Wolves (MW19) - West Brom (MW18)
Leeds (MW18) - Brighton (MW19)
West Ham (MW18) - Burnley (MW17)
**Aston Villa (MW17) - Everton (MW18)**MOVED
Fulham (MW17) - Chelsea (MW18)
Leicester (MW18) - Southampton (MW18)

Sunday 17 January

**Aston Villa (MW16) - Everton (MW18)**PPD after being MOVED
Sheffield United (MW19) - Tottenham (MW18)
Liverpool (MW18) - Man Utd (MW18)
Man City (MW17) - Crystal Palace (MW19)

Monday 18 January

Arsenal (MW19) - Newcastle (MW18)

Tuesday 19 January

West Ham (MW19) - West Brom (MW19)
Leicester (MW19) - Chelsea (MW19)

Wednesday 20 January

**Leeds (MW19) - Southampton (MW19)**PPD
Fulham (MW18) - Man Utd (MW19)
Man City (MW18) - Aston Villa (MW17)

Thursday 21 January

Liverpool (MW19) - Burnley (MW18)

ADDING
Saturday 23 January
Aston Villa (MW18) - Newcastle (MW19)

Last edited:

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
So Spurs are playing Villa, Fulham or no-one :laugh:

Obviously I expect players and staff to just deal with it, but I'm not sure why this is so difficult? In my opinion it should have been possible over the last 9-10 months to establish fairly decent procedures outlining how you go about things when there is positive tests around. X no. of players/staff with positive tests, X no. of follow up tests within X no. of days, X no. of days before a game etc. That would never work perfectly, but at least you would know how to prepare yourself etc.

For all I care postpone the whole round if a team has already gotten more then X no. of games postponed. This is already getting to become a bit of a mess and if it goes further it will influence who gets relegated, qualifies for Europe and wins the league. Villa could easily be 4 games behind in a few days. If they are unlucky and end up playing other teams with positive tests over the next couple of weeks you could see them being 5-6 games behind (or another team of course - it will most likely be some team). I get that the Euro 2021 is restricting what can be done, but I fear this will quite quickly become ridiculous and a moan-fest among Klopp, Mourinho etc. Imagine a title contender having to play Villa on a Thursday after they have played a CL QF or something on Tuesday. All good fun.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011

Everton may get to face a depleted Villa this weekend, but Spurs won't get that chance

The rest of the season will be a "crap shot" like that then. With no transparency as to why certain games are postponed and others are not.

Not that I mind solutions like this in principle. If one game is postponed and you can catch up an earlier postponed game that is perfect.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Short notice and if they had known before their FA Cup game, they might have played that game differently. Tottenham come out like bandits because they essentially got an extra home game too against a blindsided Fulham team. I think Fulham had to go into Extra Time during FA Cup too. Tottenham was going to play anyway.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Short notice and if they had known before their FA Cup game, they might have played that game differently. Tottenham come out like bandits because they essentially got an extra home game too against a blindsided Fulham team. I think Fulham had to go into Extra Time during FA Cup too. Tottenham was going to play anyway.

I agree the notice is ridiculous - especially since there seemingly was no "pre-warning".

It doesn't seem so far that Fulham-fans are thinking this is "crazy" though. Most are not happy of course - I fully sympathize.

Spurs games possibly moving to Wednesday night

This poster seems to sum up my views on it fairly well:

"The decision is probably the right one looking at Tottenham’s fixtures and considering that we asked to move the game (as in it was our fault) Also I’d rather have the game out of the way than planned in towards the end of the season right before a 6 pointer!

What baffles is how late the decisions were made - the call off came on the day of the game. And this decision should/could have been made before the weekend - poor poor planning for an organisation where so much money is involved."

I fear we will see much worse decisions than this one if we can't get clear guidelines in place rather quickly.

As for this specific game. Will be interesting to see if Spurs can cope with the extra pressure of a game I'm sure they now feel they have to win. Unless you see a Fulham team that is completely gassed after 55mins I don't think this is a given win for Spurs. I would have preferred playing them under "normal circumstances". But that could be wrong if they completely run out of steam and Spurs score two late goals. Then Spurs did get lucky.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I agree the notice is ridiculous - especially since there seemingly was no "pre-warning".

It doesn't seem so far that Fulham-fans are thinking this is "crazy" though. Most are not happy of course - I fully sympathize.

Spurs games possibly moving to Wednesday night

This poster seems to sum up my views on it fairly well:

"The decision is probably the right one looking at Tottenham’s fixtures and considering that we asked to move the game (as in it was our fault) Also I’d rather have the game out of the way than planned in towards the end of the season right before a 6 pointer!

What baffles is how late the decisions were made - the call off came on the day of the game. And this decision should/could have been made before the weekend - poor poor planning for an organisation where so much money is involved."

I fear we will see much worse decisions than this one if we can't get clear guidelines in place rather quickly.

As for this specific game. Will be interesting to see if Spurs can cope with the extra pressure of a game I'm sure they now feel they have to win. Unless you see a Fulham team that is completely gassed after 55mins I don't think this is a given win for Spurs. I would have preferred playing them under "normal circumstances". But that could be wrong if they completely run out of steam and Spurs score two late goals. Then Spurs did get lucky.
Tottenham was playing on that day anyway, they prepared. And now they don’t have to go on the road. It’s extremely beneficially to Tottenham.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Tottenham was playing on that day anyway, they prepared. And now they don’t have to go on the road. It’s extremely beneficially to Tottenham.

It's not D-Day. It is a football game (even if D-Day also had it's timing issues).

Beneficial yes, in theory at least - but I would remove "extremely".

As for not having to go on the road - the Villa game doesn't disappear. With Spurs being involved in 3 cup competitions it would have been "extremely" problematic for Spurs not getting to play on Wednesday.

But I don't want to discuss this further based on this specific Spurs-game. Obviously I am coloured by being a Spursfan - even if I would try to look objectively at this. I am more interested in how we can avoid these kind of situations going forward.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
It's not D-Day. It is a football game (even if D-Day also had it's timing issues).

Beneficial yes, in theory at least - but I would remove "extremely".

As for not having to go on the road - the Villa game doesn't disappear. With Spurs being involved in 3 cup competitions it would have been "extremely" problematic for Spurs not getting to play on Wednesday.

But I don't want to discuss this further based on this specific Spurs-game. Obviously I am coloured by being a Spursfan - even if I would try to look objectively at this. I am more interested in how we can avoid these kind of situations going forward.
I mean you can just admit that Tottenham is getting a huge break here. It’s okay.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
My problem isn't the reshuffling of matches because in a covid world every sport will have problems with this. The main problem is if this was Man United or Liverpool...I think they would've postponed it instead. But because it's Fulham FC, FA doesn't give a damn.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
My problem isn't the reshuffling of matches because in a covid world every sport will have problems with this. The main problem is if this was Man United or Liverpool...I think they would've postponed it instead. But because it's Fulham FC, FA doesn't give a damn.
I mean United didn't get much help with getting our game against Burnley rescheduled. I mean everyone is gonna get screwed over with changing game days.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I mean United didn't get much help with getting our game against Burnley rescheduled. I mean everyone is gonna get screwed over with changing game days.
I see it similar to the NFL and how they justifiably changed the Ravens/Steelers game, but didn't when Broncos had like three of the QBs out. Presence of the club matters and I suggest United, Liverpool, or "insert aura based club here" will get benefit of the doubt instead of ones like Fulham, Norwich, or Brighton.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I see it similar to the NFL and how they justifiably changed the Ravens/Steelers game, but didn't when Broncos had like three of the QBs out. Presence of the club matters and I suggest United, Liverpool, or "insert aura based club here" will get benefit of the doubt instead of ones like Fulham, Norwich, or Brighton.
Yet the rescheduling of the Burnley game goes against that notion. That puts us at 5 games in 14 days assuming that the Liverpool games does get played on the 22nd.

Which isn't a big deal to me because every team is going to have issues like this for this year.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Yet the rescheduling of the Burnley game goes against that notion. That puts us at 5 games in 14 days assuming that the Liverpool games does get played on the 22nd.

Which isn't a big deal to me because every team is going to have issues like this for this year.

Where else do you put it though? The rest of the season midweeks are either Europa league slots or potential FA cup matches.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Where else do you put it though? The rest of the season midweeks are either Europa league slots or potential FA cup matches.
I'm not complaining about it. I'm just pointing it out. Like I said a lot of teams are going to have this issue this season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad