GWT: PL Matchweek 8

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Spurs are just...WTF.

I never expected them to struggle this much.

BergyTime37

Jun 17, 2015
A couple of years ago I really thought it was a matter of time for Spurs to win a league title. Now they're getting worked by Brighton. Feel free to fire Poch so he can come save Everton :sarcasm:.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Brighton playing a possession game against Spurs is honestly hilarious.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
LOL

IKFhYgw.png

Reactions: AB13

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
And I was called deluded for saying Sp*rs don't have a chance to challenge for a title. At this point they would have to be happy with a top 6 finish!

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
The two best defensive teams in the league this season so far are playing, and the announcers thought there would be more chances created. What great insights.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Ugly behavior from Alexander-Arnold, has to be one of the easiest players to hate in world football.

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
VAR in La Liga has handed red cards for that very same action.
Modric for example

Yeah Maybe Spain and Italy. I mainly watch Swedish and English football where it isn't. They did look at it and decided it wasn't a red. Clear yellow though

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Soyuncu best player of the 1st half. Swept up everything. Took away the through ball.

Both teams are good. Glad that chance fell to Mane. Also Adrian is the best backup keeper in the league. So much better than Mignolet

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Spurs have been declining from their peak for a while now, not just since this calendar year. Laughable that some people think they've just fallen off a cliff suddenly...this has been a steady decline. Stale players and management, some horrific form papered over by a completely fortuitous run to the CL final. Still cannot believe people thought as late as the beginning of this season that they were closer to City/Pool level than Arsenal. Absolutely blinded by that CL run and the number of international caps of some of other core players, especially the domestic ones who look terrible now.

Obviously the likes of Arsenal and United are not exactly covering themselves in glory either but I'd wager a hefty sum that a rather brilliant looking crop of Arsenal youngsters will have North London back to red much sooner than most expected. Anyways - the gap between the top two and the rest of the field cannot get any larger...it's really incredible how much better City and Pool are than everybody else over the course of a season.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
I don’t think it went unnoticed that Tottenham had a dip in form in second half of last season. But they have the 3rd best team on paper on I think most people felt they’d eventually find their groove again. I don’t think it’s a fact of lacking quality players, but there’s clearly something very dysfunctional going as far them being able to play cohesive and effective football.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad