GWT: PL Matchweek 38 FINALE

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA

He seems to often know exactly the right thing to say. The performance against Barcelona where Gini came in and played like a tank destroying everything in his path is something I will never forget. Best half I've ever seen any of our players play.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
People slobber all over Leicester all year and then when they bottle it at the only time of year that matters, it's "Well, they're just happy to be here!".
I mean the expectations are different for them. They’re the team that can best compete for top 4 outside of the biggest name clubs.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
People slobber all over Leicester all year and then when they bottle it at the only time of year that matters, it's "Well, they're just happy to be here!".
I honestly think winning the FA Cup was the worst thing for them. That’s why it’s a tin pot. I’d rather have 3rd or 4th than 5th and FA Cup. Took their eyes off the prize, celebrated too hard and couldn’t get back in gear.

IceColdOx

Jan 29, 2019
Watertown, NY
Happy Elanga scored and Mata likely ends his United career with a goal. Wish we could have played better at home and turned some of those draws to wins. However, happy with 2nd. Congrats to City, who were class this year.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Yeah, but I mean. It's hard to say a team's style worked when they scored 39 goals and gave up 39 goals. GD of 0. They got results but a team can't play winning football like that.
Most teams don’t play winning football shopping 54 goals either. Obviously Leeds did and obviously Sheffield did. But it’s not normal.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Most teams don’t play winning football shopping 54 goals either. Obviously Leeds did and obviously Sheffield did. But it’s not normal.

Chelsea did last year too. It's actually a lot more common than the reverse (not scoring enough). These days usually at least one team who makes Europe gives up 50+ goals.

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
I honestly think winning the FA Cup was the worst thing for them. That’s why it’s a tin pot. I’d rather have 3rd or 4th than 5th and FA Cup. Took their eyes off the prize, celebrated too hard and couldn’t get back in gear.
Idk. Willing to bet a lot of Leicester fans would rather win a trophy than qualify for the CL to get tonked.

awesomo

Sep 12, 2007
location, location
Exciting finale day. Man united invincible away from home.

I don’t know who uses dazn here, prolly everyone?

but they created a red zone equivalent for the match day today. Was amazing. Great way to watch the day

Venkman

Jun 28, 2007
England
Decent performance by United considering the amount of changes. Amad with some nice touches, van de Beek played well. Great to see Elanga and Mata score and Mejbri make his debut.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad