GWT: PL Matchweek 33

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
see what azpilicueta is saying there about being pulled but you make your own mess there by having poor body position in the first place

can’t put the ref in a position where they have to make a call

Reactions: Mount Suribachi

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
I understand Moss giving it live because he's totally blocked off, but VAR not overturning it is disgraceful and whoever if VAR tonight should be immediately fired.

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
It’s very difficult for me to remain a fan of this sport when I watch something like this. That was an absolute embarrassment to the teams, officials, the league, and entire sport of football.

Giving a penalty for that and after review not overturning the decision is unforgivable. I’m not gonna be giving this sport too many more opportunities tbh. Losing interest. And it’s all because of the officiating/VAR.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
It’s very difficult for me to remain a fan of this sport when I watch something like this. That was an absolute embarrassment to the teams, officials, the league, and entire sport of football.

Giving a penalty for that and after review not overturning the decision is unforgivable. I’m not gonna be giving this sport too many more opportunities tbh. Losing interest. And it’s all because of the officiating/VAR.
Seems rather dramatic after a call like that lol

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis

Okay. If you don't mind me asking, what sport do you follow where the officiating is never an issue?

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015

Right. Out of all the penalty and VAR screwups it was this, THIS one that is making you question the sport.

The amount of salt here is hilarious.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA

Chelsea should have had one, more likely two players sent off. Yes the call was embarrassing but please

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Also wow Everton draws it in the 96th. That goal could be huge for them. They have a tougher schedule coming up so they really needed that extra point of separation.

Reactions: gary69

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
It was an absolute joke of a call and it's exactly what VAR is supposed to correct.

There's literally no point in having VAR if they're not going to overturn those.
I mean, I agree it was a terrible call, but there was contact before the grab by Saka. If Moss thought the penalty started with that contact, then fine. Like I said, hilarious that that's given, especially considering some of the calls Arsenal hasn't gotten this year, but this is far from the only questionable penalty given, both pre and post VAR.

Also, on balance, Chelsea got away with a lot. Mount and Sarr both could have easily been off.

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
I mean, I agree it was a terrible call, but there was contact before the grab by Saka. If Moss thought the penalty started with that contact, then fine. Like I said, hilarious that that's given, especially considering some of the calls Arsenal hasn't gotten this year, but this is far from the only questionable penalty given, both pre and post VAR.

Also, on balance, Chelsea got away with a lot. Mount and Sarr both could have easily been off.
No this was the WORST call EVER in the history of the sport. Let them cry.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
It was an absolute joke of a call and it's exactly what VAR is supposed to correct.

There's literally no point in having VAR if they're not going to overturn those.
Mount and Sarr both could have been easily sent off. That second Mount cleat stomp was especially brutal.

The pen call is on the weaker side but I think it is still valid.. Azpi should probably do better in the first place and he should also know better. There is no need to just hold on to Saka, put him in a tough spot.

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
Mount and Sarr both could have been easily sent off. That second Mount cleat stomp was especially brutal.

The pen call is on the weaker side but I think it is still valid.. Azpi should probably do better in the first place and he should also know better. There is no need to just hold on to Saka, put him in a tough spot.
Don't make Hatterson pull out the rule book!

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Xhaka always makes Kante his bitch. At the euros, in two FA Cup finals, twice last season and again today.

VEGASKING

Dec 23, 2002
Sin City
www.facebook.com
This f***ing team. Lose 3 straight to middling teams and then beat Chelsea. Ronaldo hat trick incoming in the next game and back to where we were 3 hours ago.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Reactions: bluesfan94

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad