1230pm - Man United v Newcastle - NBC

Sunday 10/7

7am - Fulham v Arsenal - NBCSN
915am - Southampton v Chelsea - NBCSN
1130am - Man City v Liverpool - NBCSN

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Ugh

Should be an "easy" week but instead it looks like a big let down.

Can't believe it has come to hoping we can eke out a draw with Cardiff at home.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I hope Mou comes out firing this weekend with some crazy experimental tactics. That would be funny!

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
If he is going down anyways it would be nice to see him put a 10 spot on Rafa.

But Rafa will do his usual set up to only lose 2-1 so his fans can talk about how amazing he was leading his team to another close loss.

Juve

May 13, 2011
Somewhere around the world

giphy.gif

I don't want him to be fired. Fire him after the Juventus game if they have to do it.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Its Sissoko!!!!!

He's not good enough to play in the Premier league. Not for Spurs, not for anybody.

One goal in 60 appearances.

Stray Wasp

May 5, 2009
South east London
If he is going down anyways it would be nice to see him put a 10 spot on Rafa.

But Rafa will do his usual set up to only lose 2-1 so his fans can talk about how amazing he was leading his team to another close loss.

The bolded will happen quite a lot in Strawmanland, but not so much in the real world.

There's plenty of frustration amongst Newcastle fans with the team's performances, and there's no lack of fans ready to apportion some of the blame to Benitez.

However, just yesterday the redacted minutes of the club's most recent meeting with the NUFC Supporters Trust were published. While the NUFCST disputed aspects of the content, a couple of interesting points cropped up:

1) Ashley's shabby, law-breaking, employee-abusing sports company now pays NUFC for advertising within the stadium. (The amount isn't confirmed, but anyway, it proves the allegations that for years NUFC was giving Ashley's business free advertising for nowt).

2) The club's debt to Ashley reduced this summer. In other words, Ashley pocketed the TV money he promised Benitez to fund recruitment to recoup the money that he was forced to invest when his four years of letting the club rot from the inside out resulted in the relegation of 2016.

Maybe NUFC fans are dumb for trusting a European Cup-winning coach given Ashley's previous willingness to hand the reins to the finest managerial talent the scrapheap has to offer. But I wonder what specific measures you think Benitez should be taking to improve the group of players he has been obliged to work with as a result of Ashley's plundering?

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
The bolded will happen quite a lot in Strawmanland, but not so much in the real world.

There's plenty of frustration amongst Newcastle fans with the team's performances, and there's no lack of fans ready to apportion some of the blame to Benitez.

However, just yesterday the redacted minutes of the club's most recent meeting with the NUFC Supporters Trust were published. While the NUFCST disputed aspects of the content, a couple of interesting points cropped up:

1) Ashley's shabby, law-breaking, employee-abusing sports company now pays NUFC for advertising within the stadium. (The amount isn't confirmed, but anyway, it proves the allegations that for years NUFC was giving Ashley's business free advertising for nowt).

2) The club's debt to Ashley reduced this summer. In other words, Ashley pocketed the TV money he promised Benitez to fund recruitment to recoup the money that he was forced to invest when his four years of letting the club rot from the inside out resulted in the relegation of 2016.

Maybe NUFC fans are dumb for trusting a European Cup-winning coach given Ashley's previous willingness to hand the reins to the finest managerial talent the scrapheap has to offer. But I wonder what specific measures you think Benitez should be taking to improve the group of players he has been obliged to work with as a result of Ashley's plundering?

I was referring more to media members and Liverpool fans who talk as though he walks on water.

I do think Newcastle fans overrate Rafa as well but I don’t like to put too much on them considering the crap they have to deal with from Ashley so I will give them a little bit of a break for looking for positives from their squad even if it results in them thinking to much of Rafa.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Lloris is just so shaky now. Mediocre

I hate to say it as he has been world class for most of his time here but I think it is time to move on.

Last year might have been the time as I think PSG may have given us a decent amount for him.

I am not familiar enough with goaltenders to know who to replace him with, maybe a swap of French goalies with the younger guy at PSG?

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
I hate to say it as he has been world class for most of his time here but I think it is time to move on.

I would have no issue with that at all, given that you know Levy won't buy anyone of consequence without selling someone of consequence. Rather it be Hugo than Kane, Dele, Eriksen, etc...

YEM

Mar 7, 2010
I do believe that Lyon receive something like 25% of any transfer profit from a Lloris sale which probably decreases his chances of being sold-he's not being moved anytime soon

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad