GWT: PL Matchweek 7

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
This match also was a match where in a perfect world Keita or Ox would be back to fitness and in form, because their pace and energy would have been a big upgrade. Midfield looked a bit sluggish at times, and the front three wasn’t sharp again

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
No Kante (injury) or Zouma (illness). Looks like a 4-2-3-1 again. I expect CHO and James to both sub on at some time, not sure if Pulisic or Kovacic will.

Chelsea could really use to buy Ndidi or someone else comparable when they can as a backup for Kante, because when he's out it's a massive hole.

EFjZ-b6WsAMAibq.jpg

Sep 19, 2008
No Kante (injury) or Zouma (illness). Looks like a 4-2-3-1 again. I expect CHO and James to both sub on at some time, not sure if Pulisic or Kovacic will.

Chelsea could really use to buy Ndidi or someone else comparable when they can as a backup for Kante, because when he's out it's a massive hole.

EFjZ-b6WsAMAibq.jpg
WHY ISN'T PULI STARTING

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
This match also was a match where in a perfect world Keita or Ox would be back to fitness and in form, because their pace and energy would have been a big upgrade. Midfield looked a bit sluggish at times, and the front three wasn’t sharp again

It's hard to stay sharp when they're playing this much. I wouldn't be surprised if they had a dud vs Red Bull on Wednesday. I am actually surprised they haven't hit a snag yet.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017

EFjZ-b6WsAMAibq.jpg
:huh: it seems like Kante is only available to play against Liverpool...

Sep 19, 2008
Lampard basically said pulisic needs to be more consistent so I will hop off my soapbox for now. Hopefully the lad adapts to the English game.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
‘I’ve got four wingers to choose from, now they are all fit,’ said Lampard.

Christian, I think we all forget, has just turned 21, because of the price tag, because he came through at a very young age.

‘It’s very normal to expect there to be an adaptation period and that’s what he’s in.

‘He’s showed some really good moments in pre-season, some good moments at the start of the season.

‘But what he has to do, as all the players not just the wingers, is reach levels in training daily when there’s competition in the squad that make you sit up and go, ‘here’s my team selection and that’s actually affected it by seeing good stuff.’
Frank Lampard reveals what Christian Pulisic must do to start for Chelsea | Metro News

Reactions: Roman Fell

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
:huh: it seems like Kante is only available to play against Liverpool...
He's been struggling with this injury all season it seems. In and out of the lineup, but we have no one close to his style of play to cover for him.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I didn’t have a problem with Mane not getting awarded a PK. Liverpool lucky to get 3 points, but great teams find ways to win those.

Onto the next one

Reactions: Vasilevskiy

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Chelsea had Brighton under siege for most of that half, just lacked the quality with the final touch to score a few. 16 shot attempts in the first half really needs to be leading to some goals.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
I remember when I was told that Aurier was really good
As lucky as the Liverpool goal was, they also didn’t get awarded a clear penalty earlier, so it’s not as if they only won due to luck.
The counterpoint is that if it were truly that clear, VAR would have caught it. Didn't watch/haven't seen it, so I can't truly comment.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Horrid mistake by Brighton to concede a penalty. Jorginho gets it done of course.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Laughable opinion, as usual. "Dive" despite VAR reviewing it and determining that he was taken down and it was a good decision.

Could not see anyone touch him, but slight contact should never be a penalty. About 20% of the VAR penalties this season have been rightly given, United have dived for three.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Could not see anyone touch him, but slight contact should never be a penalty. About 20% of the VAR penalties this season were rightly given, United have dived for three.
lol, he took his foot right out. It was obvious.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad