GWT: PL Matchweek (mostly) 11

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
Regarding Kane's tunneling fouls, I agree that they are pretty nasty and that he should cut that out. Hopefully the league cracks down on it, although I still think it will be hard for the referee to judge whether it is tunneling or not in a lot of cases.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I feel really bad for @robertmac43 today - if Brighton win then they pass Arsenal, who'll end the weekend in 16th. Can't imagine how torn apart he'll be feeling watching the game.
It's funny how perspectives work:

Brighton being in 16th has me nervous for the season long relegation fight. I'm already looking back at games like WBA and Man U, regretting dropped points. But there is hope and I think they are going to continue to trend upwards.

Arsenal being in 15th is shocking. However I have conditioned myself to be an optimist (stupidly so) in regards to the Gunners. So I look at them and think, 'it's been bad, but our schedule has been tough and if we string together some wins maybe top 6 is obtainable....'

So I hope Brighton win for their relegation battle hopes.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
It's funny how perspectives work:

Brighton being in 16th has me nervous for the season long relegation fight. I'm already looking back at games like WBA and Man U, regretting dropped points. But there is hope and I think they are going to continue to trend upwards.

Arsenal being in 15th is shocking. However I have conditioned myself to be an optimist (stupidly so) in regards to the Gunners. So I look at them and think, 'it's been bad, but our schedule has been tough and if we string together some wins maybe top 6 is obtainable....'

So I hope Brighton win for their relegation battle hopes.

Brighton has really good underlying numbers. A couple bad bounces has them at 10 points but they could easily sit at 16. They’re a well coached team. I don’t anticipate them fighting in the relegation battle.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Brighton has really good underlying numbers. A couple bad bounces has them at 10 points but they could easily sit at 16. They’re a well coached team. I don’t anticipate them fighting in the relegation battle.
I don't think the battle will be as intense as it has been the past couple seasons, however, as of right now I have no reason to believe they will be out of the battle.

Underlying numbers were good last year too and we were very much in the relegation fight come the covid restart. Both of the last 3 years the goals have dried up come the half way point of the season and the team has had to scrape their way to the finish line. Happened under CH and Potter both. If they can be more consistent down the stretch we will be fine, just a big 'if' at this point.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Ward-Prowse defending in his own box

9FBBE1A4-1407-4111-AC3F-BA6BF3BFB55E.gif

Reactions: cgf and Blender

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Half time show loves Lamptey like always. Criticizing the BHA players for not getting more chances on target when some perfect crosses/passes were put in.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Love how Walker-Peters have developed. Looks so much more confident. Think he has a bright bright future.

Two very well balanced teams this.

Another silly silly penalty.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
VAR being VAR. Looks like the correct decision to me, but to say it is clear and obvious would be rather odd.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad