GWT: PL Matchweek 38 - Grand Finale

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Thank God Klopp renewed because that was a catastrophe. I don't want Gerrard anywhere near the Reds if that's what happens on his watch. City's quality be damned you can't let that happen. EVER

Like I died and went back to the Rodgers Era for a minute there with that heartbreak boys

Reactions: MarkStone

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
It seems everybody chocked but Liverpool, Leeds, Tottenham and City.

West Ham, Burnley, Aston Villa and somehow United(no consequences) with the huges choke job

At least they bottle it in Europe every year.
I don't care about that. Getting 92pts give you a title in almost every season since the beginning of time BUT this Man City squad.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Hoping like this is when we had van Dijk for half a season and made huge improvements shortly after. We were much better after signing Diaz than before we had him.

MarkStone

Frankie Fryer
Mar 12, 2016
It seems everybody chocked but Liverpool, Leeds, Tottenham and City.

West Ham, Burnley, Aston Villa and somehow United(no consequences) with the huges choke job

I don't care about that. Getting 92pts give you a title in almost every season since the beginning of time BUT this Man City squad.

I get it but at the same time it takes sport-washing, financial doping and even shithouse corner playing against Aston freaking Villa for City to pip this Liverpool team that has been in it to the end on all fronts.

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
At least Burnley went down lmao

Watched most of the game and they were horrible, Newcastle could have buried them earlier, they had a moment around the 80th minute where Burnley won like 4-5 consecutive corners but never came close to scoring really. Awful effort, they had something like a 60% passing accuracy too

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
They aren’t any worse than what has been trotted out in Europa the last few seasons.

I'm not sure that squad would make it out of a group based on their last couple of months TBH. I guess it would depend solely on Ronaldo's form. Take out Ronaldo and I think they crash out of Europa League. They also get throttled by the Romas and Marseilles of the world in the Conference League.

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
I get it but at the same time it takes sport-washing, financial doping and even shithouse corner playing against Aston freaking Villa for City to pip this Liverpool team that has been in it to the end on all fronts.
People care more about someone else almost winning the league than they do about City actually winning the league. Pep knows it and you can hear it in almost every interview.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
People care more about someone else almost winning the league than they do about City actually winning the league. Pep knows it and you can hear it in almost every interview.
To be fair.
Every single time Man City have a down season like last year Liverpool have crazy injury crisis or drama (gerrard slip)

It almost feel like this City team need another team at the top to perform every week otherwise they just don't care.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
They do. He’s the Yankees. They spent more than anyone else. They should win. He’s a magical manager, but he doesn’t have the adoration Klopp does. City don’t really have a ton of traditional support.

Reactions: NJDevs26

MarkStone

Frankie Fryer
Mar 12, 2016
You can hear the blood money guilt behind every quote. But he has his money and silverware I guess (well, domestic silverware with City).

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
I had one wish today. It was seeing Liverpool at the top even if it was for 30 sec. It did not even happened. Feel sick that these quick City goals killed my Salah's goal joy.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
As for our season I'm not disappointed in the least. Liverpool got 92 points while advancing all the way in every single cup, we have two trophies and the most important one yet to play in the final. City didn't do that and they can't do that.

Reactions: trostol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad