GWT: PL Matchweek (mostly 12)

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Who picks the players that constantly underperform? No reason to play Holding over Saliba, Bellerin over Maitland-Niles, Willian over Nelson ( or Pepe when not suspended), Xhaka and Elneny over Ceballos/Ainsley/Willock, Lacazette as a 10 over ESR/Özil. Literally half the team should not be starting.
To be fair, Holding has actually looked pretty decent. I would rather start Saliba because I think he can be the elite of the elite, but Holding has looked good this year and in the past.

Reactions: robertmac43

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
To be fair, Holding has actually looked pretty decent. I would rather start Saliba because I think he can be the elite of the elite, but Holding has looked good this year and in the past.

I don’t agree. I think Holding has been rather poor this season. Was good during the first few games, since then he has been exposed a lot of times. Was hugely at fault against Villa for instance.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
A little late to the party but I think that Liverpool can count themselves fortunate to get out of that with a point. The penalty in favour was questionable at best, and the Fabinho play should have definitely been a penalty.

Oh well, it happens. Fulham played really well and Liverpool were not at their best. They earned the point, but they probably deserved 3.

Reactions: robertmac43

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
ps199gxpu0561.jpg

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Who picks the players that constantly underperform? No reason to play Holding over Saliba, Bellerin over Maitland-Niles, Willian over Nelson ( or Pepe when not suspended), Xhaka and Elneny over Ceballos/Ainsley/Willock, Lacazette as a 10 over ESR/Özil. Literally half the team should not be starting.
Oh absolutely, I already told you mate that I am done with Arteta after his failure of not subbing off Belllerin a week ago against Spurs (it sucks because I really wanted him to succeed). He is responsible for the line up as well which we all agree is filled with rubbish compared to the Europa squad. However, I still say that we didn’t lose because of him or his tactics today, we lost because the players were not good enough (and some of that is his responsibility).

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
According to José's post-match interview, he thought the team looked too satisfied with the one-goal lead and tried talking some sense into them at half time. Doesn't seem like he was happy at all with all the possession Palace got in the game.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
AFTV is incredibly toxic. I know they need to make a living but my god.
I think Robbie is a good mate and I still watch AFTV, but I think it has went beyond his control. He doesn’t say it, but I am pretty sure they get more views from losses than wins...but that’s due to rival fans like you lot joining the fray. There were pro-Wengers that had their right for a voice and did just that like Ty and Chris to name a few.

As I mentioned before, I do agree that the Wenger hate got overboard when we look back on hindsight. However, I also find it hilarious that the same people criticising the club nowadays and players are directly responsible from the Wenger/Ivan era. I am not necessarily talking about the Gooners on this board, but just the overall feel of all Gooners globally. Xhaka today...a Wenger buy. Bellerin last week...a Wenger buy. Holding...a Wenger buy. Klasinac...a Wenger buy. Lacazette...a Wenger buy. Mustafi isn’t even good enough to start today...a Wenger buy. He just had to go like many others in different sport, you just lose your ability to view talent over time...happens to the very best of us.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
The next issue is who would you replace him with?
I’ve said I would offer Nuno the job. I’m not sure who else is available. I guess Rodgers would think about it, but I don’t know if he’s who I would appoint. There’s a few prospects in Germany, but would they be interested? Maybe. If the money and time is right. I think you’re rolling the dice.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
A little late to the party but I think that Liverpool can count themselves fortunate to get out of that with a point. The penalty in favour was questionable at best, and the Fabinho play should have definitely been a penalty.

Oh well, it happens. Fulham played really well and Liverpool were not at their best. They earned the point, but they probably deserved 3.
It was hilarious to hear Tim Howard and this new bloke actually say that wasn’t a penalty on Fabinho....not sure what electron microscope they were using because he most definitely hit Lookman’s foot before touching the ball.

It isn’t as bad the Manchester derby though, I am ashamed to be a fan of a sport that two toes colliding could’ve actually been considered a penalty (before VAR considered it offsides).

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Julian Nagelsmann, Massimiliano Allegri, Ralph Hassenhuttl, Marcelo Bielsa, Marco Rose, Mauricio Pochettino, Gian Piero Gasperini, Carlo Ancelotti are all good long term solutions.

To be honest I would like Wenger to come in as interim now. But any manager who counterpressed, played fast paced attacking football with players in between the lines and coached a fluid offense would do just fine.

Epictetus

YNWA
Jan 2, 2010
Ontario
I’ve said I would offer Nuno the job. I’m not sure who else is available. I guess Rodgers would think about it, but I don’t know if he’s who I would appoint. There’s a few prospects in Germany, but would they be interested? Maybe. If the money and time is right. I think you’re rolling the dice.

I really hate the idea of a team poaching another team's manager during the season.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Julian Nagelsmann, Massimiliano Allegri, Ralph Hassenhuttl, Marcelo Bielsa, Marco Rose, Mauricio Pochettino, Gian Piero Gasperini, Carlo Ancelotti are all good long term solutions.

To be honest I would like Wenger to come in as interim now. But any manager who counterpressed, played fast paced attacking football with players in between the lines and coached a fluid offense would do just fine.
The problem though is that 99% of those won’t leave their club to join the Titanic mate. Why the f*** would Nagelsmann, Rose, or Hassenhuttl leave their current situation for us?

Reactions: Cloned and Blender

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
Most of those are unrealistic.

I'd love to see certain Arsenal players try playing for Bielsa :laugh:

Is Blanc even looking for a job?

Mentioning Hassenhüttl right now is absolutely hilarious too.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
The problem though is that 99% of those won’t leave their club to join the Titanic mate. Why the f*** would Nagelsmann, Rose, or Hassenhuttl leave their current situation for us?

All of them would. Big club pull. All of them would join United as well.

SSF

Oct 5, 2017
Ancelotti could have been yours last year, I doubt he is leaving Everton for you now.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
All of them would. Big club pull. All of them would join United as well.

Probably none of them would. I don't think you understand that managers leaving for another job mid-contract is actually rather uncommon.

To even mention Hasenhüttl right now, when he is in 4th place in the same league, is absolutely deranged.

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
If Arsenal sacks Arteta, why would any manager be convinced that they’ll be given time after Emery and Arteta were given 30 months combined? It will take one manager longer than that to rebuild Arsenal.

Reactions: Blender

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad