GWT: PL Matchweek 33

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Blaming it for Chelsea losing is hilarious, but there were several players on both sides who seemed to slip today. Something seemed up with the pitch.
Yea not the reason they lost, but this is what the league gets when absurd rules are put in place that prevent them from spending their operating budget.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Lol, it was crazy to see how many plays Chelski self-inflicted to themselves lol. I am not sure what managers see in Alonso because he's solid going forward and one of the worst defensive players running back, he's worse than TAA for me who is quite bad himself. Like if Chelsea didn't play rubbish such as Alonso, Christensen, Rudiger, Sarr, or Lukaku they would be up there with LFC and Man City battling for the title. Is Chalobah seriously that different in talent level to not play him instead?

Gabriel was absolutely wonderful and that was in a match where six goals were scored. Odegaard has been an absurd buy as well, not sure what Real were thinking. Loved seeing ESR back there and hey, even Nketiah got rewarded today for his work ethic!!! That was far from being an ideal starting XI to play at Stamford Bridge, but we did it. We gotta do something about Tavares though, he was the worst player on the pitch after Sarr. I also think Ramsdale's form has fallen big time compared to a couple months ago. He's having some Sheffield United level talent head back into his game and that has the potential to be a disaster.
VAR not overturning this is completely absurd.
Considering how many missed calls we've had in the past, I'll take it even though it was an absurd penalty. Not sure how you can legitimately defend VAR if you're part of the FA when you have rubbish like this not getting overturned.
So apparently there are problems with the pitch at Stamford Bridge?

This is Ty from Arsenal Fan TV level of nonsense, but Tuchel is superb at making excuses so this ain't new.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Intresting that the team Arsenal started with yesterday was within the regulations to play in the PL2.

Every player started the season 23 or under bar Xhaka, Elneny and Holding.

HockeyGuy1964

Oct 7, 2013
You lot know what is going to happen, right? Arsenal is going to go 2-1-0 against Chelsea, Man United, and Spurs and lose the final game of the season against Everton. It's going to be even more hilarious because that match will be absolutely meaningless to the Toffees as they'll secure EPL safety the week before, which will allow Spurs to stay in fourth lol.
Well, good start for part 1 of your prediction.

Reactions: S E P H

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Burnley keeps on fighting against relegation, with today's win they're just one point behind Everton.
As I mentioned yesterday, that point Everton got late could prove to be huge. They have a harder schedule to finish out the year so everything counts.

HockeyGuy1964

Oct 7, 2013
You lot know what is going to happen, right? Arsenal is going to go 2-1-0 against Chelsea, Man United, and Spurs and lose the final game of the season against Everton. It's going to be even more hilarious because that match will be absolutely meaningless to the Toffees as they'll secure EPL safety the week before, which will allow Spurs to stay in fourth lol.
You must feel kinda silly now seeing as how way out to lunch your prediction was.
Just kidding, it was incredibly accurate.
JFC, this team.

Reactions: S E P H

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
You must feel kinda silly now seeing as how way out to lunch your prediction was.
Just kidding, it was incredibly accurate.
JFC, this team.
I was pretty close, which shows how much this club is predictable and not in a good way. I missed the Spurs game but even then Arsenal were in control of their destiny. It's the losses on the road, especially the one to Newcastle that did us in.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad