Wolverhampton - Burnley
-
Everton - West Ham

MONDAY 17 September
Southampton - Brighton

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I like that the week is kicking off with that Spurs-Liverpool game. Fun way go come back from the break

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Massive game obviously; hope the boys come out and take the game to Tottenham early. Just watch out for those Kane dives.
I for one loved the international break...Just the hours of games were stupid.
I'm also a big fan of NT games. People hate on them way too much.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
The international break was super boring.

I like our chances this week, but with two huge games I am not sure which is the priority.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Tottenham without Alli and Lloris so this should be an easy Liverpool win.

Vorm has be done for at least a year now and we have no good replacement for Alli.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
The international break was super boring.

I like our chances this week, but with two huge games I am not sure which is the priority.
Liverpool will go strong both games and use B team against Southampton next week

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
The international break when the games aren't qualifying for something are an ****in waste of time. But I appreciate them this time so players from the World Cup can get some breaks from footballing.

Spurs/Liverpool should be a good one, a draw would be an absolutely wonderful result.

YEM

Mar 7, 2010
Vorm has be done for at least a year now and we have no good replacement for Alli.
I'll go glass half full and suggest that without Dele we'll perhaps have more of a defensive-minded 11 out there which might not be a bad thing against 'Pool

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
It would be nice to see Fabinho get his debut, but I doubt that he does it in a game of this magnitude.

More likely I'd like to see this:

Wijnaldum
Milner - Keita
Having Fabinho instead of Milner will probably end up being the overall goal of Klopp's movement, but for now this should be a strong enough midfield to deal well with any team. Wijnaldum and Keita played really well together I thought in general so I hope that those two at least are in. Wijnaldum and Milner and Keita are an extremely press resistant midfield and that'll be important vs. Spurs and other top teams I think; all of them have played great to start the season and for my money Wijnaldum has been incredible at the 6 every time he's played there for us.

Also worth noting is that Joe Gomez is currently 10 for 10 in take ons coming out of his own half. He's an incredibly gifted CB at breaking pressure on his own and getting the ball up the field. You can see it watching the game how confident he is in carrying the ball out of the back. That trio of Gomez, van Dijk and Wijnaldum when playing as the 6 makes it incredibly difficult to put pressure on our backline.

EDIT: Changed my mind.

Last edited:

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I'm going Keita, Milner, Henderson vs Tottenham

Then Keita, Wijnaldum, Fabinho vs PSG

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Spurs/Liverpool while the game of the week in the EPL is way too early for me. However, what's the status report on Coco? Asking for a friend.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Luckily it was rightly awarded a penalty...
reactiongifs-1PgPvWLfXGkCY

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->