GWT: PL Matchweek 9

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
EDIT Salah is out. Origi is starting and no forwards on the bench.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Oh look De Gea starting. Man, Liverpool supporters are so suspicious!
It’s because OGS thinks he’s Ferguson. The questionable injury stuff, taking shots at Liverpool in the press conference right before the game...thankfully he’s far from what he’s trying to be.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Oh look, Pogba is out. So United supporters were right as well! HAHA! GLOMGOLD!
Please. Certain people spent all week Talking about how OGS wasn’t smart enough to fabricate the injury report. It’s okay. Be happy your guy is playing.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
I think most assumed Pogba would be out, that De Gea was the question. Either way, the point about OGS being cagey and playing games with the lineup still stands.

Counter, you could suggest Klopp allowed the Salah news to play out to his advantage.

it’s part of the game, but don’t get all upset when Liverpool supporters correctly said his comments were full of crap.

Reactions: Savant

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I think most assumed Pogba would be out, that De Gea was the question. Either way, the point about OGS being cagey and playing games with the lineup still stands.

Counter, you could suggest Klopp allowed the Salah news to play out to his advantage.

it’s part of the game, but don’t get all upset when Liverpool supporters correctly said his comments were full of crap.
Klopp also never said if Salah was playing or not. We knew he wasn’t training with the team, but was working on his own. People (including me) assumed he was playing but it is what it is.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
Klopp also never said if Salah was playing or not. We knew he wasn’t training with the team, but was working on his own. People (including me) assumed he was playing but it is what it is.
Correct. He allowed the news to go like it went to his advantage. He’s clearly smart enough to know how it went.

honestly, Salah having a rest isn’t the worst thing for him when you consider the fixture congestion that will become an issue soon.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Correct. He allowed the news to go like it went to his advantage. He’s clearly smart enough to know how it went.

honestly, Salah having a rest isn’t the worst thing for him when you consider the fixture congestion that will become an issue soon.
If they win it’s a good thing. If they don’t, not so much. If he couldn’t go, he couldn’t go. Liverpool need to show show urgency this fixture. They didn’t last year.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Yea, a back 5 with Ashley young in a wing is really bad. Young gonna do his usual “guard 20 yards of open” field repeatedly and let people run into Lindelof on that side over and over again.

Also a Fred/McTominay midfield is gonna get bossed hard.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Anything can happen at Old Trafford. Klopp still hasn’t won there. Hopefully today is the day

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
I’m always worried about this matchup. Plenty of times Liverpool should win but don’t. Today is a day they should win.

You never know in this fixture. If United players can’t get up for this match, Ole really is getting fired.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Anything can happen at Old Trafford. Klopp still hasn’t won there. Hopefully today is the day

Klopp has never had a team where he’s this much better than United either.

I guess last year, but United were also just bunkering that game and it was thrown off by a ton of injuries (both before and during)

As a United fan, I’d consider a point here a massive achievement and all 3 points seems laughable.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
I don’t think there’s a single position where it’d take a United player over a Liverpool player in the starting XI today.

de Gea/Allison is a push.

Maybe Rashford out wide instead of Origi, and Maguire instead of Matip, but given form and system those are questionable at best.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Please. Certain people spent all week Talking about how OGS wasn’t smart enough to fabricate the injury report. It’s okay. Be happy your guy is playing.

Since this was apparently De Gea's decision, I'm not very happy he is actually, especially if he re-injures himself.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Yea, a back 5 with Ashley young in a wing is really bad. Young gonna do his usual “guard 20 yards of open” field repeatedly and let people run into Lindelof on that side over and over again.

Also a Fred/McTominay midfield is gonna get bossed hard.

The fact that Rojo is starting because Tuanzebe was injured during the warm ups, is just so fitting.

Solskjaer in programme notes: 'We are working hard to make our players much more robust.' Tuanzebe is the 12th #mufc player to have got injured this season.

Physioroom title race is pretty much over.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad