GWT: PL Matchweek 7

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
The counterpoint is that if it were truly that clear, VAR would have caught it. Didn't watch/haven't seen it, so I can't truly comment.
Wasn’t a PK in my opinion would have been very soft to give in Liverpool’s favor

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
He did not touch Mount at all.
vIypUa4.png

You were saying? Clear as day he takes him right out.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Was it not much contact or no contact? You can't even keep your awful opinions straight.

I said before, a little contact should never ever be enough for a penalty. And I can’t really see much contact there.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Wtf Anderson come onnnnnn

Yarmolenko has been great lately.

On replay it was a tougher chance than I thought.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I said before, a little contact should never ever be enough for a penalty. And I can’t really see much contact there.
He did not touch Mount at all.
You said he didn't touch him at all, and he clearly took him out by sticking his leg into the back of Mount's leg and taking his foot out mid-stride. The amount of contact doesn't matter, when players are running full speed it doesn't always take a huge amount of contact to bring them down. You can concede a penalty for just clipping someones heels, and it's a good call.

Nowhere in the rules does it say penalties are only awarded when you aggressively slide into someone and wreck them.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Wow Wilson to Wilson but it’s saved. Harry Wilson is a tidy player. Would be happy to have him back.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Fantastic ball from Yarmo but really smart header from Anderson back to Cresswell.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
You said he didn't touch him at all, and he clearly took him out by sticking his leg into the back of Mount's leg and taking his foot out mid-stride. The amount of contact doesn't matter, when players are running full speed it doesn't always take a huge amount of contact to bring them down. You can concede a penalty for just clipping someones heels, and it's a good call.

Nowhere in the rules does it say penalties are only awarded when you aggressively slide into someone and wreck them.

My opinion is that he didn’t affect Mounts movement at all by touching him, which I still can’t see him doing from the picture. If you make physical contact in the box without affecting their ability to run too much, it isn’t a penalty. That shouldn’t be a foul anywhere on the pitch. If you, for example, touch them slightly like in let’s say Mctominays dive earlier this season, it shouldn’t be a penalty ever. Physical contact should be allowed in football.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
My opinion is that he didn’t affect Mounts movement at all by touching him, which I still can’t see him doing from the picture. If you make physical contact in the box without affecting their ability to run too much, it isn’t a penalty. That shouldn’t be a foul anywhere on the pitch. If you, for example, touch them slightly like in let’s say Mctominays dive earlier this season, it shouldn’t be a penalty ever. Physical contact should be allowed in football.
Well this is just wrong, and it's not close to a dive. Mount is running and ends up with both feet off the ground because Webster contacts his left leg while he's mid-stride with his right leg already in the air. So when Mount goes to plant his left foot down it's now been slid out from under him and his momentum carries him to the ground because he's lost all balance in his run. This is pretty simple stuff, which is exactly why it's called a penalty every single time.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Well this is just wrong, and it's not close to a dive. Mount is running and ends up with both feet off the ground because Webster contacts his left leg while he's mid-stride with his right leg already in the air. So when Mount goes to plant his left foot down it's now been slid out from under him and his momentum carries him to the ground because he's lost all balance in his run. This is pretty simple stuff, which is exactly why it's called a penalty every single time.

This is just wrong. Webster miscontrols the pass and sticks out the leg, and Mount falls down by himself, possibly getting slight soft contact when he is on his way down, already falling because he sees he can’t reach the ball.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Abraham off for Bats to finish the game. Abraham played really well, unfortunately go goals to show for it.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Dominant win for Chelsea, finally get the first win at home. Should have done better with 24 shot attempts and 10 shots on target though, need to be a bit more clinical. Full credit to Mat Ryan for an excellent performance for BHA.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Not a particularly good away day for West Ham, but they rescued a draw at least so whatever, I guess.

Roberto was okay, but the drop off fr ol m Fabianski to him is still massive.

Yarmolenko really hitting his stride, but want so much more from Anderson.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009

CHO is a better player, so really he's competing for minutes against Willian/Pedro now, both who apparently have a much better work rate in training and have definitely had a better work rate in the games. Zero chance he takes Mount's spot in the middle, as Mount is a better player who Lampard also had last season.

It's only been 9 games, and Pulisic is only 21. The American media's obsession with him, acting like he's a world class player being held back by bad management, is really ridiculous and bordering on pathetic. The expectation seems to be that because Chelsea paid a lot for him, that meant they would just gift him minutes. In reality, they see Pulisic as a long term investment in a player with a lot of promise, and expect him to develop and compete with all the other young guys fighting for minutes. Pulisic needs to look inwards for why he isn't playing, and the American media needs to wise up to that as well.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
CHO is a better player, so really he's competing for minutes against Willian/Pedro now, both who apparently have a much better work rate in training and have definitely had a better work rate in the games. Zero chance he takes Mount's spot in the middle, as Mount is a better player who Lampard also had last season.

It's only been 9 games, and Pulisic is only 21. The American media's obsession with him, acting like he's a world class player being held back by bad management, is really ridiculous and bordering on pathetic. The expectation seems to be that because Chelsea paid a lot for him, that meant they would just gift him minutes. In reality, they see Pulisic as a long term investment in a player with a lot of promise, and expect him to develop and compete with all the other young guys fighting for minutes. Pulisic needs to look inwards for why he isn't playing, and the American media needs to wise up to that as well.
I think when he wasnt a starter for BvB i'm surprised why people believed he'd get mins for Chelsea.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad