GWT: PL Matchweek Catch-Up into (mostly) MW18 & MW19

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Relegation form, havent won in a month against a few teams they should be beating.
It is pathetic!

And I am tired of the excuses. They should have invested money on Jan 1st on a new CB. Put back Fabinho in midfield and stop the stupid crossing strategies. They need poeple running with the ball inside the box.

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
I don't know how much stock to put into this season. It's so weird in so many ways.

It feels like finishing outside the top four is possible and that would be bad.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I said it before: you could go back to most of the 2020 calendar year; they didn't have the same spark.

They had a string of losses wrapped around scraping by Bournemouth right before covid and after covid was certainly a mixed bag.

It's just stale, and this exact squad, with this exact tactic has run its course. Jota added a desperately needed refresher and the team looked normal again when he was going.

I would have liked them to mix things up in the transfer window but I think they're punting on this season knowing they'll get Jota and Virgil back long-term.

As far as Thiago goes, he's not really a Liverpool player per se, insofar as our style the last two years. In a way, that's a good thing, because we need to refresh, but that's going to take a bit of time.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
By the way, Burnley getting that penalty kick now means West Ham is the only team in the league not to earn a penalty this season.

Reactions: Rob

Rob

Feb 27, 2002
New Brunswick
Visit site
Intresting article on why Liverpool physically might be declining, towards the end of a cycle where they have used caffiene in very heavy doses. A lot of this seems way too conspiracy theory-ish though.
Why Liverpool won't win the Premier League this season

Interesting read. I just doubt the author has any real evidence that the players are taking less caffeine than last season.

Reactions: AB13

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Interesting read. I just doubt the author has any real evidence that the players are taking less caffeine than last season.

Date indicates it was written before the season started (September 3rd)

interesting paragraph:
Liverpool cannot win this season because physically, scientifically and morally they cannot. They cannot overdose again on caffeine because of the side-effects. They cannot keep up the pace with other substances and painkillers because the amounts needed to win the league would cause a slew of injuries. And as much as the American owners would like to win the title once again, players are valuable assets to them and they don’t need Mo, Roberto and company to break down and lose their resale value.

Reactions: Rob

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad