GWT: PL Matchweek 38 FINALE

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Clearly your vendetta against Rodgers. But it is your opinion if this is the way you feel about him, so be it. That team won 13 games in a row (one off the league record at the time). But again, that was 7 years ago so nothing else I feel like discussing. Cheers.
Who said I had a vendetta against Rodgers? I’m not exactly rewriting history here.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
The match was on Peacock so I didn't bother waking up and didn't bother trying to find a stream. That's how much I care right now.

Also Rodgers should absolutely be fired 101% and be replaced by Espirito Santo. That was a Watford-esque drop from them and this was NOT the only season where they were shambolic in the final third of the season (Project Restart as well). You lot will defend them from your bias alone, but they just got to miss on a huge deal of money by allowing their opponents to score at will at times in the last part of the season. Miserable if you were a Fox fan and to make matters worse they won a random FA Cup which constantly gets degraded on here because Arsenal won the most. If a FA Cup is meaningless because Arsenal won it, then it's meaningless for every club who wins it and so this is still an absolute failure of the season for LC as far as I am concerned. But because Rodgers won his Johnston Paint Trophy, this will allow him to have a longer leash by the ownership when he should be gone by tomorrow. Hey, sure Arsenal's campaign was also a failure so not doubting that, but missing out on everything has to give Arteta one extremely short leash with an electric shock in it. This win for LC actually increased Rodgers comfortability as manager.

Fifth year in a row that insufferable Arsenal fans can't celebrate just because they finish ahead of us. Thank god for that.
Lol, I am not sure why Gooners/Spurs even cared about that in the first place, but since you made it such a big deal you lot haven't gone anywhere, have a slim chance at Europe, and are on the verge of losing your best player to a direct rival. Like, sure Arsenal is a broken down coach on the side the road with the windows broken by rocks, but you barely passed us in a Pinto while being lit on fire and driving on nothing except your rims blud.

You lot might consider it a failure, but personally speaking I am absolutely thrilled we're not anywhere close to Europe. It shoves it in Arteta's face, Kroenke's face, and everyone else part of this failure of a regime.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
It was the wrong move and Everyone knew it was the wrong move, including in his own locker room. Did exactly what Jose wanted him to do and paid for it.
So instead he was supposed to what? Bunker down with a team that couldn't play defence? This narrative is incredibly silly. The team played that way because they had to play that way; we've seen what a team like that would do inviting pressure and it wasn't a win, and especially against Chelsea it would have been disastrous. The tactics were fine; an individual had a very unfortunate moment and it cost us. Henderson losing his head and taking that red also cost us. Rodgers setting up the team to go on an unprecedented run and what he was actually able to accomplish with that team was pretty impressive. Not winning the title definitely wasn't down to Rodgers, you should feel pretty blessed that he actually got us to 2nd with that lot.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
So instead he was supposed to what? Bunker down with a team that couldn't play defence? This narrative is incredibly silly. The team played that way because they had to play that way; we've seen what a team like that would do inviting pressure and it wasn't a win, and especially against Chelsea it would have been disastrous. The tactics were fine; an individual had a very unfortunate moment and it cost us. Henderson losing his head and taking that red also cost us. Rodgers setting up the team to go on an unprecedented run and what he was actually able to accomplish with that team was pretty impressive. Not winning the title definitely wasn't down to Rodgers, you should feel pretty blessed that he actually got us to 2nd with that lot.
I don’t agree. He definitely could have adjusted. He only needed a draw in that game too. The players, notably Gerrard spoke out against the game plan too. It’s what lost Rodgers the locker room and it showed up the next seasons which led to his departure. We don’t need to rewrite history here.

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
An "expert" picked his worst XI and he has 8 players from Big 6 teams and 1 player from the last place team with 20 points. The last place team with 20 points had better players who had better seasons? Forward Rhian Brewster has a 20M pound contract with Sheffield and has 0 goals in any competition and 0 assists in league play. :help:

Guaita - Baldock, Ajayi, O'Shea, Lewis - Lundstrom, Riedewald, Fleck - Gudmundsson, Maupay, Eze

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
1dr0zgf5ia171.jpg

Azpilicueta had his ban overturned.

SSF

Oct 5, 2017
haha yea, i was like that's a good list then got to that name
list sucks

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Is this your 11? have you ever watched Eze? Like ever? To a lesser extent Maupay, but still the same sentiment..
I perceive Eze as lazy, maybe I'm wrong. I also tried to pick starters as much as possible.

Redid the list by actually looking at rosters/stats instead of going by memory. Maupay's still there, sorry.

Guaita - Clyne, Ajayi, O'Shea, Lewis - Sawyers, Livermore, Lundstram - Costa, Maupay, Diangana

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad