GWT: PL Matchweek Catch-Up into (mostly) MW18 & MW19

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
You can only go back if it's a red card offense. Which means either Shaw should be off or we should've gotten the free kick off the counter.
Yeah, I was confused about that, but I don't think it's wrong. You can go back on a goal if there's a foul earlier. That's essentially what you're checking if you're looking at DOGSO

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Is Kevin Friend the one that Nuno told he hopes he never sees again because he’s an awful ref? If so I agree.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Because the challenge was deemed to be a straight red (I assume), you can look back for fouls in the buildup.

The thing I didn't think you could do is award a yellow for a foul in the buildup.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Because the challenge was deemed to be a straight red (I assume), you can look back for fouls in the buildup.

The thing I didn't think you could do is award a yellow for a foul in the buildup.
You cannot. They are just making shit up. That should be a yellow on Wood now for kicking the ball after the whistle. Twice.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Is Kevin Friend the one that Nuno told he hopes he never sees again because he’s an awful ref? If so I agree.

Even if he got it "right" on VAR, the fact that he thought the tackle was only a yellow live is hilariously awful. If it's a foul, it's a clear as day dogso red so either you think he got the ball or you think it's a red. A yellow is completely indefensible.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
What is the call?
The one they are discussing involved discussing Shaw. Shaw had a rough tackle (potential red card worthy), then United counters and Cavani is fouled. They go to VAR and Shaw gets a yellow for his tackle. It took about 6 minutes too.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Yeah then I have no idea.
It’s just a god damn clown show from this asshole. There should have been nothing on Shaw. He got the ball. It wasn’t a red card EVER. You can check if it was on the monitor, but if it’s not a red then it’s nothing. You can’t change that. The one of Cavani should have been a clear red. The Maguire goal should not have been ruled out unless we are now penalizing players for someone backing up into them and them being stronger. United should be up 1-0 and up a man.

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
The one they are discussing involved discussing Shaw. Shaw had a rough tackle (potential red card worthy), then United counters and Cavani is fouled. They go to VAR and Shaw gets a yellow for his tackle. It took about 6 minutes too.
Potential red card worthy? What?

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
I don't really care how they got there, for me, that's a foul on Shaw. Okay he got a bit of the ball, but he went shin high with his studs on the follow through.

That's a foul 10 times out of 10.

The Maguire goal should have stood, though.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
It’s just a god damn clown show from this asshole. There should have been nothing on Shaw. He got the ball. It wasn’t a red card EVER. You can check if it was on the monitor, but if it’s not a red then it’s nothing. You can’t change that. The one of Cavani should have been a clear red. The Maguire goal should not have been ruled out unless we are now penalizing players for someone backing up into them and them being stronger. United should be up 1-0 and up a man.
I mean, it was a clear foul. It wasn't a red ever, but it's definitely a foul. Getting the ball doesn't absolve you. And the one on Cavani should be a red, but in looking at a red, VAR is allowed to look to see if there's a foul in the buildup. And there was. It shouldn't have been a yellow.

We're going to disagree on Maguire, but I think you can't push someone in the back and expect not to get called. He clearly extends his left arm

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad