he would, but if you can pick any job you want, why this one?

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
He came to PSG because Mourinho didn't want him. And Mou ended up playing him at DM.

And please stop with trying to make some things up. Luiz once was mad at being subed. He had a talk with Blanc the next day and things got fixed. That happens everywhere.
When asked about Blanc, David Luiz said he was a great coach and a great person.
And frankly, Blanc made him the best CB he ever was.

Antonio Conte would like to have a word

Reactions: Blender

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Depends what kind of challenge Blanc would like. Arsenal is still one of the richest clubs in the world. It would take time to get rid of all those old players on high wages, but as soon as that is done a new manager would have a fantastic opportunity to build a new team.

And if you take over Arsenal now I am certain that manager will be given time. More time than you would get at any other big club - as long as you show some sign of progression.

Why wouldn't you want that job - unless you want to compete right away? Pochettino anyone? :laugh:

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
It would be very strange for Blanc to take Arsenal job he can pick basically any job he wants, he has been patient, and he wants to go to a team in complete disarray? I mean maybe he would, but if you can pick any job you want, why this one?
He has been considered everywhere but signed nowhere. I don't think he's too picky at this point.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
He has been considered everywhere but signed nowhere. I don't think he's too picky at this point.
Maybe? I have interpreted it as he is waiting for the perfect situation but you know better than me. Blanc certainly doesn’t need the money so he can afford to wait as long as he wants. If he has the itch, then he has the itch, but I would not touch the Arsenal job right now.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
At first he didn't get a top 10 job. And rejected some good teams, but CL contenders.
Then the offers dried. And he tried hard to get the Lyon job and failed. That tells you he's not considered a CL contender coach (right or wrong).

To me, Arsenal is the perfect opportunity. He'll turn them around, mark my words. And with THIS roster.

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
To me, Arsenal is the perfect opportunity. He'll turn them around, mark my words. And with THIS roster.

I'd rather not with this roster. Try to survive this season and next season they can do a clearout. A lot of contracts expire next year so that will be the time for a fresh start. With or without Arteta.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014

I mean, it's an opportunity to pull a Klopp and restore a floundering team to glory. Obviously I can understand why one would be apprehensive of a poisoned chalice, but the appeal seems fairly evident

Reactions: Havre

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I absolutely don't see Blanc turning it down.
But I also don't see Arsenal proposing him the job.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
But I'm guessing he's not a smart enough hire for Arsenal.
Yup, it's time to give him a chance which I mentioned like years ago when we fired Emery. Problem is our owners and front office probably have no idea that he exists. Edu will probably get some Brasilian bloke when Arteta is finally gone, but Edu just came out on Monday said that Arteta is doing a fantastic job so yeah...I am not sure if he had to say it in amidst of Arsenal going through Dante's levels of hell or if he was actually being serious.

I mean Blanc has been the clear choice since Wenger was in his final stretch. Twice now I haven't understood why he wasn't brought in, to the extent that I'm now sceptical they would even consider it, although I have no clue as to why not.
I mean I get the Emery hiring because he had connections to Raul who was in charge of everything at the time, a Spaniard hiring a Spaniard just makes too much sense. However, as mentioned before Arteta supposedly interviewed quite well and was second to the job and if I remember correctly the other two were Nagelsmann and Allegri in the top five. I believe Allegri turned the job down or there was a big problem with communication due to Massmilliano's lack of English. I really do not want defensive coaches anymore, just try to win games 5-4 instead. We ain't keeping cleaning sheets from our bunker cross style either so whocares. But that's the bloke I see us hiring if they have to fire Arteta (Allegri).

Blanc has been who I’ve wanted at United since Jose was fired, so I really hope Arsenal doesn’t go for him.
Don't worry, you think an organisation that had Emery first and Arteta second is actually going to hire to Blanc?

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
What has happened to Ruben Neves? Used to be great, but he has been bloody awful this season. Absolutely shocking performances again and again. Always takes too long before releasing the ball, disrupts the rhythm of play in midfield.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
What has happened to Ruben Neves? Used to be great, but he has been bloody awful this season. Absolutely shocking performances again and again. Always takes too long before releasing the ball, disrupts the rhythm of play in midfield.
I don't think he was ever that great to be honest. He had some really nice highlight reel moments, but consistently he never performed at a level that warranted the hype. The talent was/is certainly there, but it's always been more hype than substance IMO.

Reactions: AB13

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I don't think he was ever that great to be honest. He had some really nice highlight reel moments, but consistently he never performed at a level that warranted the hype. The talent was/is certainly there, but it's always been more hype than substance IMO.
Every time I watched Wolves I was always more impressed by Joao Moutinho. Neves does the low percentage flashy stuff that looks better on tv though.

Reactions: AB13

AB13

Apr 29, 2019

He is basically their Granit Xhaka, it looks like. In a more protected role.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Neves is that type of player who looks great in the Championship that turns out to be an average EPL player. There's nothing wrong with that, it's not like he's entirely useless. Moutinho was always Cazorla 2.0, one of those wonderfully underrated high IQ players, he was even better at Monaco when they had their glory squad.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad