GWT: PL Matchweek 7

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I would say no, a combined XI from Arsenal/United wouldn't win most of the time against Liverpool/City. I would only take an on-form Pogba in midfield (for Liverpool, I don't think he'd crack City's midfield), none of the front 3 and none of the backline. I might be tempted to take de Gea over Ederson but that could be a stretch. I would take AWB over Walker but not Cancelo.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Yikes, that was a pathetic game of two sides built on nothing except past aura.

- We allowed a team with no striker score a goal on us, that is brutal, nonetheless on our own corner.

- United decides to gift-wrap a goal for our troubles in travelling to a rainy Stoke night out on the Manchester border.

- Every time I watch Xhaka hoping he gets a yellow and gets suspended, every game he gets a yellow and every next game he's in the starting XI. Do something about this FA?

- I will fully admit that Emery's limitations are obviously becoming illuminated as we get deeper into the season.

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
I would say no, a combined XI from Arsenal/United wouldn't win most of the time against Liverpool/City. I would only take an on-form Pogba in midfield (for Liverpool, I don't think he'd crack City's midfield), none of the front 3 and none of the backline. I might be tempted to take de Gea over Ederson but that could be a stretch. I would take AWB over Walker but not Cancelo.

I think if you're looking at strictly talent a combined Man U/Arsenal starting 11 could beat Liverpool or Man City. Keep in mind I'm talking about talent only.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I think if you're looking at strictly talent a combined Man U/Arsenal starting 11 could beat Liverpool or Man City. Keep in mind I'm talking about talent only.
I was talking about talent also; I think they 'could' beat them in the sense that even in their current state they 'could' beat them, but talent wise neither of them have a collection of players that would make it into either of Liverpool or City's teams, if any.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad