GWT: PL Matchweek 5

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
I was OK with the decision but would have preferred going with Arteta based on what I've read about him.

And they're on pace to complete half of their total away wins from last season. But Emery Out right?
Last year away form was statistical anomaly, as was the home form. We won't finish with 2nd best home record again this season.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Mou only celebrating because it was Smalling. Also I don’t think anyone is doubting Young’s crossing ability. It’s his defending that worries me.

Mourinho:

“We trained the corner during the week, and the best thing that can happen to coaches is when you see it happen in the match. They are happening in these last three matches – even in the one against Tottenham. Things are happening that we are working [on]: the positional [play], the movement. But the set-piece is a very specific thing that you work, you work, you work sometimes weeks and weeks and you don’t see the result of that work. So when it happens it was happiness for the coaching staff.”

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Don't know why you're responding to me about that. Especially considering it was a joke about his favoritism towards a clearly inferior Smalling.

Smalling been United's best and most consistent CB in recent seasons. Hasn't missed that many games, still good for one marking mistake per season :laugh: but otherwise he's the leader at the back.

Reactions: All Might

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Smalling been United's best and most consistent CB in recent seasons. Hasn't missed that many games, still good for one marking mistake per season :laugh: but otherwise he's the leader at the back.
Same with Fellaini. Everyone treats him as a meme, but 3 managers always had his back for his performances.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Same with Fellaini. Everyone treats him as a meme, but 3 managers always had his back for his performances.
Smalling been United's best and most consistent CB in recent seasons. Hasn't missed that many games, still good for at least one marking mistake per game:laugh: but otherwise he's the leader at the back.
It is definitely justified for skepticism for both Felliani and Smalling. Yes Felliani had a good game yesterday and a good game the few weeks before. He definitely fits as a DM much better than as a AM or a SS but I'm going to need a consistent run of form from him if I'm going to believe this turn around. He has had patches like this in the past (remember that time I think it was last season where had like 4 goals in 4 games) but then he has multiple games where he is just absolute trash and does nothing but kill attacks and get beat.

In regard to Smalling, him and all of United's CBs are trash. Only two that should be on the team next season are Bailly and Lindelof (and Tuanzebe/TFM). The rest are bad and it's the English bias is the only reason they are still here. The end of the game where Watford took control and forced multiple great saves from De Gea was all Smalling and Lindelof. I think Lindelof is young enough to fix these mistakes. Smalling is not. Also FIFY.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Has Liverpool actually played a tough match at all? I mean they got Tottenham at one of their most vulnerable times in the season and scrubs besides that.

Wolves should've scored more goals, completely dominated Burnley.

I was okay with Emery and still okay with him. I wanted Allergi and then Nagelsmann in that order, but those managers want(ed) to control their own transfers and that is a no-go at the mighty Arsenal. :facepalm:

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Has Liverpool actually played a tough match at all? I mean they got Tottenham at one of their most vulnerable times in the season and scrubs besides that.
Yes. They dominated Totteham most vulnerable time? I don't get?

As for Liverpool their next month will indicate what they are made of as they will play in order:

1. PSG (h) - CL
2. Southampton (h) - EPL
3. Chelsea (h) - Cup
4. Chelsea (a) - EPL
5. Napoli (a) - CL
6. Man City (h) - EPL

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018
Yes. They dominated Totteham most vulnerable time? I don't get?

As for Liverpool their next month will indicate what they are made of as they will play in order:

1. PSG (h) - CL
2. Southampton (h) - EPL
3. Chelsea (h) - Cup
4. Chelsea (a) - EPL
5. Napoli (a) - CL
6. Man City (h) - EPL

Sh!t... yeah, that's a crazy schedule. I think Liverpool could do some damage in Naples if they're fresh enough.

Carlo will try to take the game to Liverpool , which is exactly what Klopp wants.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Big game coming up tomorrow for Brighton. Would be ecstatic with a win, should be a test though so I'll be happy with a point. We need big showing from Gross and Knockaert.

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos
Some tasty games ahead, let's see how we go against the grain and out of nowhere smash Everton away. :D :D

I enjoyed that.
Ever since the Payet injury game, I've enjoyed every defeat Everton get.

Also, I realize everyone think Marco Silva is hot s?it, but I for one, think he's a fraud. Sampaoli-style.

Reactions: Jersey Fresh

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Pellegrini may have found a formation that actually works with the 4-1-4-1. Definitely a work in progress still. Fabianski called into action far too often and a better team would have punished them.

Noble still miles off the pace, though. Zero legs to get into the game.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Brighton sneaks out with a point. Two games in a row now the team has battled back from being down, it's these results that will prove to be huge in a season where relegation could be a reality. Wish they would stop relying on late night pens!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad