GWT: PL Matchweek 38 - Grand Finale

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
As for our season I'm not disappointed in the least. Liverpool got 92 points while advancing all the way in every single cup, we have two trophies and the most important one yet to play in the final. City didn't do that and they can't do that.
I think it's more the maner. I would prefer losing it by 4 pts than 1. It just make you think about all the missed opportunities more.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
I hope this was the last time I see Lindelöf trying to defend at Manchester United. Sell him.
That’s the biggest thing. I find myself saying this about a lot of these United players. Like if they just released all their senior players and promoted youth players, I wouldn’t be disappointed I don’t think. Legitimately if people are willing to pay money for a player, sell him.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Man people are in for a rude awakening on that one. They think Liverpool's just gonna buy bums all of a sudden.
No. Not my feeling but replacing Mane/Salah is no easy task.

I am getting worried about Jota too. He has been bad since the Arsenal games.

That being said if they can have better midfield the firepower up front does not matter that much. Tchouameni would be god send.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
That’s the biggest thing. I find myself saying this about a lot of these United players. Like if they just released all their senior players and promoted youth players, I wouldn’t be disappointed I don’t think. Legitimately if people are willing to pay money for a player, sell him.
I've just seen him too many times failing to defend a goal scorer.

This was an angry post-game post at RedCafe:

Written purely in anger about how utterly shite this group of players are:

Out
Grant
Henderson £20M
Jones £5M
Bailly £20M
Lindelof £20M
Maguire £45M
Dalot £5M
Telles £5M
Bissaka £25M
Williams £10M
Tuanzabe £5M
Pogba
Mata
Lingard
Pereira £5M
Fred £35M
McTominay £25M
Fernandes £45M
Matic
VDB £25M
MArtial £20M
Rashford £50M
Cavani

Feck the lot of them

£365m

GK DeGea Heaton
LB Shaw Alvaro Fernandes
CB Varane Mengi Ketchup £5M
CB Timber £45M Gvardiol £55M
RB Laird Gusto £20M
DM Garner Bissouma £25M
CM Enzo Fernandes £17M Dejong £63M
AM Hannibal Nkunku £60M
LW Sancho Garnacho eLANGA
RW Pellestri Amad Antony £50M
CF Ronaldo Giorui £50M

£390M

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
I've just seen him too many times failing to defend a goal scorer.

This was an angry post-game post at RedCafe:
I mean most of those are too low value wise and that 11 clearly won’t do much of anything but at least they’d try. I think that’s the biggest issue is it feels like these guys aren’t trying.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Some of the fees they think they’re getting for players are ridiculous. Many will hope for a loan with an option to buy. At best.
I think it evens out average wise. Probably get a bit more for guys like Tuanzebe and McTominay but less for guys like Bailly, Lindelof.

karhukissa

Apr 2, 2019
No. Not my feeling but replacing Mane/Salah is no easy task.

I am getting worried about Jota too. He has been bad since the Arsenal games.

That being said if they can have better midfield the firepower up front does not matter that much. Tchouameni would be god send.
Most important thing is already done, which is Klopp's contract renewal. That culture what he's bring to Liverpool is the biggest reason why this team is up there as the top-3 teams in the world.

Ali, Virg and the wingbacks are very strong foundation. Tchouameni indeed would be perfect signing and as far as i know, RM isn't going for him anymore which puts Liverpool at the front.

In my opinion, they should pay Mo what he wants and as painful as it is, let Mane go if it goes down to that. He's been great as a 9, but Mo is the best player in the world atm.

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
Liverpool didn’t win any games against the top four. To win the title in a given year, they need at least three points off City.

If you’re Pep, all you have to do is not lose to Liverpool and back City to pick up more points than Liverpool in the remaining 36 fixtures.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
I think it evens out average wise. Probably get a bit more for guys like Tuanzebe and McTominay but less for guys like Bailly, Lindelof.
I think it’s more just unlikely at best that they could move 7-8 of those players, none the less everyone. There also has to be destinations for players as well. Maguire isn’t worth that, and even if he was, where is he going? The top 4 don’t want him. He isn’t moving to a mid table club. I’m sure his wages also make him prohibitive to move. So, he’s yours for the next few seasons. For a number of the others, it’s just hard to see who might be in. A lot will want to stay and work with the new manager.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
The list of current senior players I would be legitimately upset if they sold is at *maybe* 1, Elanga. And even then if they got an offer for him 30-35 million for him (which would be a decent amount above his market value) I wouldn't be upset at them accepting.

Reactions: Gecklund

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
I think it’s more just unlikely at best that they could move 7-8 of those players, none the less everyone. There also has to be destinations for players as well. Maguire isn’t worth that, and even if he was, where is he going? The top 4 don’t want him. He isn’t moving to a mid table club. I’m sure his wages also make him prohibitive to move. So, he’s yours for the next few seasons. For a number of the others, it’s just hard to see who might be in. A lot will want to stay and work with the new manager.
I mean you are 1000% overstating it but I agree with your overall point. I think there’s an aspect of too of the new manager not willing to work with them. He was in the crowd today and I can guarantee these players knew that. They still played like shit.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Liverpool didn’t win any games against the top four. To win the title in a given year, they need at least three points off City.

If you’re Pep, all you have to do is not lose to Liverpool and back City to pick up more points than Liverpool in the remaining 36 fixtures.
Sorry but the game against Tottenham in London was the most bad officiated game (Tierney and VAR) that I witnessed in over a decade from a Liverpool perspective. They simply decided the fate of the game with bad decisions. (Red Card to Kane and obvious penalty to Jota)

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos
The squad is aging though. One last dance? :D
Liverpool have amazing scouting and Klopp.
While Klopp and his team are there, they'll be a tier 1 club every season. (last season was an anomaly)

I wouldn't be too worried, they seem to have replacements lined up, even if for whatever reason Salah bolts this summer, Diaz is amazing.

Sorry but the game against Tottenham in London was the most bad officiated game (Tierney and VAR) that I witnessed in over a decade from a Liverpool perspective. They simply decided the fate of the game with bad decisions. (Red Card to Kane and obvious penalty to Jota)
I mean, sure. But you could've also had Mane sent off in like the 10th second of the game vs Chelsea.
Or should have, really.

On the whole though, I think City got a few more favorable "questionable" calls, the pen in the 1-0 Wolves game comes to mind.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
I mean you are 1000% overstating it but I agree with your overall point. I think there’s an aspect of too of the new manager not willing to work with them. He was in the crowd today and I can guarantee these players knew that. They still played like shit.
I know much of that is Internet forum stuff, but getting rid of that many, many for top dollar is unlikely.

If you’re selling Bruno or Rashford, clubs are interested. But some of the other parts? You think some prices are too low? Fred for 35? Dude is 29. No chance. Who is paying that. I think every central defenders price is inflated.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad