GWT: PL Matchweek 8

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Beautiful kits, beautiful football from Brighton against the w*nkers. Always love to see Sp*rs absolutely fall apart as they always do " It is the history of the Tottenham".

Last edited:

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Sadly I seem to be right about Pochettino. 95% he is now done and should be so.

Eerily similar to when the team quit on Jol.

Even if Pochettino has brought this on himself too a much larger extent than Jol ever did.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Sadly I seem to be right about Pochettino. 95% he is now done and should be so.

Eerily similar to when the team quit on Jol.

Even if Pochettino has brought this on himself too a much larger extent than Jol ever did.

I haven't been following Spurs closely enough evidently, how did he bring it on himself or what has actually gone down?

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Someone send me some oxygen or something, my heart feels like its going to explode and we still got another half of play! Come on you Gulls!

Reactions: Cassano

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Yeah this is going to be a long 45 minutes! Please knick one on the counter Brighton, please!

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
I haven't been following Spurs closely enough evidently, how did he bring it on himself or what has actually gone down?

Obviously I can´t say that this is only Pochettino´s fault, but it reminds me about the change Spurs so under Redknapp in his last months. Redknapp started talking about "this is as good as it gets" and it was obvious he wanted the England job. Pochettino is continuously talking about how Spurs are different and can´t compete with the biggest clubs etc. How are teams going to get motivated by having their manager/coach telling them they are in a uphill battle? Even if it is true you try to create an illusion of something else. Klopp is excellent at this. Liverpool are fairly similar to Spurs in terms of resources, but you would never think so listening to the two managers.

And even if I´m wrong and Pochettino has done nothing wrong that team needs a new voice.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I really don't like Dier, like at all! Probably my least favourite player in the prem.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Obviously I can´t say that this is only Pochettino´s fault, but it reminds me about the change Spurs so under Redknapp in his last months. Redknapp started talking about "this is as good as it gets" and it was obvious he wanted the England job. Pochettino is continuously talking about how Spurs are different and can´t compete with the biggest clubs etc. How are teams going to get motivated by having their manager/coach telling them they are in a uphill battle? Even if it is true you try to create an illusion of something else. Klopp is excellent at this. Liverpool are fairly similar to Spurs in terms of resources, but you would never think so listening to the two managers.

And even if I´m wrong and Pochettino has done nothing wrong that team needs a new voice.

Hm, interesting. I mean, I kind of feel like Poch has been saying that the whole time, he said it while getting them to the CL finals, so I don't really get what has changed. Certainly though every coach has an expiry date

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Alzate and Connolly are oozing confidence for being fresh into the senior team. I really appreciate Potter's use of the youth so far this year, it's refreshing!

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Other than Newcastle, having a tough time thinking what other teams will be relegated. It is up for grabs. Maybe Southampton and Villa.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Hm, interesting. I mean, I kind of feel like Poch has been saying that the whole time, he said it while getting them to the CL finals, so I don't really get what has changed. Certainly though every coach has an expiry date

Earlier it was always said with some positivity. "We will get there" kind of thing. This summer he kept on sulking about how difficult things were. As if N´Dombele, Lo Celso and Sessegnon were signings any team could have made.

And I never understood how keeping players like Eriksen around is helpful.

I just hope he gets sacked before this goes on too long. Season can still be saved.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Other than Newcastle, having a tough time thinking what other teams will be relegated. It is up for grabs. Maybe Southampton and Villa.
Watford with the way they are playing now, but they have more talent than the other teams down there.

Reactions: robertmac43

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
One thing I’ve noticed today is that spurs players are being turned trivially easy. They’re biting on basically every single feint, even the slightest ones.

Sissoko is probably the one burned most on that. Anyone doing any kind of change of pace or turn out wide almost immediately has 3 yards of space from him.

That usually indicates a team that isn’t tuned in mentally. They’re not putting in the mental effort to pay attention to little clues and not hustling hard enough to recover. Just making the easy looking play and hoping.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
It's actually a pretty big early relegation battle day today with Watford v Sheff and Norwich v Villa.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad