GWT: PL Matchweek 7

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Leno should be moving up everyone's top goalkeeper lists.

Like Pepe earlier, Nelson should have taken a touch. Likely would have scored

Reactions: AB13

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
This felt like an Arsenal road game against a mid table side. Times of dominance, times of angst on the counter, frustrating result in the end

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Emery was way to conservative, we were great when we trailed and actually played attacking football. Ceballos was ridiculously sh*t when he came on, I have not seen such a useless substitute in a very long time.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Pressure is caving in on Ole now.

Not just him, I mean he's not a good coach but whoever decided this should be their squad is a psycho. They have just one striker. If Rashford gets hurt they'll fight relegation.

geALUL6.png

This kind of performance level is horrifying.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
My biggest question is what you have to do to have VAR award a penalty.

The handball was an absolute stonewall penalty. I have zero idea how it wasn’t given.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
I actually just assumed that was his second yellow. Pleasantly surprised it wasn't

It should have been, but Friend was bouncing between easy yellows and letting everything go all match, Xhaka got lucky that his first was on a let everything go streak.

I think Lingard was in the same spot.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Martial and Greenwood died?

Martial has an injury and usually plays on the left. Maybe he won't.

Greenwood is a child.

Yes, that is how teams get near the relegation zone. Currently four points above Villa with four away games upcoming.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Didn’t look like they stopped playing to me. Still they know there’s VAR so you have to finish the play anyway. Was a terrible call either way. Maguire oof.

That said I think the commentator called nailed it when he asked ‘Are we watching mediocrity? Is that was this match has become?’ at some point in the second half. I thought Arsenal would look better than they have this season though they may sneak into the top 4 by virtue of others stumbling.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->