Man City x Brighton

Thursday 21 April

Burnley x Southampton

Last edited:

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Is this the first time in English football history the quadruple is legitimately plausible the final third of a season?

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Yo I totally remember that now!

City clinched the league and put out all the "Fourmidables" propaganda with the Community Shield stapled onto it because their social media team just didn't wanna come up with something different.

Last year was just a fever dream. Liverpool sucked and the stadiums were empty. That's all my mind stored.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Get the 3 points in the early match against Brighton and put the pressure on the chasers

That Chelsea-Arsenal match will be massive.

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
Last year
1649948795117.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Rob

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Has anyone watched Brentford this year and have any thoughts about Vitaly Janelt? He was a talented youth player before losing his way/focus, but is pushing for a NT spot and german reports have given him praise for his development in England :dunno:

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Has anyone watched Brentford this year and have any thoughts about Vitaly Janelt? He was a talented youth player before losing his way/focus, but is pushing for a NT spot and german reports have given him praise for his development in England :dunno:
He has been very good. He might be system specific though. Brentford play is a very particular way. Not sure how many of those guys translate but there is definitely some interesting talent, including Janelt there

Reactions: al secord and cgf

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
He has been very good. He might be system specific though. Brentford play is a very particular way. Not sure how many of those guys translate but there is definitely some interesting talent, including Janelt there
Nice to hear he turned things around after getting too caught up with the party life as a teenager, either way.

al secord

Mustard Tiger
Jun 26, 2013
Toronto
One of our better players. One of the few consistent performers even when we fell off the cliff. His game benefited quite a bit from the arrival of Eriksen. He's an intelligent player.

Pushing for a national team spot, I can see, especially with his age, but I don't see where he fits yet. Young depth is never a bad thing, however.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
One of our better players. One of the few consistent performers even when we fell off the cliff. His game benefited quite a bit from the arrival of Eriksen. He's an intelligent player.

Pushing for a national team spot, I can see, especially with his age, but I don't see where he fits yet. Young depth is never a bad thing, however.

Awesome thanks.

He's not going to start over Goretzka & Kimmich even if he does convince Flick to take him, but we lack depth behind those two. Especially guys who can be strong in both directions...as most of our better depth in the midfield are attacking midfielders who have learned to play as 8s -- Gundogan, Neuhaus, Musiala, Hoffmann, Baku, Draxler, Brandt, Dahoud, Stiller, Geiger -- while the more naturally defensive midfielders are a step down in quality; Stach, Andrich, Can, Arnold, Weigl, Dorsch, etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: al secord

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Spurs playing ahead of Arsenal is pretty big.
eh. I honestly don’t know how much that matters at this level. I think people always looking for these intangible psychological edges but I don’t think it counts for much. I don’t know if there is a proven correlation anyway. Heard this in 18/19 a lot with LFC and City and both teams just kept winning.

Tottenham’s advance over Arsenal is simply they are currently better than Arsenal is on the field and behind the bench. Which is still a pretty good advantage

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
Not that I need either of these sides to go down to 10, but you can just turn around and swing at someone’s face because you’re frustrated?

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
How the hell was that Kulusevski play not red?

Brighton have all this pretty approach play and then just cross the ball into nothing and no one.

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
That’s a yellow on Reguilon all day. Unless, of course, you’ve already made a mess of the game and can no longer just make each decision on its own.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
He probably should be off for one of those. So should Kulusevski. Neither side can feel hard done.
Eh, either would have been a super harsh second yellow to me. Of course, you accumulate enough and it almost doesn't matter what the foul is though.

Without that tension, this is a real snoozer of a match.

Reactions: Burner Account

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad