GWT: PL Matchweek 8

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
That’s a crazy harsh red card against Cardiff.

Clear yellow but red is a complete joke.

I think plays like that should be a no doubt red card.

He wasn’t trying to play the ball at all and Spurs likely score if not for the Cardiff player kicking Moura.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Spurs are really missing Eriksen here. Killing Cardiff box to box but need that last pass to really open them up.

Obviously doesn’t help having Sissoko getting the ball in key areas and killing any chance in his own.

Son has been poor as well.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
I think plays like that should be a no doubt red card.

He wasn’t trying to play the ball at all and Spurs likely score if not for the Cardiff player kicking Moura.

If your standard for a red card is a slide tackle with no attempt to play the ball, you’re going to be giving out multiple per game.

That was a professional foul to stop a counter and should have been a yellow.

It wasn’t a DGSO foul since the CB was in position to easily cover being about 10 yards closer to goal and much more central.

YEM

Mar 7, 2010
If your standard for a red card is a slide tackle with no attempt to play the ball, you’re going to be giving out multiple per game.
you're not taking into account where the ball was

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017

That was a professional foul to stop a counter and should have been a yellow.

It wasn’t a DGSO foul since the CB was in position to easily cover being about 10 yards closer to goal and much more central.

No my standard is a slide tackle when the ball isn’t even close.

But that play was a clear red for a number of reasons, the tackle itself was bad, the ball not being there, no attempt to get the ball, the fact that Moura was past him, the fact that Spurs would have scored even with the CB there.

We should do everything we can to get garbage like that play out of the game.

I am also in favour of harsher punishments for professional fouls. There is no need for them in the game.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
No my standard is a slide tackle when the ball isn’t even close.

But that play was a clear red for a number of reasons, the tackle itself was bad, the ball not being there, no attempt to get the ball,

He didn’t swing his leg into him, he didn’t use significant force, and he didn’t expose his studs. He put his leg out across where Moura was running. To me that’s not violent conduct.

the fact that Moura was past him, the fact that Spurs would have scored even with the CB there.

Neither of those are valid reasons for a red card.

I am also in favour of harsher punishments for professional fouls. There is no need for them in the game.

That’s fine. I just don’t expect you to say remotely the same thing when a Spurs player does it.

Reactions: bluesfan94

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
That’s fine. I just don’t expect you to say remotely the same thing when a Spurs player does it.

I would say it when I Spurs player does it.

Do you think I have a hard time criticizing Spurs?

The fact is it was as clear a red card as there is.

It is a red if Harry Kane doesit, it is a red in the alternate Universe that Canada can play soccer and they do it, it’s a red if the Flames switch to soccer and Monahan makes that play.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
He didn’t swing his leg into him, he didn’t use significant force, and he didn’t expose his studs. He put his leg out across where Moura was running. To me that’s not violent conduct.

On a play like that, grab Maura's arm and spin him to the ground. What he did is the equivalent to a defensemen at the point sticking his knee out to stop a break rather than grab the player.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
On a play like that, grab Maura's arm and spin him to the ground. What he did is the equivalent to a defensemen at the point sticking his knee out to stop a break rather than grab the player.

I’m not saying it was a good play. There were multiple reasons for it to be a yellow, but multiple reasons for a yellow doesn’t elevate a foul to a sending off.

Reactions: bluesfan94

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad